Sporting News Yearbook

winninguglyin83

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really argue with it, but I believe the sox will come out on top of the central.

Sox, how, may I ask, did you make the logo in your sig? Or, with what program did you make it? I see a lot of those and don't know how to make them...

Back to topic, the individual rankings seem pretty fair, but I still don't think the Royals can do much considering they have almost no starting pitching.

Sox, how, may I ask, did you make the logo in your sig?  Or, with what program did you make it?  I see a lot of those and don't know how to make them...

Back to topic, the individual rankings seem pretty fair, but I still don't think the Royals can do much considering they have almost no starting pitching.

The Cheat made it for me, Go to this thread and check out his work, that's where you request it

it was in the yearbook.

found it on the newstand this morning

here are the complete predictions

AL East

1. Boston

2. New York

3. Toronto

4. Balty

5. Tampa

Central

1. Twinkies

2. KC

3. Sox

4. Tribe

5. Tigers

WEST

1. Angels

2. As

3. Mariners

4. Rangers

Playoffs

Angels over Yankees, Red Sox over Twinkies

ALCS

Red Sox over Angels

NL

EAST

1. Philly

2. Florida

3. Atlanta

4. Mets

5. Expos

Central

1. Can't Type It

2. Astros

3. Cardinals

4. Brewers

5. Reds

6. Pirates

WEST

1. Giants

2. Padres

3. D'Backs

4. Dodgers (unless they add Frank or Konerko)

5. Rockies

Playoffs

Phillies over Astros; Can't Type it over Giants

NLCS

Phillies over Can't Type it

World Series

Red sox over Phillies

Red Sox are definitely the trendy pick. Huge story on the Red Sox in the New York Times today, too

The Royals I believe look the best on paper, just because they have added a lot over the winter, guys like Gonzo, Graff, and Sullivan, while the Sox and Twins have done nothing but hurt themselves.

They still have nothing in the rotation and McDougal was awful down the stretch. Their pitching is going to kill em.

Jeremy Affeldt - S - KC

Jeremy Affeldt thinks the removal of half his fingernail may result in the end of his blister problems.

When a doctor removed half the fingernail on the middle finger of his left hand, Affeldt said it was discovered that part of the nail was growing down into his skin and causing him to feel a "spike." Since the removal and permanent termination of the fingernail, Affeldt has had three pain-free throwing sessions in the Dominican Republic.

I don't give a s*** what "predictions" are made on paper. We were suppose to be the best team last year on paper. Look what happened. I believe this is good for us just because of the douters out there. This is a good way to surprise the world. We have to take our game on the field and not worry about any silly predictions that are made.

I don't put much faith in teams that "look good on paper."

I can remember the 1994 Mets who were supposed to "win it all," and man that team was loaded. They had Pete Schourek, Dwight Gooden, Frank Tanana, Brett Saberhagen, Sid Fernandez, John Franco and David Cone on their pitching staff, and Vince Coleman, Jeff Kent, Bobby Bonilla, Howard Johnson, Jeromy Burnitz, Eddie Murray, Howard Johnson, and Todd Hundley (when he was good) in their lineup.

Yet that team STUNK UP the joint for the whole season, and the "paper champions" ended up as a bottomfeeder.

This Sox team doesn't have the lofty expectations hanging over their heads this year, and most people have counted them out. So, let them use that as a rallying cry, and let's see what magic Ozzie has stored in his pockets. In other words, let's start playing the games and see what happens.

If we're going to just go by what's predicted on paper, then why even play the damn games? Just cancel the seasons of 24 teams and start the playoffs in April.

:bringit

what usually is predicted doesnt usually happen, we need to just go out and play the games and see who comes out on top. The sox are going to need to contend for the first couple of months though so that KW can go out and get some help. If that happens i think we gotta a legitimate shot at making the playoffs. :fthecubs

How the hell do the Twins keep on getting picked for a 1st place finish? It's not like they ran away with the division last season, they went on a tear the 2nd half. They've lost some important components of their team. I'm not saying that we should be picked for first, but the Twins??? KC would be a better choice than MIN, IMHO.

Oh, and another thing, I agree that we need to have an impressive couple of months to start off the season, but our first month looks like it may be a real b****.

it was in the yearbook.

found it on the newstand this morning

here are the complete predictions

AL East

1. Boston

2. New York

3. Toronto

4. Balty

5. Tampa

Central

1. Twinkies

2. KC

3. Sox

4. Tribe

5. Tigers

WEST

1. Angels

2. As

3. Mariners

4. Rangers

Playoffs

Angels over Yankees, Red Sox over Twinkies

ALCS

Red Sox over Angels

NL

EAST

1. Philly

2. Florida

3. Atlanta

4. Mets

5. Expos

Central

1. Can't Type It

2. Astros

3. Cardinals

4. Brewers

5. Reds

6. Pirates

WEST

1. Giants

2. Padres

3. D'Backs

4. Dodgers (unless they add Frank or Konerko)

5. Rockies

Playoffs

Phillies over Astros; Can't Type it over Giants

NLCS

Phillies over Can't Type it

World Series

Red sox over Phillies

Red Sox are definitely the trendy pick. Huge story on the Red Sox in the New York Times today, too

They had better cite me as a source for these predictions. They are almost identical to my prediction that I made about a week ago. The ONLY differences are that I had the Sox and Royals switched, Atlanta and Florida switched, the Reds in 4th, Pirates in 5th, Brewers in 6th, and the Dodgers and Arizona switched. The playoff are the EXACT same in every round including my WS prediction: Boston over Philly. I better get some credit from them since they copied my predictions :D .

I find it kind of weird that the Sox are average or better in every catogory, yet they only rank 19th overall. I also think that KC will be one of the most overrated teams in baseball next year. They were a fluke team last year that drasticly overachieved and have only made minor improvements, but to the casual fan they see a team on the rise that has made drastic improvements and are therefore setting themself up for a let down.