ARod deal all but done

whitesox61382

Bad news in the sense that Nomar will go to the Dodgers and really f*** up our chances of getting Mota, Perez, or any of the prospects in a straight deal. Although we may possibly get what we want through Boston. If Magglio is still involved in this deal we may add in more players to recieve Williamson.

I believe KW has to wait for this trade to go down. This is what is holding back all of his moves. If we get Williamson, Kim, and Garciaparra for Magglio we get quality for quality.

This deal can be found on:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

To summarize the deal that I read on yahoo:

If the Red Sox get Rodriguez, there's been speculation they would then trade Nomar Garciaparra. Early whispers had him going to either the Dodgers or Angels, although there were indications those teams may not actively seek him.

Instead, there was talk the Red Sox might package Garciaparra with pitchers Scott Williamson and Byung-Hyun Kim and send him to the Chicago White Sox for star outfielder Magglio Ordonez.

Then we can start unloading salary. Thomas, Konerko, Koch, and Valentin are all options to go for cheaper alternatives. Valentin should bring us some good prospects in return and may allow us to handcuff him to Koch or Konerko to get them off our hands.

Possibly Valentin to Seattle for Guillen. Guillen can be out 2b. I believe Guillen started in the majors as a 2b. That would give us strong up the middle defense. Then we can go out and get a CF and sign Ponson and Freddy Garcia once he is released. Maybe make that trade for Carl Everett to return to fill in for CF. Looking good guys!

I am sure someone out of here has to go. Konerko/Thomas. But this team looks good!

J. Reed RF

C. Guillen 2B

N. Garciaparra SS

F. Thomas DH

C. Lee LF

C. Everett CF

P. Konerko 1B

J. Crede 3B

M. Olivo C

M. Buehrle

S. Ponson

E. Loaiza

F. Garcia

J. Garland

K. Wunsch

B. Kim

D. Marte

S. Williamson

I believe KW has to wait for this trade to go down. This is what is holding back all of his moves. If we get Williamson, Kim, and Garciaparra for Magglio we get quality for quality.

This deal can be found on:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-b...ov=ap&type=lgns

To summarize the deal that I read on yahoo:

Then we can start unloading salary. Thomas, Konerko, Koch, and Valentin are all options to go for cheaper alternatives. Valentin should bring us some good prospects in return and may allow us to handcuff him to Koch or Konerko to get them off our hands.

Possibly Valentin to Seattle for Guillen. Guillen can be out 2b. I believe Guillen started in the majors as a 2b. That would give us strong up the middle defense. Then we can go out and get a CF and sign Ponson and Freddy Garcia once he is released. Maybe make that trade for Carl Everett to return to fill in for CF. Looking good guys!

I am sure someone out of here has to go. Konerko/Thomas. But this team looks good!

J. Reed RF

C. Guillen 2B

N. Garciaparra SS

F. Thomas DH

C. Lee LF

C. Everett CF

P. Konerko 1B

J. Crede 3B

M. Olivo C

M. Buehrle

S. Ponson

E. Loaiza

F. Garcia

J. Garland

K. Wunsch

B. Kim

D. Marte

S. Williamson

Everett signed with the Expos............

Everett signed with the Expos............

I know this my man. In case you didn't hear, there are rumors that the expos will send him our way for some prospects. Sign and trade deal. They supposedly signed him because we couldn't talk to him as we didn't offer him arbitration. This has been brought up as it may not be legal. However, I can remember many sign and trade deals. I can only remember this when the team he is with resigns him and trades him, however I am not sure if that makes a difference. I don't know all the rules here.

Tim Kurkijan or whatever the hell his name is says Nomar to Sox via Dodgers. Any opinions??

Has ESPN ever been right when reporting about the hot stove? Peter Gammons had every team but the white sox ending up with Bartolo last year. We got him. That is just one example, but ESPN sucks at reporting these things as they are usually always wrong. Plus Gammons is a Boston Red Sox fan and everyone available seems to be talking to the Red Sox. Go figure. ESPN is also east coast biased. They never talk about Chicago, especially not he Sox.

One more thing that pissed me off about the ESPN f***ers was the pre game all star game last year. They did some s*** from Wrigley Field! f*** THAT s***! WHO WAS HOSTING THE GOD DAMN ALL STAR GAME? THE WHITE SOX?!?! DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THE HATRED? THE RIVALRY? WHAT THE f*** IS UP WITH THAT?

I prefer the LA deal over the Boston deal. Williamson is a bit too injury prone for my liking and Kim is just a nervous wreck unless we convert him into a starter. Plus we'd hav to resign Nomar on a long term deal and I couldn't see that gettin done, cos I think he wants to go home to California anyways.

I know this my man. In case you didn't hear, there are rumors that the expos will send him our way for some prospects. Sign and trade deal. They supposedly signed him because we couldn't talk to him as we didn't offer him arbitration. This has been brought up as it may not be legal. However, I can remember many sign and trade deals. I can only remember this when the team he is with resigns him and trades him, however I am not sure if that makes a difference. I don't know all the rules here.

I can't find this in print anywhere, so I cannot be sure, but I believe that the collective bargaining agreement prevents that. I don't believe you can trade a free agent you signed until a certain deadline. I have heard June 15th, but not sure til I see it or find someone who knows for sure.

I can't find this in print anywhere, so I cannot be sure, but I believe that the collective bargaining agreement prevents that.  I don't believe you can trade a free agent you signed until a certain deadline. I have heard June 15th, but not sure til I see it or find someone who knows for sure.

JoshPR said it was June 16th... so I'm assuming you two meant the same thing...

Manos for Guillen is one move we need to make if we can manage to pull it off.

I would also like to see the Sox sign Ponson.  I don't see the Orioles seriously chasing him, but I could be wrong.

With the reported 65 million on the table for Vlad, the 72 million given to Tejada, and the 18 million for Javy Lopez or 21 million for IRod.....at some point, the well dries up. And we can hope that means Ponson may have to look to the Windy City.

I can't believe we will end up with Nomar. That just defies all comprehension. As for Valentin for Guillen, that should be doable since the Vizquel deal was reversed. I know I'd rather have Valentin than Vizquel at this point, but the M's in that pitcher's park may see things differently.

Manos for Guillen is one move we need to make if we can manage to pull it off.

I would also like to see the Sox sign Ponson.  I don't see the Orioles seriously chasing him, but I could be wrong.

They have a a bunch of $$, and he's proven that he can win there. His first choice is to stay there. Combine that with the fact that our offer was incentive filled and deferred..

No one wants him here more than me.. but I don't see it happening unless JR goes against everything he's ever said about signing pitchers.