What the White Sox Need to Do Is.......

C.Rector

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually a better question is would you rather have Danny Wright or

ARLINGTON -- Bartolo Colon, not wearing any thermal sleeves under his jersey in 50-degree weather and a steady Texas drizzle, reared back and painted the outside corner, freezing Hank Blalock with a 97 mph fastball.

It was the first out of the eighth inning and Colon's 94th pitch of the day, and it was just another one of the 51 million reasons the Angels acquired him in the offseason.

Colon came to the Angels as a free agent, signing for four years to anchor a pitching staff that had sunk into American League mediocrity.

Actually a better question is would you rather have Danny Wright or

The Great Coloni is a piece of work, isn't he?

Has a career year in 2002.

Is nothing special with the Sox in 2003

So far great with the Angels facing same offense that lit him up when he was a Sox

Where was all this excellence LAST year when Sox could have used it, Phatolo? I wish you all the bad luck in the world -- may the bloopers forever fall in and may green hamburga monster nightmares continue to haunt your ass. :fyou

So far great with the Angels facing same offense that lit him up when he was a Sox

Where was all this excellence LAST year when Sox could have used it, Phatolo? I wish you all the bad luck in the world -- may the bloopers forever fall in and may green hamburga monster nightmares continue to haunt your ass.    :fyou

What is with all of the irrational hate since you came back? :huh

What is with all of the irrational hate since you came back? :huh

I would hardly call that irrational. Colon was asked to be the ace that he was in 2002 and that he is so far in 2004......in the lightest-hitting division in AL no less.....Instead he barely cleared the 4.00 ERA mark. Two extra wins would have put the Sox over the top come September. He didn't come through.

Give me ONE good reason why I should like Bartolo for that.

Mark Buerhle and Garland didn't have all that great a season either in 2003, but they were making 6 times less than Colon combined, so the expectations weren't the same -- nor is the blame distributed equally.

I would hardly call that irrational. Colon was asked to be the ace that he was in 2002 and that he is so far in 2004......in the lightest-hitting division in AL no less.....Instead he barely cleared the 4.00 ERA mark.  Two extra wins would have put the Sox over the top come September.  He didn't come through. 

Give me ONE good reason why I should like Bartolo for that.

Mark Buerhle and Garland didn't have all that great a season either in 2003, but they were making 6 times less than Colon combined, so the expectations weren't the same -- nor is the blame distributed equally.

Now silly, don't play coy with me. It has been more than just this last post.

Ya, Shingo is the problem with the team.

:headshake

He is not THE problem but he is part of it.

At Yankee Stadium Saturday, my dad and I laughed at how bad Shingo looked. His stuff just isn't good enough for MLB hitters. Obviously cutting him won't make us 10 games better, but right now he is clogging the roster.

What is the point of having this guy on the team if you can only bring him into games that the Sox are either winning/losing by 10 runs.

Where was all this excellence LAST year when Sox could have used it, Phatolo? I wish you all the bad luck in the world -- may the bloopers forever fall in and may green hamburga monster nightmares continue to haunt your ass.    :fyou

I gotta feeling karma will get this fatass when the time comes.

At Yankee Stadium Saturday, my dad and I laughed at how bad Shingo looked. His stuff just isn't good enough for MLB hitters. Obviously cutting him won't make us 10 games better, but right now he is clogging the roster. 

What is the point of having this guy on the team if you can only bring him into games that the Sox are either winning/losing by 10 runs.

I completely disagree, I think shingo has really good stuff, he got rocked with 2 pitches over that he left over the plate, but overall his stuff looked pretty good to me, I think shingo will be just fine this year.

To bring in more Asian supporters to the Cell. He hasn't even pitched at home yet, and some of u guys r givin up on him. It's his 1st year, giv him till the end of April, if he still sucks, call him Rick White.

Shades of David Wells.