7 hours ago7 hr 9 hours ago, Falstaff said:I have never seen a challenge for an infielder's foot on the outfield grass before. It caught the announcers off guard.Nice try
7 hours ago7 hr Solid game all around. Pitching was great, although Newcomb continues to look shaky. Taylor closing it out and throwing 50+ pitches was awesome. He looked confident, and his pitches were sharp. They had enough offense to keep it from being a nailbiter at the end. Colson hitting the mammoth home run was nice to see, and hopefully that boosts his confidence.Now go win today.
6 hours ago6 hr The team was unfazed with any first-time playoff pressure. Late season callups Hagen and Sandlin were pitching like it was another game down in Charlotte. I was so impressed with Sam setting the table early and then driving in 2 with a clutch hit against an LHP.
6 hours ago6 hr 30 minutes ago, Falstaff said:The team was unfazed with any first-time playoff pressure. Late season callups Hagen and Sandlin were pitching like it was another game down in Charlotte.I was so impressed with Sam setting the table early and then driving in 2 with a clutch hit against an LHP.Smith didn’t pitch like it was Charlotte since he was actually good yesterday! He was terrible down there.
5 hours ago5 hr 1 hour ago, Falstaff said:The team was unfazed with any first-time playoff pressure. Late season callups Hagen and Sandlin were pitching like it was another game down in Charlotte.I was so impressed with Sam setting the table early and then driving in 2 with a clutch hit against an LHP.Not sure if it is just facing the line up once out of the pen, or if they made an actual change in his mechanics, but Smith has found something for now. Hopefully he can hold on to it next year as a starter because we really need it.
5 hours ago5 hr 1 hour ago, Falstaff said:The team was unfazed with any first-time playoff pressure. Late season callups Hagen and Sandlin were pitching like it was another game down in Charlotte.I was so impressed with Sam setting the table early and then driving in 2 with a clutch hit against an LHP.His intensity in that first ab was great to see. The Sox wanted this game more and it was obvious.
4 hours ago4 hr 1 hour ago, PaleAleSox said:Smith didn’t pitch like it was Charlotte since he was actually good yesterday! He was terrible down there.I alluded to Smith's work in the college world series. Not sure it means anything but I thought it could not hurt.
3 hours ago3 hr I thought that Steve Stone sounded very good on the broadcast working with Tom McCarthy (Phillies announcer) - I really like the announcer pairings that I've heard in all of the series thus far.
2 hours ago2 hr Author 1 hour ago, h. jones said:I thought that Steve Stone sounded very good on the broadcast working with Tom McCarthy (Phillies announcer) - I really like the announcer pairings that I've heard in all of the series thus far.Amazing how much better Stone is when he feels like putting in a little effort. He repeated himself a few times but for the most part he did a good job. Bloomer was a little weak early but grew into the game and it was nice having a 2005 flash back with him in the booth. Smith just seems like a guy that as the lights get brighter he dials in. Hard to quantify and it certainly helps to have the stuff he does, but he was dialed in. The few times he went to a 3 ball count he didn't give in and gave up a single or harmless ground ball rather than walk anybody.
12 minutes ago12 min 14 hours ago, Green Line said:It can? We'll seeSince the definition of can is "Possibility: To indicate that something is probable or possible under certain circumstances.", are you questioning that it's even possible that hitting postseason HRs can fix a slump?But yes, ultimately, we will see. Edited 11 minutes ago11 min by Southwest Sider
5 minutes ago5 min 6 minutes ago, Southwest Sider said:Since the definition of can is "Possibility: To indicate that something is probable or possible under certain circumstances.", are you questioning that it's even possible that hitting postseason HRs can fix a slump?But yes, ultimately, we will see.Thanks Webster
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.