The season is official over....

AngelasDaddy0427

Ozzie is claiming Garcia is his best friend and I suspect KW is rather sure Garcia will sign with us and that is why the deal was done

this thread is getting out of control so it chills down now or I'll close it - without blaming anyone, we chill in some of the taunts or the threads shuts and if it keeps up, make my day, I feel all mighty after seeing the Sox win their 4th straight series from the cubs :headbang :headbang :headbang

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love to see WHERE THE f*** all the people who are certain Freddy Garcia won't resign and his ERA will skyrocker to way over 5 are getting their goddamned information.

For f***'s sake, the man has yet to take one pitch in a Sox uni. Give him a goddamned chance before you rip into the trade.

And lemme guess, if he pitches fantastically, you'll let me make a thread for you, Jeckle, like you did to Aboz demanding that you eat crow for being incorrect, right?

I'd love to see WHERE THE f*** all the people who are certain Freddy Garcia won't resign and his ERA will skyrocker to way over 5 are getting their goddamned information.

For f***'s sake, the man has yet to take one pitch in a Sox uni.  Give him a goddamned chance before you rip into the trade. 

And lemme guess, if he pitches fantastically, you'll let me make a thread for you, Jeckle, like you did to Aboz demanding that you eat crow for being incorrect, right?

:headbang

f*** Reed I don't care about Reed. But damn Olivo??? HUH

I'm really pissed and f***ed up right now so maybe i souldn't be talking about it

So when Reed becomes a sox killer, I want you to take a crow and shove it. :stick

BTW, SuperSteve=Big Cabeza :lol:

So when Reed becomes a sox killer, I want you to take a crow and shove it. :stick

BTW, SuperSteve=Big Cabeza :lol:

If Reed ever becomes a better than average player then I will eat crow. I promise you that. I see Borchard becoming a better player than Reed with a lot more tools. Borchard brings a lot more to the table. However, if I am wrong I will eat crow and you can call me on it. I would have no problem with that what so ever.

I'm going to miss Miguel's "Mighty Right Arm" and I'm curious to see how Reed pans out for Seattle, but I'm really looking forward to a rotation of:

Buerhle

Garcia

Loaiza

Garland

Scho/Diaz/Rauch

If KW can somehow still pull off the Ortiz deal then it ONLY gets better! Throw Russ into any spot, 2 to 5, and throw the 3-headed 5th starter into the bullpen, which suddenly becomes pretty deep. It's a nice nice thing.

And I'm going to assume that someone in the organization had to have some kind of talks with one of Freddy's people to get a decent feel for what it'll take to re-sign him long-term, and they must feel like they have a legit shot at doing a deal with him.

I'm thinking Sweeney or Anderson can still do what Reed has the potential to do, and maybe Borchard can salvage his "top prospect" status now that Reed is out of the picture, too.

Lets all cool down on the swearing fellas. I realize some are upset, but theri has been some really harsh swearing. We all know i'm not one to complain about stuff like that...but "Will somebody please think of the children" (Simpsons Quote).

Anyway, just want to make sure cooler heads prevail :)

I have taught my grandson the no taunt rule -

sometimes we win sometimes we lose sometimes we are right sometimes we are wrong

so never taunt

waving crows or whatever at each other is silly and dumb because sometimes we win sometimes we lose sometimes we are right sometimes we are wrong

so never taunt

Lets all cool down on the swearing fellas.  I realize some are upset, but theri has been some really harsh swearing.  We all know i'm not one to complain about stuff like that...but "Will somebody please think of the children" (Simpsons Quote).

Anyway, just want to make sure cooler heads prevail :)

sorry bout that, letting the horrible dread of having to go to work get to me. Sorry Josh!

I have taught my grandson the no taunt rule -

sometimes we win sometimes we lose sometimes we are right sometimes we are wrong

so never taunt

waving crows or whatever at each other is silly and dumb because sometimes we win sometimes we lose sometimes we are right sometimes we are wrong

so never taunt

I'm only taunting myself... because I said something and they proved me wrong.

But, the crow will be back... let's just hope it's not next week. I'll eat some more if the Sox win 2-3 next weekend too!!

:headbang

CWS starter's ERA 5.04 (24th in the ML). +

Freddy Garcia's ERA 3.20 (home 2.61, away 3.91).

Now what part of this equation do you not understand is worth giving up Olivo, Reed, & Morse?

Why did the SOX pay more than the NYY? Because they needed Garcia more.

I'm only taunting myself... because I said something and they proved me wrong. 

oh damn if I comment on allthe things he is wrong on... well, not enough time for that... so lets see, what do I say...

ok, if you want to taunt yourself, go ahead - self taunting can be fun and reduces the need for a bondage S&M partner... :ph34r: ;) :lol: :headbang :headbang :stick :whip :banghead :snr

I'm going to miss Miguel's "Mighty Right Arm" and I'm curious to see how Reed pans out for Seattle, but I'm really looking forward to a rotation of:

Buerhle

Garcia

Loaiza

Garland

Scho/Diaz/Rauch

If KW can somehow still pull off the Ortiz deal then it ONLY gets better! Throw Russ into any spot, 2 to 5, and throw the 3-headed 5th starter into the bullpen, which suddenly becomes pretty deep. It's a nice nice thing.

