Rubber time

Heads22

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's hope that CY-Lo appears on the mound tomorrow and mows down that Cub lineup. It would, of course, be nice for our offense to produce as well! How about an all-out lynch-mobbing attack by our pitching AND offense.

To winning another series from the Cubs...:headbang

We need this win for us and The Cardinals.  If we win and the Cards take out the Brewers the Slubs will be 5 gms out  :headbang

We need Minnesota to lose to the Brewers and the Cardinals to take out the Royals... :lol:

How about the "Brew Crew" though!!! Major help from that team.

The key to this game may well be Eric Cooper. He ump'd 1B yesterday so should be behind the plate unless MLB changes the crew. I looked up his strikes called percentage using the link recently posted by The Cheat and Cooper is slightly below average, MLB 61.9% Cooper 61.7%.

This bodes well, as Maddux is most effective when he 'trains' the umpire to call strikes on pitches that are outside. Loaiza, on the other hand, does well with an honest zone.

Any pitcher is susceptible to getting lit up when squeezed but I think Loaiza is better equipped to adjust to an ump than Maddux.

Sox Lineup:

2B Harris

CF Rowand

DH Thomas

LF Lee

SS Valentin

1B Konerko

RF Perez

3B Crede

C Olivo

P Loaiza

Didn't hear the Cubs lineup, though I did hear that Walker is starting at 2B today and Bako is catching Maddux.