And then there were three....

sox-r-us

Actually, there's the whole trade market issue. I think that's where they're gonna add somebody, 'cause it will cost them less salary-wise to trade for a guy vs. signing a free agent.

That being said, I expect a free agent signing or two but not until after 1/1.

any possibility of a trade with the angels....

wasburn and Percival ( for Maggs

washburn and Percival for Lee

Washburn/Percival for konerko

Washburn, Percival, 2 good Prospects for Maggs or Lee and Valentin

any of these possible????....would you want any of these?? :usa

Here's a smart move since the Angels have a void at 1b...

Trade Konerko for Washburn, Percival and sign Spezio

You couldnt get that kind of value out of Konerko. Add in Koch and a prospect (possibly Borchard) and it could work. Though spezio has been targeted by the Yanks so that might already be out of the picture.

You couldnt get that kind of value out of Konerko.  Add in Koch and a prospect (possibly Borchard) and it could work.  Though spezio has been targeted by the Yanks so that might already be out of the picture.

Yeah I'd do that...let Drew Henson Jr. get traded.

Here's a smart move since the Angels have a void at 1b...

Trade Konerko for Washburn, Percival and sign Spezio

you have a very high opinion of konerko. If you could get Washburn and Percival for Konerko, that trade would have already been done. It won't happen. I really beleive the Sox will go and get Garcia, but what do I know.

Add another solid right handed reliever to the list of probable non-tenders

from rotoworld.com

LATEST NEWS - December  12 - Previous News 

The Blue Jays plan to non-tender Cliff Politte next week in order to free up some money. Politte would only be due about $1 million through arbitration next season, so some team could step up and offer a lesser prospect for him. It would be a smart move.

I read in an LA area paper's website that Troy Percival has a degenerative hip condition and that's why they are listening to offers for him.

The main reason isn't the hip problem, but Percivals insistance that this will likely be his final season. The hip bothers him and there was a point last year the Angels thought he would never pitch again. Luckily things went smoothly and he's fine, but I think Percival knows he has a lot of money, has a world series ring and has had a great career.

He's a hell of a pitcher.

The main reason isn't the hip problem, but Percivals insistance that this will likely be his final season.  The hip bothers him and there was a point last year the Angels thought he would never pitch again.  Luckily things went smoothly and he's fine, but I think Percival knows he has a lot of money, has a world series ring and has had a great career. 

He's a hell of a pitcher.

After Albert Belle, the words "degenerative hip condition" scare me. He's been a helluva pitcher, but I'd have to pass on him.