2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, HeGetzUs said:Going to be the 6th time CLE has seen him, 3rd time this series. Risky Edited 2 hours ago2 hr by BigHurt3515
2 hours ago2 hr 4 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:Going to be the 6th time CLE has seen him, 3rd time this series. RiskyI agree, would've gone with Fedde. Hope we get great Hagen, no walks. You limit the walks vs Cleveland, then you make that anemic offense strings hits and that limits their run production. 10 walks given up doesn't win you many games. I think Sox pitching will be much better and hopefully the Sox offense stops chasing fastballs eyes high
2 hours ago2 hr 10 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:I agree, would've gone with Fedde. Hope we get great Hagen, no walks. You limit the walks vs Cleveland, then you make that anemic offense strings hits and that limits their run production. 10 walks given up doesn't win you many games. I think Sox pitching will be much better and hopefully the Sox offense stops chasing fastballs eyes highI got to say I think Adell and Ramirez are more scary against a lefty than Kwan and DeLauter are against a righty
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, fathom said:Should have just gone with Hagen to start the 3rdIf he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:I got to say I think Adell and Ramirez are more scary against a lefty than Kwan and DeLauter are against a rightyI agree
2 hours ago2 hr 1 minute ago, Colome's Hat said:If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.Yeah Hagen was fine. Hudson is the worst guy on your roster. Hagen is a guy you have to let pitch himself into and out of trouble.
2 hours ago2 hr 8 pm est 7 cstMight be the entire baseball world focusing on Sox/Guardians the next 24-72 hours the way Padres/Brewers is trending.Made it to the final five teams still alive.
2 hours ago2 hr 10 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:If he's covering first, it's a DP and he's out of the inning. Don't think he was terrible. Just have seen him better. Probably only has one inning in him.Maybe not the right place for this, but I'm missing something? Smith had to tuck and roll to not get clocked by the throw home. Even if he sprinted straight to the bag, I don't think there's a chance for the DP. How many "3-2-1" double plays have we ever seen?
2 hours ago2 hr 2 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:Maybe not the right place for this, but I'm missing something? Smith had to tuck and roll to not get clocked by the throw home. Even if he sprinted straight to the bag, I don't think there's a chance for the DP. How many "3-2-1" double plays have we ever seen?There was no play at first
2 hours ago2 hr 3 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:Expecting:SmithFeddeHicksTaylorI think you maybe see another LHP after Smith if Venable's goal remains getting through Kwan twice before the RHP?I'm expecting at least 4 from Hicks and Taylor on the backend, so some combination of Smith, Fedde, and Newcomb/Kay depending on availability to piece together the front half of the game.Limit the walks, make Messick work again, and the home clincher is there for them.
2 hours ago2 hr Smith and Kay cover the first three. Hicks comes in and hopefully gives us two. Now you have four innings to cover and it’ll depend on the score at that point. Taylor should be good for a couple. Not sure what Newcomb’s status is. Fedde can be the bridge whenever he is needed.
1 hour ago1 hr 18 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:8 pm est 7 cstMight be the entire baseball world focusing on Sox/Guardians the next 24-72 hours the way Padres/Brewers is trending.Made it to the final five teams still alive.Let's make it Final Four
1 hour ago1 hr 33 minutes ago, fathom said:Yeah Hagen was fine. Hudson is the worst guy on your roster. Hagen is a guy you have to let pitch himself into and out of trouble.I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in too
1 hour ago1 hr What I would kill to have more than 1 SP who can go 5+I have to think Smith is only giving you 1 based on what he threw today and he only went back to back days once this year (the 2nd game being the PCA walk off). I would go with Fedde next and hope he can get you 3, if you are up a couple runs he might be able to get you 4. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by BigHurt3515
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in tooThe thought was probably that Cleveland struggles against lefties and they had 7-8-9 up that inning. Perfect time to try to steal an inning out of Hudson. Gotta cover 9 innings somehow. Obviously was the wrong call.
1 hour ago1 hr 2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:The thought was probably that Cleveland struggles against lefties and they had 7-8-9 up that inning. Perfect time to try to steal an inning out of Hudson. Gotta cover 9 innings somehow.Obviously was the wrong call.Yeah but Hudson shouldn't be pitching right now, he's arm is toast, his velocity is down, and his control is a problem. I would have gone to Hagen to start an inning, I don't like Smith going in with runners on. I even posted at the beginning of Hudson's stint that I don't trust Hudson here...oh well.Hopefully Venable learns to trust only his A relievers and not the back end of the BP guys in high pressure games. Edited 1 hour ago1 hr by MexSoxFan#1
54 minutes ago54 min 1 hour ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:I will never understand going to Hudson, he's been trash for a while now, why use him? Might as well put Brazoban in tooNot on the roster
45 minutes ago45 min Just noticed, every team that clinched a spot to the LCS...LA, MIL, and TB did so as the visiting team. Let's break that trend.
10 minutes ago10 min 30 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:Just noticed, every team that clinched a spot to the LCS...LA, MIL, and TB did so as the visiting team. Let's break that trend.All the teams that won Game 1 in the wildcard and division series rounds won the series. White Sox are the only team that can mess this up.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.