Worth 1000 words

DonkeyKongerko

cover_0405.jpg

:lol:

I know this was posted a couple of days ago, but a thought just came to me. Wasn't there a S.I. cover last year that had Wood and Prior on it? By coincidence....aren't they the 2 that blew the final 2 games? My point for bringing this up is................ Can anyone confirm that they were on a cover last year, and if so, any idea which issue?

Between that one and the latest one, what "2 GREAT SOUVENIERS" to have around in as a tribute to good memories. If anyone knows which back issue, I'll call S.I. and try to get a hold of one. Thanks!!!!

I know this was posted a couple of days ago, but a thought just came to me. Wasn't there a S.I. cover last year that had Wood and Prior on it? By coincidence....aren't they the 2 that blew the final 2 games?  My point for bringing this up is................ Can anyone confirm that they were on a cover last year, and if so, any idea which issue?

Between that one and the latest one, what "2 GREAT SOUVENIERS"  to have around in as a tribute to good memories. If anyone knows which back issue, I'll call S.I. and try to get a hold of one.  Thanks!!!!

i remember there was a cover, "Do you believe?" in october, I bought it, saved it, and continue to show up my cub friends with it, hilarious.

Hey.... Soxnbears & The Cheat!!!!!! Thanks a lot for the replies and the info!!!! Lookin' forward to obtaining my new "Treasures!!!" By the way!!! To add to it, I still have The Suntimes Sports sections on the last 2 "WONDERFUL" games of last years NLCS!!!

I know this was posted a couple of days ago, but a thought just came to me. Wasn't there a S.I. cover last year that had Wood and Prior on it? By coincidence....aren't they the 2 that blew the final 2 games?  My point for bringing this up is................ Can anyone confirm that they were on a cover last year, and if so, any idea which issue?

Between that one and the latest one, what "2 GREAT SOUVENIERS"  to have around in as a tribute to good memories. If anyone knows which back issue, I'll call S.I. and try to get a hold of one.  Thanks!!!!

July 7, 2003 | Volume 99, Issue 1

0707_large.jpg

Edited by playa hatin

What's crazier, the last 2 times an active sox player has been on the cover, it's been just as bad...

march 13- 2000

Not much happened immediately, we DID win the division, but LOST in the playoffs....

How is the first one bad? That season was a blast...we just struggled in the playoffs. I wouldnt say that was a bad year by any means. That is silly.

How is the first one bad? That season was a blast...we just struggled in the playoffs. I wouldnt say that was a bad year by any means. That is silly.

The reason we lost in the playoffs that season was 2 fold. First was that we lollygagged in the second half of the season after a monster 1st half and second is that JM was totally outclassed as a manager by Lou Pinella. TOTALLY outclassed.