Ordonez to DL; out up to 7 weeks

aboz56

First 6 interleague games at U.S. Cellular so we've still got the DH.

Then Marlins, then Expos.  We should be able to handle the Expos even with a few bats missing from the lineup (fingers crossed).

That said there are still holes which need fixing.  Rowand really disappointed me in that at bat vs. Rhodes.  2-0 count and instead of being patient he tries to yank the ball and grounds out weakly to SS.  Damn, use your head.  The guy had questionable control, take a pitch.  Even Gload had a hell of an at bat, going down in the count 1-2 and drawing a walk.  Rowand had his head up his ass today.

don't like Rowand

:crying Is this maybe an injury that has been there since the collision, but he just didn't say anything?

It has to be, I'm guessing, because nothing happened right before he got injured......I think.

:o I didn't realize that. I hope this won't be a reoccuring injury throughout Maggs career.

here's another one -- Carlos lee has a 19 game hitting streak, but hasn't homered over that stretch, or since April 27th :ph34r: -- he has only 6 Xtra base hits in that time.

Juan Uribe has 8 Xtra Base hits in his last 9 games.

To add to what Tony said about signing Mags. This may help us keep him because he's obviously not going to have a career year by missing this many games. He might resign here ala Kevin Milwood because he's not going to get as much money as he is expecting, especially if he's injured.

Amazing Maggs finally got hurt.

Get well, Maggs.

You are a stud and the White Sox are lucky to have you.

I can understand Oz's thinking.

I kind of wish Joe B would be the man, however.

I don't see why we fans on here are so high on Reed if he's hitting

.250 and can't hit a home run.

Honestly, for the first time since Opening Day - I've got that sickening feeling in my stomach. I want it to go away but it won't. Spin it any way you want, if he's out four to seven weeks, that plain sucks. This is the toughest part of our schedule, we have to play a pretty tough NL East this year, and going through it without a DH and Mags is huge.

Wow... Just wow.

Alright White Sox - Let's see what you're made of. Jon Garland? It's time for you to step up. You have to be on your game now - if there is a stretch where you just dominate the competition, now is the time. Same goes for a lot of others on this team, not just Garland. Rowand - You have your shot. Prove to us you're capable of being an everyday outfielder. Ross Gload - we kept you here for a reason, time to prove it. Timo Perez - OK, so you had some nice clutch hits so far. But now, IMO, you're in a bit bigger role.

And the three that need to carry us. Carlos Lee - You got a 19 game hitting streak, which is all fine and dandy, but we need more than just one hit per game. Paul Konerko - It's June, buddy. Your month. Time to kill the ball. And IMO, the person that needs to have a huge month - Frank Thomas - It's your time...

Amazing Maggs finally got hurt.

Get well, Maggs.

You are a stud and the White Sox are lucky to have you.

I can understand Oz's thinking.

I kind of wish Joe B would be the man, however.

I don't see why we fans on here are so high on Reed if he's hitting

.250 and can't hit a home run.

So, when is hitting a home run everything? And, get your facts straight - he's hitting closer to .280 with a still fairly high OBP with two injury-writtled (sp?) wrists (Or is it just one?). Either way - we need people to grow some balls and step up.

What's the deal with the White Sox doctors' original diagnosis? Did they import these guys from the Red Sox? He sees the White Sox doctors, he is day to day. He sees the Oakland doctors, there seems to be something wrong. He goes to the Angels doctor, there definitely is something wrong. I hope the Oakland and Anaheim doctors drew a nice picture so the White Sox doctor knows were to stick in the arthroscope. This really sucks. Hopefully it will be closer to 4 weeks. These new team doctors scare me.

I would try and get Juan Gone from the Royals

Their GM has officially said he will start selling if they do not win by next week....they are not going to win.

Juan Gone does not have a very big salary to deal with, and he will be an ideal RF and great depth for the bench once Maggs comes back

We could even plug him in CF, get Willie to 2b and Uribe to 3B if he really produces, and sit Crede down the stretch

What's the deal with the White Sox doctors' original diagnosis? Did they import these guys from the Red Sox? He sees the White Sox doctors, he is day to day. He sees the Oakland doctors, there seems to be something wrong. He goes to the Angels doctor, there definitely is something wrong. I hope the Oakland and Anaheim doctors drew a nice picture so the White Sox doctor knows were to stick in the arthroscope. This really sucks. Hopefully it will be closer to 4 weeks. These new team doctors scare me.

I have yet to hear anyone else bring up the "degenerative leg" issue that I've been hearing about on the Score 670.

The last time I heard the word degenerative mentioned in a baseball context, it had to do with Albert Belle. People just don't throw that word around unless there's a good reason for it.

I would try and get Juan Gone from the Royals

Their GM has officially said he will start selling if they do not win by next week....they are not going to win.

Juan Gone does not have a very big salary to deal with, and he will be an ideal RF and great depth for the bench once Maggs comes back

We could even plug him in CF, get Willie to 2b and Uribe to 3B if he really produces, and sit Crede down the stretch

Juan Gone is a right-handed hitter, though.

To add to what Tony said about signing Mags.  This may help us keep him because he's obviously not going to have a career year by missing this many games.  He might resign here ala Kevin Milwood because he's not going to get as much money as he is expecting, especially if he's injured.

Unfortunately I still think the Mets or even the Dodgers will overpay for him. ;)