September 25Sep 25 It just amazes me that we got through this season with all but basically 2 AL teams being somewhere between garbage and mediocre at best. Usually even if it a slow start, some teams break out. It's pretty much Tampa, NYY, and Springfield's Tire Fire.
September 25Sep 25 Phillies last two weeks of the season have been insane Atlanta, Milwaukee and now TampaThe cubs catching the mets, phillies, and padres all at the right time and now Boston is insane luck. They also had 2 10 game winning streaks and a 10 game losing streak.
September 25Sep 25 heard this in the morning sports talk in Phoenix which is what we are doing now. It's about rooting for a team you hate to help you out for the post season.
September 25Sep 25 1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:It just amazes me that we got through this season with all but basically 2 AL teams being somewhere between garbage and mediocre at best. Usually even if it a slow start, some teams break out. It's pretty much Tampa, NYY, and Springfield's Tire Fire.I'm not going to throw a fit how this bunch of kids are going to perform in the post season. I'm content that they got there otherwise it would be a great failure. I don't want them to enter the next season that way. I imagine it will be a great time at the Cell.
September 25Sep 25 1 hour ago, Bob Sacamano said:I also blame the Red Sox for the reason we traded for Luis CastilloI also blame the Red Sox or any other team for not trading for Castillo Edited Friday at 06:43 PM5 days by kitekrazy1
Friday at 06:21 PM5 days Monasterio and IKF are 1 for last 41. Monasterio was 5-12 in the last series against the Sox.
Friday at 06:46 PM5 days 2 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:of course Boston scores todayWell look who they are playing against! 😄Seriously the Cubs pitching staff isn't as good as Cleveland's in my opinion.
Friday at 06:47 PM5 days 1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:Well look who they are playing against! 😄Seriously the Cubs pitching staff isn't as good as Cleveland's in my opinion.Yeah Sabrowski is just a little bit better than Thielbar
Friday at 07:54 PM5 days 1 hour ago, Lip Man 1 said:Well look who they are playing against! 😄Seriously the Cubs pitching staff isn't as good as Cleveland's in my opinion.It is not. And their offense runs extremely hot and cold.
Friday at 08:01 PM5 days 3 hours ago, kitekrazy1 said:I'm not going to throw a fit how this bunch of kids are going to perform in the post season. I'm content that they got there otherwise it would be a great failure. I don't want them to enter the next season that way. I imagine it will be a great time at the Cell.Honestly, this team is young and stupid enough to not care about the postseason and just perform.
Friday at 08:01 PM5 days I'm now happy with Boston for at least beating the Cubs. Want to see them have to go on the road to San Diego, or even Atlanta, which seems possible if they lose out.
Friday at 08:23 PM5 days 2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:I'm now happy with Boston for at least beating the Cubs. Want to see them have to go on the road to San Diego, or even Atlanta, which seems possible if they lose out.Hearing former players talk. They don't like going into the playoffs ending in losses. They don't like resting. If they are doing well at the plate they don't want a break.Interesting the Cubs and Red Sox had these extreme winning streaks. Either one could go into invincibility mode next week.
Friday at 08:25 PM5 days 22 minutes ago, JoeC said:Honestly, this team is young and stupid enough to not care about the postseason and just perform.That statement doesn't make sense. No athlete would ever do that.
Friday at 08:32 PM5 days 6 minutes ago, kitekrazy1 said:That statement doesn't make sense. No athlete would ever do that.What I mean by that is that some athletes feel the pressure and crumble.From my experience, some are too young and stupid to feel the pressure, and they just perform anywyas.
Friday at 08:35 PM5 days 1 minute ago, JoeC said:What I mean by that is that some athletes feel the pressure and crumble.From my experience, some are too young and stupid to feel the pressure, and they just perform anywyas.that might be a myth...........I've never been in those shoes.Not sure what perform anyways means
Friday at 08:37 PM5 days Just now, kitekrazy1 said:that might be a myth...........I've never been in those shoes.Not sure what perform anyways meansMay be a myth, or may be a group of kids believing in each other and being too cocksure of themselves to listen to outside forces. I’ve seen it, at least in lower (collegiate) levels in other sports.“Perform anyways” just means not choking or crumbling under the pressure.
Friday at 11:05 PM5 days Phillies and Cubs struggling to get to the finish line...can say the same for the Red Sox as well Edited Friday at 11:06 PM5 days by caulfield12
Friday at 11:24 PM5 days Cubs Red Sox Sunday 305 at TB is something...at least one day off on Sat and Monday with the travelmight have to finish tonight's Game 2 there as wellguess Toronto is occupied?
Saturday at 12:13 AM5 days Oh now those Boston assholes can hit with RISP...Cubs probably just lost home field to the Padres. They got shutout for 5 innings by Paez, who we all know is absolutely terrible. Edited Saturday at 12:14 AM5 days by chw42
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.