1 hour ago1 hr 4 hours ago, Colome's Hat said:What he said about TA had some ugly connotations. And I'll leave it at that.I don’t recall anything like you seem to be hinting. Do you have a link to Ramirez’s comments? I looked them up and still couldn’t find what you seem to be referring to.
1 hour ago1 hr 25 minutes ago, reiks12 said:What is the solution? Move the mound back? I don't know how you decrease Ks without making significant changes.Don't know.Velocity gets young pitchers paid. Despite all the TJS.They can't easily move minimum batters faced to 4-5.Moving the mound back 6-12 inches?Shrink the strike zone or plate slightly?Also way too many games with position players pitching...impacting statistics and the integrity of the game unnaturally.
1 hour ago1 hr 3 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:I don’t recall anything like you seem to be hinting. Do you have a link to Ramirez’s comments? I looked them up and still couldn’t find what you seem to be referring to.He said that TA was disrespecting the game. Whatever you think of TA, it's very obvious what some of this is about. Apparently he apologized afterwords but still.....
1 hour ago1 hr 2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:Guardians pitchers got 75 Ks in 5 games. Average of 15 Ks per game. 55.6% of the outs came via a K.That’s pretty mind-blowing.They were actually 6-31 with RISP. Still bad. Guardians were 10-37.Really interesting comment from a Red Sox fan at fangraphs..."I am surprised that the fact that the White Sox struck out 21 times is not mentioned in a more significant way but merely just as a side note.***Organized baseball has been played since 1876 and this is the first 9 inning game in which a team has fanned 21 times. Coming on top of the 19 strikeouts in Game 3 it puts the spotlight on the growing imbalance between pitching and hitting.***Much has been said about Jacob Misiorowski, Paul Skenes and Payton Tolle, but Gavin Williams showed the world last night that he is a member of that group and there are more and more of these 6’6″ pitchers coming along to only increase that imbalance. It wasn’t long ago that hits exceeded strikeouts regularly,***in this series the teams hit a collective .199 and there were 112 K’s and just 57 hits.***I hope baseball opens its eyes and sees this trend as something that needs to be addressed with more than token changes.Very well said...got rid of shifts, but just look at team batting average s and OPS trends.Closing in on the 1930s minus the NYY dynasty.Of course some would argue the Yankees winning every 2-3 years was actually a good thing, much like the Dodgers of today.Honestly, having those ump cams and watching pitches come in from an umpire perspective gave me a whole new appreciation for hitting the baseball (and also confirmed for me that we need full time ABS to get 100% accuracy on balls and strikes). I have no idea how these hitters hit these balls. And then you throw in breaking pitches like with what Gavin Williams has, it’s literally impossible for the human brain to make the distinction between a face high fastball and a 12-6 curve in the dirt when the ball is breaking just a few feet away from the plate after the hitter needs to make the decision to swing if they are going to hit it if it’s a 100mph fastball. You can see it too with this pitch overlay technology that is absolutely fascinating to me. Idk how this get fixed. Or if it’s something that even needs to be fixed? But how do you as a hitter adjust to that. Idk. Also makes sense why sign stealing is happening more often. Too damn hard to hit the ball.
1 hour ago1 hr 4 minutes ago, Colome's Hat said:He said that TA was disrespecting the game. Whatever you think of TA, it's very obvious what some of this is about. Apparently he apologized afterwords but still.....It’s not obvious to me. What was some of it about?
1 hour ago1 hr 1 minute ago, AntMan26 said:It’s not obvious to me. What was some of it about?Start by saying I'm a white man and I know José is a black player. However enough African American players have talked about the hurdles they have faced in the game today. I think many players and people fundamentally rejected the way TA was a proudly black player and didn't conform to what the white establishment wanted out of a baseball player. I didn't know before looking it up that Jose did apologize after which is class and good for him. Hopefully it was also mistranslated
1 hour ago1 hr 16 minutes ago, AntMan26 said:It’s not obvious to me. What was some of it about?I found Ramirez's comments and I still don’t see what Colome’s Hat is referring to…After the game, Ramirez addressed the fight and what he saw as the underlying cause of it. "I think he's (Anderson) been disrespecting the game for a while. I was telling him to stop doing that. After he tapped me really hard, more than needed, he said he wanted to fight and I had to defend myself."
56 minutes ago56 min 8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:I found Ramirez's comments and I still don’t see what Colome’s Hat is referring to…After the game, Ramirez addressed the fight and what he saw as the underlying cause of it. 8 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:I found Ramirez's comments and I still don’t see what Colome’s Hat is referring to…After the game, Ramirez addressed the fight and what he saw as the underlying cause of it. Disrespecting the game for awhile.....
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.