Why in the Hell...

JoshPR

Why didn't he pull Garland earlier? :o :headshake

And Botch walks three more and give up another run! :banghead :banghead

Why is Botch still wearing a Sox Uniform is Beyond Me :stick

Well he left Garland in when we were only down 2. It was Garland's fault Thome hit a hr. off him and he pitched awful, not Ozzies. ;)

You just said why it's ozzie's fault. Cause Garland was pitching awful

That 5th inning was terrible. I guess Ozzie was givin Jon every chance to get out of it. Just didn't work out. The bullpen also sucked total ass except for, Shingo. God, I don't know what we're gonna do with, Koch. He's a complete liability out there. He couldn't even pitch well with NO PRESSURE tonight.

Because your asking why he left Jon in. If you saw the game, you would know.

I'm looking at the Numbers. I don't get to watch any games maybe one or two if I'm lucky. I just ask cause Ozzie got this uncanny nak to leave guys in there 2 long.

Remember the game against the, Yankees? Garland was walking everybody in site, yet Ozzie left him in their to pitch his way outta trouble. Garland got the job done and we were all saying how Great Ozzie was for stickin with him. He tried the same thing tonight. It just didn't work out. Oh well. Lets go for the series win tomorrow :headbang

Luckily it's only one loss. Unluckily, the damn Mets can't beat the Twinkies - thus a first place tie. I said at the beginning of the month, if we stay within two games of first or stay in first place during the month of June and a little beyond, we're in very good shape. This is the toughest part of our schedule. Keep fighting, fellas...

Luckily it's only one loss.  Unluckily, the damn Mets can't beat the Twinkies - thus a first place tie.  I said at the beginning of the month, if we stay within two games of first or stay in first place during the month of June and a little beyond, we're in very good shape.  This is the toughest part of our schedule.  Keep fighting, fellas...

If not for Botch blowing those 2 gms against the A's and M's we would be up 2 gms right now :fyou

Ozzie has clearly decided to give his four top starters a lot of leeway. Frankly, I thought Manuel yanked guys way too soon, especially Garland. I think Ozzie's trust in Garland has paid off so far. Garland, other than today, has been a much more consistent pitcher this year.

I believe, our starters before the last two games were leading major league baseball in ERA. And, that's including the disaster that has been our 5th starter.

Josh

In my estimation, you have to leave you starter in there, because we basically did not have Mike Jackson to pitch today (after last night), and Koch cannot be counted. With two less men in the BP, considering we were getting hammered early, you have to worry about tomorrow and try and get the series win. The key in baseball is to realize how to give up a game you have no chance in and worry about tomorrow.

If we had lifted garland in the 3rd or 4th, that would have meant Marte, Shingo, Adkins and Cotts would all have to pitch today (since Jackson is not available, Botch could be brought in but he would leave with no outs but 10 extra runs, and Politte saved yesterday so he should go tomorrow)

That meant tomorrow, we would not really have a rested BP, and with the philly O we might need them tomorrow to win this series.

Hence it is the correct move....the starter can pitch 100 pitches....let him do that....so what if he gives up more runs....think war, not battle