And I'm going to assume that someone in the organization had to have some kind of talks with one of Freddy's people to get a decent feel for what it'll take to re-sign him long-term, and they must feel like they have a legit shot at doing a deal with him.

I'm thinking Sweeney or Anderson can still do what Reed has the potential to do, and maybe Borchard can salvage his "top prospect" status now that Reed is out of the picture, too.

I am beyond pissed about Olivo....

but at the same time beyond psyched about being a Gload away from a Kub sweep and about finally getting Garcia so I don't have to type "Glavine/Garcia" anymore.

I totally disagree about Ortiz; f*** him. Sox already (knock-knock-knock on finest wood) have enough to win the division once Maggs comes back. Now we're talking about World Series, which is a COMPLETELY different ball-game, literally. How about going after Randy Johnson before July 31st deadline? He makes 15 Mill? That's a lot, but with 2+ months to go it's only 5-6 Mill. AL hitters have forgot how to hit him.

Unit

Garcia

Buerhle

Loaiza

has a great ring to it. As long as he passes the physical (his knee mostly) why the hell not - we ARE "going for it", aren't we? Might as well increase our chances, right? Should Reed's and Olivo's legacies go in vain?

Since he is also due 15 Mill in 2005 when he'll be 41+, I don't believe Arizona will be asking for our best prospects - not all of them anyway. :lol:

And if Sox fail to win the Series (which, with Yankees and Red Sox is very easy to do), then it's ok because this team will be so electric in the 2nd half of the season that it will make a pretty good profit for JR to say nothing of season-ticket increases going into 2005 that that "extra" 8-10 Mill JR is spending on Garcia and Unit in the 2nd half will be partly earned back - and you CANNOT MEASURE THE GOODWILL that will come form it going into 2005 and hopefully 2006 and beyond. That's how franchises get turned around and dynasties are built, one giant step at a time :headbang

[/knows it's implausible but secretly holds out hope]

What the f*** was he thinking.

It's bad enough you give away one of the best young catching talents in baseball but to f***ing give it up for a fly ball pitcher who can't keep the ball down who's era would inevitably sky rocket to over 5 in a few starts really pisses me off.

I thought we were finally going to win it all this year and now all I can see is finishing behind Detriot.

This doesn't help us it kills us and now the Mariners have a shot to take it all.

This is so awful.... :crying

After reading this post, I honestly looked to where it says group in his profile and really expected to see "banned".

I was disappointed in what I saw.

After reading this post, I honestly looked to where it says group in his profile and really expected to see "banned".   

I was disappointed in what I saw.

I'm not going to defend no one here but it really sucks that no one can give there opinion without being blasted. What i've noticed is tat if you on't agree wit soemone than you want them banned and that sucks

I am beyond pissed about Olivo....

but at the same time beyond psyched about being a Gload away from a Kub sweep and about finally getting Garcia so I don't have to type "Glavine/Garcia" anymore. 

I totally disagree about Ortiz; f*** him.    Sox already (knock-knock-knock on finest wood) have enough to win the division once Maggs comes back.    Now we're talking about World Series, which is a COMPLETELY different ball-game, literally.    How about going after Randy Johnson before July 31st deadline? He makes 15 Mill? That's a lot, but with 2+ months to go it's only 5-6 Mill. AL hitters have forgot how to hit him.     

Unit

Garcia

Buerhle

Loaiza

has a great ring to it.  As long as he passes the physical (his knee mostly) why the hell not - we're ARE "going for it", aren't we?  Might as well increase our chances, right? Should Reed's and Olivo's legacies go in vain?

Since he is also due 15 Mill in 2005 when he'll be 41+, I don't believe Arizona will be asking for our best prospects - not all of them anyway.

And if Sox fail to win the Series (which, with Yankees and Red Sox is very easy to do), then it's ok because this team will be so electric in the 2nd half of the season that it will make a pretty good profit for JR to say nothing of season-ticket increases going into 2005 that that "extra" 8-10 Mill JR is spending on Garcia and Unit in the 2nd half will be partly earned back - and you CANNOT MEASURE THE GOODWILL that will come form it going into 2005 and hopefully 2006 and beyond. That's how franchises get turned around and dynasties are built, one giant step at a time :headbang   

[/knows it's implausible but secretly holds out hope]

Wierd. Before the cubs series you kept on blabbering about how the cubs rotation was going to hold us down and how we were going to get killed. What happened? How could we possibly take 2 out of 3 from a team like the cubs? How can we possibly beat that starting rotation?