Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

ALDS game 4, time TBD White Sox vs Cleveland

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:

Going to be the 6th time CLE has seen him, 3rd time this series. Risky

Edited by BigHurt3515

  • Replies 119
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Colome's Hat
    Colome's Hat

    I have a date scheduled for tomorrow. It's going to be fine

  • Also, I can’t say this enough, but this season completely rejuvenated the fan base out by me in the Naperville region. Kids are having Sox viewing parties and the stores are packed with Sox merchandi

  • MexSoxFan#1
    MexSoxFan#1

    I have a good feeling about tomorrow for our Sox

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Going to be the 6th time CLE has seen him, 3rd time this series. Risky

I agree, would've gone with Fedde. Hope we get great Hagen, no walks. You limit the walks vs Cleveland, then you make that anemic offense strings hits and that limits their run production. 10 walks given up doesn't win you many games. I think Sox pitching will be much better and hopefully the Sox offense stops chasing fastballs eyes high

Let's hope for Friday night lights, Arkansas Hagen. LFG.

Should have just gone with Hagen to start the 3rd

10 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I agree, would've gone with Fedde. Hope we get great Hagen, no walks. You limit the walks vs Cleveland, then you make that anemic offense strings hits and that limits their run production. 10 walks given up doesn't win you many games. I think Sox pitching will be much better and hopefully the Sox offense stops chasing fastballs eyes high

I got to say I think Adell and Ramirez are more scary against a lefty than Kwan and DeLauter are against a righty

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Should have just gone with Hagen to start the 3rd

If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I got to say I think Adell and Ramirez are more scary against a lefty than Kwan and DeLauter are against a righty

I agree

1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:

If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.

Yeah Hagen was fine. Hudson is the worst guy on your roster. Hagen is a guy you have to let pitch himself into and out of trouble.

Expecting:

Smith

Fedde

Hicks

Taylor

My expectations for tomorrow:

  • Hagen = 1

  • Fedde = 3

  • Newcomb = 1

  • Hicks = 2

  • Taylor = 2

8 pm est 7 cst

Might be the entire baseball world focusing on Sox/Guardians the next 24-72 hours the way Padres/Brewers is trending.

Made it to the final five teams still alive.

10 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.

Maybe not the right place for this, but I'm missing something? Smith had to tuck and roll to not get clocked by the throw home. Even if he sprinted straight to the bag, I don't think there's a chance for the DP. How many "3-2-1" double plays have we ever seen?

2 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

Maybe not the right place for this, but I'm missing something? Smith had to tuck and roll to not get clocked by the throw home. Even if he sprinted straight to the bag, I don't think there's a chance for the DP. How many "3-2-1" double plays have we ever seen?

There was no play at first

3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:

Expecting:

Smith

Fedde

Hicks

Taylor

I think you maybe see another LHP after Smith if Venable's goal remains getting through Kwan twice before the RHP?

I'm expecting at least 4 from Hicks and Taylor on the backend, so some combination of Smith, Fedde, and Newcomb/Kay depending on availability to piece together the front half of the game.

Limit the walks, make Messick work again, and the home clincher is there for them.

Smith and Kay cover the first three. Hicks comes in and hopefully gives us two. Now you have four innings to cover and it’ll depend on the score at that point. Taylor should be good for a couple. Not sure what Newcomb’s status is. Fedde can be the bridge whenever he is needed.

18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

8 pm est 7 cst

Might be the entire baseball world focusing on Sox/Guardians the next 24-72 hours the way Padres/Brewers is trending.

Made it to the final five teams still alive.

Let's make it Final Four

33 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yeah Hagen was fine. Hudson is the worst guy on your roster. Hagen is a guy you have to let pitch himself into and out of trouble.

I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in too

What I would kill to have more than 1 SP who can go 5+

I have to think Smith is only giving you 1 based on what he threw today and he only went back to back days once this year (the 2nd game being the PCA walk off). I would go with Fedde next and hope he can get you 3, if you are up a couple runs he might be able to get you 4.

Edited by BigHurt3515

2 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in too

The thought was probably that Cleveland struggles against lefties and they had 7-8-9 up that inning. Perfect time to try to steal an inning out of Hudson. Gotta cover 9 innings somehow.

Obviously was the wrong call.

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

The thought was probably that Cleveland struggles against lefties and they had 7-8-9 up that inning. Perfect time to try to steal an inning out of Hudson. Gotta cover 9 innings somehow.

Obviously was the wrong call.

Yeah but Hudson shouldn't be pitching right now, he's arm is toast, his velocity is down, and his control is a problem. I would have gone to Hagen to start an inning, I don't like Smith going in with runners on. I even posted at the beginning of Hudson's stint that I don't trust Hudson here...oh well.

Hopefully Venable learns to trust only his A relievers and not the back end of the BP guys in high pressure games.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.