Sox sign: Burke, Morales, Loaiza, Heredia, Cooper,

Heads22

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is intriguing is daubach and loaiza signing. i think they are great pickups. now we can trade c lee.

They all signed minor league deals. Doesn't mean anyone is going anywhere.

Lee is going to be here. I'll laugh my ass off if they trade Lee and Thomas leaves after this year.

Ok, here we be:

Burke looks to be a good pickup, solid offense and can play a bunch of positions, including catcher.

Morales seems to be a lock for AAA catcher, decent pop.

Gil Heredia - Can't hurt to see what is left in him, will battle with Loaiza, Rauch for #5 spot.

Loaiza - Great insurance for Rauch.

Cooper - Eh, bum.

Daubach - Nice pickup.

Brumbaugh - Utility extraordinaire. Can play about anything, has good pop, strikes out alot.

this is how i look at t he carlos lee situation...he makes 4.2 million this year...last year of his contract...next year he is arbitration eligable...if he has similiar numbers to last year he probably ios looking at 6 million easy from the arbitrator...NO FRIGGEN WAY do you pay carlos lee 6 million...NEVER...i doubt any other team will pay him that much either so next year he becomes untradable...the only option...he becimes a non-tendered free agent and we get nothing for him...move him now...while he is still affordable to some team...let daubach play LF...maybe we could get a decent starter for lee...or a functional CF...daubach probably sux as a LF..but he cant be worse than lee...no one is...

we could have very well signed daubach to replace lee...thats if kenny has learned to think that far ahead...

the other signings...burke hit 305 last year at salt lake city.... i like it..any catcher that has AAA experience is ahead of what we have after paul...and that catcher could be our number 2 guy not if but whne alomor goes on the 60 day DL and if paul is lost due to being out of options...so burke could be our number 2 catcher before long...

the rest...loiaza sucks..heredia is well past being a has been...cooper im not sure about..never heard of him...others are a waste

I agree I think I would rather take the chance at Lee having a breakthrough with another team then the chance of him continuing to stagnate here. Besides I think in order for him to have a breakthrough season he needs to DH so he doesn't have to think about defense.

CLee has been improving defensively season by season (I know, how can he help it, the level there was not that high...) and I think he has been coming along.

The idea of paying CLee $6 mil in the future is daunting though. Well, lets hope he hits 65 homers this season and no one will mind the defense or the salary in years to come.

CLee has been improving defensively season by season (I know, how can he help it, the level there was not that high...) and I think he has been coming along.

The idea of paying CLee $6 mil in the future is daunting though.  Well, lets hope he hits 65 homers this season and no one will mind the defense or the salary in years to come.

I don't want Carlos to hit 65 homers....I want him to hit right around 40...that is perfect trade bait.

If he hits 65....he'll start yelling at teammates for turning down his music and he'll double his size and start showing up late for ST and will flip out on Rick Reilly for simply accusing him of taking steroids and will sprint out to LF and the Sox will suck and he'll have $20,000 stolen from him and most of it is in a towel that he left on a counter and he'll start hitting his wife with a rum bottle and the Sox will suck...and worst of all, he'll start getting called C-ME!

Oh god...that is a scary thought. :o

Did I mention the Sox will suck?

our CLee would never do those things!

By the way, I keep looking at Colon's sox scarf. Last SoxFest those scarves were on sale for $3, I know, because I bought all they had for Xmas gifts that I forgot to give and found last week with the tags still on them.

So KW gave the guy a $3 scarf.

Unless they found one later and KW got it for 50¢.

Daubach has always been solid since I can remember in his years with the Red Sox.  I think he is definitely an upgrade over Jeff Liefer and will be a great bat either off the bench or spliced into the middle of our right-handed lineup.  He should make the team barring injury and provide just some more good solid veteran leadership in the clubhouse.  This is a good pickup IMO.

I think you will find that he will not be an improvement over Leifer. When Leifer got used somewhat regularly he was a good hitter. Last season he was used so sparingly that he could never get his stroke down. Leifer will put 25 HR up this year for the San Juantreal Expos. Still, I like the pick up of Daubach since Leifer is gone.

Daubach has always been solid since I can remember in his years with the Red Sox.  I think he is definitely an upgrade over Jeff Liefer and will be a great bat either off the bench or spliced into the middle of our right-handed lineup.  He should make the team barring injury and provide just some more good solid veteran leadership in the clubhouse.  This is a good pickup IMO.

I think you will find that he will not be an improvement over Leifer. When Leifer got used somewhat regularly he was a good hitter. Last season he was used so sparingly that he could never get his stroke down. Leifer will put 25 HR up this year for the San Juantreal Expos. Still, I like the pick up of Daubach since Leifer is gone.

Liefer has too long of a swing to ever be sucessful at the major league level. The guy has amazing power, but I just don't see him doing better then .240 or so.

I like the fact that we got rid of him for guys that can be role players. Liefer didn't want to be one, and that hurts the bench. You want guys that are comfortable and know there role and are happy. Graffy is one of those guys. I also think Rios is, and we'll have to see about Daubach.

this is how i look at t he carlos lee situation...he makes 4.2 million this year...last year of his contract...next year he is arbitration eligable...if he has similiar numbers to last year he probably ios looking at 6 million easy from the arbitrator...NO FRIGGEN WAY do you pay carlos lee 6 million...NEVER...i doubt any other team will pay him that much either so next year he becomes untradable...the only option...he becimes a non-tendered free agent and we get nothing for him...move him now...while he is still affordable to some team...let daubach play LF...maybe we could get a decent starter for lee...or a functional CF...daubach probably sux as a LF..but he cant be worse than lee...no one is...

we could have very well signed daubach to replace lee...thats if kenny has learned to think that far ahead...

the other signings...burke hit 305 last year at salt lake city.... i like it..any catcher that has AAA experience is ahead of what we have after paul...and that catcher could be our number 2 guy not if but whne alomor goes on the 60 day DL and if paul is lost due to being out of options...so burke could be our number 2 catcher before long...

the rest...loiaza sucks..heredia is well past being a has been...cooper im not sure about..never heard of him...others are a waste

Behind Daubach, Burkes the second best guy in all of this. One extra catcher cant hurt. And this guy looks good too. Now can I have his age please? If hes young KW may have stumbled on to something. If he cant beat Olivo for the starting job he could beat Alomar for the backup job or he could atleast make good trade bait...

• 5 months later...

I brought this thread back up to see peoples opinions on Loaiza when we signed him. Wow! Almost everyone thought he sucked!

Guest hotsoxchick1
I brought this thread back up to see peoples opinions on Loaiza when we signed him. Wow! Almost everyone thought he sucked!

lol omg.. and how is your mom panning out these days??????? :D :lol: :D :lol: :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
huh?  :huh:

omfg.. read the title of the thread.....lol geez us i make a small wise crack and then have to point it out too??????lol :huh:

for the most part, people ignored or thought the Loaiza signing was decent. I, thought it was decent because he would bring us 170 innings and 10 wins (I was wrong, for the better) one person said Loaiza sucks, which is funny, because it proves how dumb the word suck is.

how can you say a guy, who obviously had all-star potential in him, sucks?

I mean sure NOBODY thought he would do this good, but when you say somebody sucks, it means you think the guy is completely useless and can never amount to anything decent or of value.