Neal Cotts

sox-r-us

Please...honestly now I see nothing wrong...we got LUCKY to get in extra innings last night...we still are a competitive team...its one game, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

Good point. Though we lost, it was still one of our better games of the season. To fight back that late in the game to even have the opportunity to play the extra innings was a success in its own right.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Cotts will be fine in time, but if we are going for it this year, we cannot afford to take the growing pains with him

I've got to agree. There is no way that I let this kid pitch to anybody late in the season in a close game, especially against a right handed hitter.

And if he's unable to pitch in tight situations, we need to go out and get somebody else to fill that role.

Here's his numbers:

Stats W L ERA G GS CG SHO SV SVO IP H R ER HR BB SO

2004 ...0 3 4.66 15 1 0 0 0 0 19.1 17 11 10 4 10 17

Career 1 4 6.06 19 5 0 0 0 0 32.2 32 23 22 5 27 27

1 hit for every inning pitched and equal numbers of strikeouts and walks is bad, bad, bad.

Can we PLEASE stop stomping on the Sox players after every loss?

It gets really old really fast.

It's to the point where I don't even want to come on here after a loss, because somebody is BOUND to have started a Blame Thread or 2 - or 3 - or more.

Losses happen..........to EVERY team.........lighten up.

Can we PLEASE stop stomping on the Sox players after every loss?

It gets really old really fast.

It's to the point where I don't even want to come on here after a loss, because somebody is BOUND to have started a Blame Thread or 2 - or 3 - or more.

Losses happen..........to EVERY team.........lighten up.

OK, add The Critic to the whiners list on my post above.

I think we are all missing the point here.

Cotts was doing great in the pen, Ozzie decided to try and start him, He lose all his confidence!

It's Ozzies fault!  ;)

I actually just threw my coffee from my mouth all over my computer screen.....no kidding

:lol:

Well, I guess we can all turn our computers off and stop criticizing pitchers because JoshPR has decided that if we haven't been on the mound we should just shut up.  For that matter, 99% of the baseball commentators in the world should just shut up because JoshPR has decided that they don't know anything either.  Of course, his opinions should be listened to by everybody.

What really makes me want to  :puke  is people like JoshPR, YASNY and JReedfan who keep taking it upon themselves to decide what can be criticized and what can't.

Stop whining about how much complaining there is about a freakin' game.  It's you guys who need to chill out.  If you don't like listening to fans do what they've been doing for a century while watching baseball, just stop reading it. 

But for God's sake, stop whining!

I believe you have met?

ka092.jpg

What really makes me want to  :puke  is people like JoshPR, YASNY and JReedfan who keep taking it upon themselves to decide what can be criticized and what can't.

And what makes me :puke is ignorant lil punks and highschoolers start a f***ing thread putting down every player when they do bad. My point until you go out and step on a mound you don't know what the pressure is of pitching in the Majors darn MORON.

So go back to ninth grade and when your a senior maybe your posts will be lil more important. It doesn't amuse me that all the people you mentioned are the older people on this board. :angry:

YOU SAID IT YOURSELF, STOP WHINING AND SHUT THE HELL UP.

:fyou :fyou :dips*** :dips*** :stupid :stick :bang

And what makes me  :puke  is ignorant lil punks and highschoolers start a f***ing thread putting down every player when they do bad. My point until you go out and step on a mound you don't know what the pressure is of pitching in the Majors darn MORON.

So go back to ninth grade and when your a senior maybe your posts will be lil more important. It doesn't amuse me that all the people you mentioned are the older people on this board.  :angry:

YOU SAID IT YOURSELF, STOP WHINING AND SHUT THE HELL UP.

:fyou  :fyou  :dips***  :dips***  :stupid  :stick  :bang

There's no use to argue with this moron Josh. Just ignore him and he'll go away. :)

C'mon you guys... is this really necessary...?

:lol:

No it's not, but it pisses me. You log on to the board and all you see is....

