Konerko for Perez

moochpuppy

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks this deal is going to blow in our faces if it happens?  I really think Pauly will be fine, plus Perez's numbers away from the Ravine suck.  I get the feeling that Perez will just melt down here in a hitters park.

No, you are not the only one. It seems like in the last 3, or so, years (maybe more) trades that seem like they should be decent or even cut work against the Sox for one reason or another.

Perez will revert to two years ago form, where he still had an ERA in the 3's away from Chavez. Plus the Sox won't be asking him to be an ace and yes I think this improves the chances of Colon coming back because the Sox would likely save a few mill, although I will be shocked if its just a straight up deal. I'd think the Sox would be giving up someone else or at least cash considerations.

Am I the only one who thinks this deal is going to blow in our faces if it happens?  I really think Pauly will be fine, plus Perez's numbers away from the Ravine suck.  I get the feeling that Perez will just melt down here in a hitters park.

If this deal goes through it isn't in terms of worrying about what you get in return (relatively speaking) - it is about freeing up payroll and weading our the same player from our lineup. How many right-handed, slow, power hitters does one team need? Getting a reputable starting pitcher back in return is a great deal - enough said.

I agree....it is not about what we get back...it is about dumping salary of a player of which kind we have many

This deal will help us keep Maggs and CLee, most likely beyond next year

This deal now allows us to get both Robbie and Sullivan back if we want, and still add a good reliever.....or we add Colon and make this the best pitching staff in the AL Central

Though the question still stands? Who plays first base now?

Maybe we go after Palmeiro?????

Left handed bat and a vet for a one year deal?

Perez even if he is the 5th starter on the Sox helps. We certainly needed a 5th starter. I am convinced that if Daubach had played 1b all season last year he would have had much better numbers than Konerko. We save 3-4 mil in salary to increase or chance of getting Colon or decrease our chance of having to trade Lee or Ordonez. If we do trade another player, there won't be as much leverage over the Sox salary reduction won't be as big of an emergency. The net effect of the Konerko trade will be good for both teams.

Perez Splits

Daubach+Perez+3 million dollars > Konerko

If we get anyone in addition to Perez, it will be gravy.

If it is true, Thank You Paul Konerko. I have a lot of good memories of watching you play and I wish you luck in LA.

103 mph Screwball

I agree....it is not about what we get back...it is about dumping salary of a player of which kind we have many

This deal will help us keep Maggs and CLee, most likely beyond next year

This deal now allows us to get both Robbie and Sullivan back if we want, and still add a good reliever.....or we add Colon and make this the best pitching staff in the AL Central

Though the question still stands? Who plays first base now?

Maybe we go after Palmeiro?????

Left handed bat and a vet for a one year deal?

Palmerio is another good option. I think the Sox will take a vet one year type player that way they don't have to put up a huge financial investment. Palmerio probably doesn't have too many suitors, Dodgers were one of them, and at the Cell would put up decent numbers and provide the Sox with much needed left handed pop.

I also see Spiezo as a possibility and an outside shot at Ventura, but I don't think they would want him as anything more then a utility guy.

As far as Roberto...he can go to New York or somewhere else. I don't want him here. I'd rather see the Sox go after Adam Kennedy for a few mill (Reports are the Angels want a ss and will then non tender Kennedy, although he may be a FA, either way letting him go and moving Eckstein to 2nd).

Does Perez=Todd Ritchie?

just asking.

No, because Todd Ritchie never won 15 games with a 3.00 ERA in one of his first seasons while pitching 222 innings. That was a HUGE jump of workload from any previous years and that workload had a negative effect on him last year as it does with almost every pitcher that has that type of jump in workload. (Its been statistially proven...although their are exceptions).

Odds are he pitches closer to 2 years ago then this past year where he still had a 4.52 ERA, although he wasn't too good away from Dodger stadium. Perez is a lefty, 26, and has very good stuff and can strike guys out. He'll be a different look then Buerhle from the left side because of their contrasting styles and if the Sox bring in one more guy, then things will really be looking good.

Raffie!!

What a good idea.

But the $$$ might be an issue.

We NEED a LH power bat in the line-up, not just coming off the bench.

I think Raffie will take less money this time around. Maybe 2-3 mill. Heck, McGriff didn't make much last year and while they aren't identical players there isn't a huge difference. Well Raffie is better defensively and has a lot more power still.

just a wacky idea...

sox trade: valentin, Konerko, and Lee

LA trades:izturis, Perez, Greene, and Mota

this breaks up all right middle of the order, get a solid young SS, improve our starting staff, keep Maggs, and help out our bullpen

maybe we could give some money and that would give us a solid prospect as well*

:usa :usa :usa :usa

When trading for veteran players Kenny W doesn't have a good track record. He has done very well when picking up young talent. If the Konerko for Perez deal is true let's hope he does better than in the past. Who was the old GM that said, "you don't trade pitching for hitting (Bavasi?)?" The rationale was that good pitching beats good hitting anyday. Paulie is an excellent hitter, but Perez has shown he is a very good pitcher with the talent to improve so this could be a win-win.