The official Jose is underrated thread

witesoxfan

To counter the official Jose sucks thread. Who still wants to get rid of him? Solid defense, good power, and (right now) a good average, along with leadership and great baseball instincts? He's damn near a steal for $5 mill.

Resign him this offseason.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, believe me, Jose Valentin is still overrated

Now why should I believe you, little buddy?

Overpaid? Yes.

Overrated? Not a chance. Quiet the opposite actually -- read the boards or listen to the radio sometimes, you'll know who the Soxdom Enemy #3 (behind Koch and Konerko) is.

:bang

Now why should I believe you, little buddy?

Overpaid?  Yes.

Overrated? Not a chance.  Quiet the opposite actually -- read the boards or listen to the radio sometimes, you'll know who the Soxdom Enemy #3 (behind Koch and Konerko) is.

:bang

Thats the word I was looking for, sir.

Wow we got one thread praising Willie and another praising Jose. Can I start a praise Jerry Manuel thread? Anyways, Valentin only comes back at less than $3 mill, and I want Orlando Cabrera instead.

I want Carlos Guillen (but that's just me LoL) but I'm not complaining on Jose. Was he a steal at 5 mil? No. Is he a big part of this whitesox team? You bet your ass he is. Not a big Valentin fan, but I do respect him alot. Cheers to Jose. :cheers

He is able to be replaced that's why he is bashed.

So let's bash Konerko/Harris/Crede/Lee/Rowand/Garland/Koch/Politte/...You get the picture.

I don't know why Jose is bashed. 36 errors in 2000 maybe? .240 last year? I like his 25 homers, solid defense, good baseball instinct(and baserunning), and the leadership he provides.

To counter the official Jose sucks thread.  Who still wants to get rid of him?  Solid defense, good power, and (right now) a good average, along with leadership and great baseball instincts?  He's damn near a steal for $5 mill.

THANKS FOR THIS THREAD FOR ALL THE f***ING NON BELIEVERS!!!!!!!!

I WONDER WHAT MORON WANTS JOSE TRADED NOW!! :bang :bang :bang :bang

but resigning him is a bit of a stretch! :D

So let's bash Konerko/Harris/Crede/Lee/Rowand/Garland/Koch/Politte/...You get the picture.

I don't know why Jose is bashed.  36 errors in 2000 maybe?  .240 last year?  I like his 25 homers, solid defense, good baseball instinct(and baserunning), and the leadership he provides.

Wite, there are a 1000 posters on this site. NO point in "educating" them one by one. Been there, done that -- won't have any effect on the "error" crowd, their minds are made up Just let it go.

:cheers

Wite, there are a 1000 posters on this site.    NO point in "educating" them one by one. Been there, done that -- won't have any effect on the "error" crowd, their minds are made up Just let it go.

:cheers

It's so hard though. I can't help it. :lol:

To counter the official Jose sucks thread.  Who still wants to get rid of him?  Solid defense, good power, and (right now) a good average, along with leadership and great baseball instincts?  He's damn near a steal for $5 mill.

I will admit, I like him and I think he can light a fire under this team, but with Guillen I don't really think we don't NEED someone to do that. .930 feilding % is far from solid. Juan Uribe is batting .370 and makes 7% of Jose's salary, at 350 grand. If we could ship him out, we could really use the payroll. I used to be a huge fan of him, but lately I'm just not feelin' it.

I will admit, I like him and I think he can light a fire under this team, but with Guillen I don't really think we don't NEED someone to do that. .930 feilding % is far from solid. Juan Uribe is batting .370 and makes 7% of Jose's salary, at 350 grand. If we could ship him out, we could really use the payroll. I used to be a huge fan of him, but lately I'm just not feelin' it.

GUillen??????

How long is URIBE GONNA HIT .370????? cAN'T COUNT ON IT

It's a safer bet playing him than Jose. Its .370 vs. .270, you pick.

LOL!!! GIVE me a break a guy is hitting .370 in the first month and all of a sudden he's GOD??? LOL!!!!!!! Please!!!! Uribe will come back to reality. I 'm happy he's gettign it doen don't get me wrong, But you guys thinking he's GOD is laughable!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

He's damn near a steal for $5 mill.

Are you crazy?

When he have Juan Uribe, we won't be resigning Manos after the year. Sorry to burst your bubble there pal.

Jose Valentin is the most underappreciated player on the white sox by white sox fans.

Not by all fans. Never ragged on him, never will. Glad he's here and glad he's back healthy. It would have been nice to sign him for a million or so less, but we didn't.