TRADE VALENTIN

RELEASE VALENTIN

THANKS FOR LOSING COTTS

SEND COTTS TO AAA

AROWAND BLOWS

GOODBYE JOSE

FELIX DIAZ HE SUCKS TOO

JEREMY REED OVERRATED

And mostly started by the same people. C'mon give us a break. One of the Mods sould make a thread called "THE b****ING THREAD" :bang

:D

TRADE VALENTIN

RELEASE VALENTIN

THANKS FOR LOSING COTTS

SEND COTTS TO AAA

AROWAND BLOWS

GOODBYE JOSE

FELIX DIAZ HE SUCKS TOO

JEREMY REED OVERRATED

And mostly started by the same people. C'mon give us a break. One of the Mods sould make a thread called  "THE b****ING THREAD"  :bang

Couldn't have said it better myself :lol:

Don't forget the Diaz back to AAA or Marte Sucks Balls... :rolleyes:

My point until you go out and step on a mound you don't know what the pressure is of pitching in the Majors darn MORON.

Speak for yourself, Josh.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the pressure is IMMENSE, and that it's the SINGLE biggest reason why, over the years, so many minor leaguers with great stuff and good minor league stats couldn't "dent" ( :)) the majors.

I guess people expected Cotts to dominate right away and be rookie of the year. The way he pitched earlier in the year spoiled a lot of people.

Speak for yourself, Josh.

Anybody with half a brain knows that the pressure is IMMENSE, and that it's the SINGLE biggest reasons why, over the years, so many minor leaguers with great stuff and good minor league numbers couldn't "dent" ( :)) the majors. 

I guess people expected Cotts to dominate right away and be rookie of the year.    The way he pitched earlier in the year spoiled a lot of people.

EXCUSE ME????? :unsure:

What in hell i'm i saying about the pressure. READ MY POST. Then you call me names OK. :bringit

TRADE VALENTIN

RELEASE VALENTIN

THANKS FOR LOSING COTTS

SEND COTTS TO AAA

AROWAND BLOWS

GOODBYE JOSE

FELIX DIAZ HE SUCKS TOO

JEREMY REED OVERRATED

And mostly started by the same people. C'mon give us a break. One of the Mods sould make a thread called  "THE b****ING THREAD"  :bang

:lol: :lolhitting

I claim responsiblity for the "Gload you no-good POS" and the "Corpseball" threads. Good times :headbang

Oh and.....Jose is the bummiest bum who's ever bummed. Burn her. I mean, him.

I believe you have met?

ka092.jpg

I thought that was pretty funny......but I don't get it.

I have no problem with anybody criticizing anybody, including me. I don't feel the need to defend multi-million dollar ballplayers that have a bad night. I'm not criticizing their family or religion or race, just the way they played the game.

The reason guys like JoshPR and YASNY make me want to :puke is because they somehow think it's their responsibility to chastise other people for voicing their complaints. I would be willing to bet that if I reviewed ALL their posts there is at least 1 complaint about the playing ability of at least 1 player. What makes their complaints any more valid than anybody elses? It's been going on for decades and one of the things that makes watching baseball fun.

You guys don't actually believe that players read what you write, let alone care about what any of us actually say on this site, do you? I doubt their confidence is affected because I said they belong in the minors. It's just my opinion.

Hey Ozzietheairehead.  When you have an opinion that's not an immature kneejerk overreaction, then I might give a s*** about something you have to say.  Until then  :fyou  :dips***

Temper, temper... ;)

Remember, you should only say positive things. How dare you criticize anybody. Like your mother said, if you don't have anything nice to say...

This is my favorite part of being a Sox fan. We have passion. By now some team fans, Lakers, Cubs, etc. would be sipping a latte and have forgotten everything from the previous game. We have opinions, usually informed opinions. We get upset because people here are generally bright, articulate, baseball savy fans, not easy push overs in a debate.

Go Sox.

And remember the emortal words of Jackie DeShannon

What the world needs now,

Is love, sweet love,

It's the only thing that there's just too little of.

What the world needs now,

Is love, sweet love,

No, not just for some but for everyone.

Lord, we don't need another mountain,

There are mountains and hillsides enough to climb,

There are oceans and rivers enough to cross,

Enough to last 'til the end of time.

He's still in a learning process.

He got himself in trouble because the A's sent in a pinch runner and Cotts lost his concentration. I watched the game on WGN. The A's got the runner on and sent in the pinch runner who bounced around on the bag. Neal threw over to first right away and the next pitch to the batter was grooved and hit for a homer. You could sense what was going to happen as soon as Byrne came in to run. Neal made a dumb rookie mistake. He failed period, but let's hope it is a learning process.