Maddux to Sign with the Yankees!

fattyguy78

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i overheard on sportscenter that they have 17 (not necessarily current) allstars

THATS RIDONKULOUS

It's 18 if they get Maddux. This is complete and utter bulls***. I know as a Sox fan we're supposed to not pull for the sCrUBS in anything, but I'd much rather have they get them rather than the Yanks. This is really unbearable now. We're complaining that we're over budget at $65M. The Yankees' infield costs $76M. They would have to be well over $200M w/ the addition of Maddux. How is this fun? We have like two behemoths (Yanks and Red Sox) and 28 underdogs. I still don't see anyway people can argue this is good for the game.

The luxury tax does absolutely nothing. The Yanks can afford to pay the $32M they did in luxury taxes, and if you divide that amongst the teams, each team only gets a little over $1M. So in 25 years we can sign A-Rod to a one year deal. I can't wait....

Seriously though, I understand people's position on this board, but I would much rather see him go to the Cubs than the Yankees.  And I believe he will.

Honestly, at this point I want the Yankees to go out and get Maddux, go out and trade for a top notch 2nd baseman, and whatever else they want just so everyone will finally realize major changes need to be made.

Honestly, at this point I want the Yankees to go out and get Maddux, go out and trade for a top notch 2nd baseman, and whatever else they want just so everyone will finally realize major changes need to be made.

If they're not realizing that now...Do you really think the addition of two more players will turn on the light bulb?

c'mon this is the MLB, everything is perfect in Selig's mind. :puke

Meh...really doesn't matter to me. Bankee$, scrubs, I hate them both.. ;)

Hiya Dr. Reedmeister!!. I Too have a severe hatred for both clubs! Only one difference though! I don't want The north-side Camode-Snorklers to get Greggy-Boy because, I'm still listening to and dealing with last years garbage from the "El-Scrub-ola fans". And now that out "Mighty-Whiteees" haven't made any real big moves, I'm hearing it even more. For them to get Maddux, would not look forward to getting another ear-full 10 times over. At least in NY, he's a few hunder miles for Chi-Town, and not in any position to help sweeten the gloating from north-side feces-ville!