Top 3 Sox All-Time

Reddy

I was watching a Rockies game once, and the announcers were talking about the greatest defensive players of all time, and the announcer goes, and don't forget about Nellie Fox from chicago.

The other announcer goes, "and, if I remember correctly he hit over 530 home runs" And the first announcer responds "oh my, I never even realized that, that is amazing". They go on and on about how nellie fox must be recognized as one of the best defensive-offensive players ever with out ever realizing that offensively they had confused Nellie Fox with Jimmie Foxx.

I was watching a Rockies game once, and the announcers were talking about the greatest defensive players of all time, and the announcer goes, and don't forget about Nellie Fox from chicago. 

The other announcer goes, "and, if I remember correctly he hit over 530 home runs"  And the first announcer responds "oh my, I never even realized that, that is amazing".  They go on and on about how nellie fox must be recognized as one of the best defensive-offensive players ever with out ever realizing that offensively they had confused Nellie Fox with Jimmie Foxx.

That is pretty funny i have also heard things similar to that. :lolhitting

well... i think i'm gonna go with... crap, still dont know...  Jackson, Thomas, and... and... and... and...????????????

Dick Allen.

( Only half-kidding - Allen was a STUD but he wasn't here long enough to count as an all-time great Sox player. Nonetheless, he was my first favorite Sox player, so I nominate him anyway!!! )

GOOD OL' NUMBER 15!!!

Isn't the guy who is sometimes referred to as one of the biggest talent wastes in the history of baseball?

I know he lead the league in HR a couple years, though. People were trying to put him in the Mays/Aaron bracket in the beginning. I don't know if you can call him a talent waste just because he couldn't live up to those lofty standards. He was another one of those great players who is not quite good enough to make the hall of fame, but will be remembered long after they're gone (Ron Santo, Albert Belle, Harold Baines, etc). Although Belle was good enough. It's a damn shame about that hip.