The season is official over....

AngelasDaddy0427

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been avaoiding posting on this subject due to the extreme negativity surrounding this...

But here I go...

HOO-f***ING-RAY!!! for Kenny!!!

WE ALL wanted a front line pitcher!

WE ALL said do what you need to do Kenny so Garcia doesn't go to NY or Boston.

Kenny gets him and Everyone b****es and Overeacts!

:puke

I would rather have  a #1 or #2 pitcher than a developing catcher hitting 9th.

I love Big Mo, but PEOPLE look at the big picture.

There are other deals to be made. Kenny will get us another young, talented catcher. Reed is good, but we are stocked at Outfielders in the minors.

Remember we got Olivo for Bradford...

Garcia wasn't coming to us for nothing. Jeez..

There you go making sense.

as much as i hate to say this, but some of what jeckle have said is true. we gave up a lot in getting fg. as good as some thinks he is, imo he is not worth giving up this much to get him. the biggest concerns is we traded for a rent a player. (boras)

now what i see as positive is we got ourself a bonafide starter to help out, with shwo being hurt and all.

i wonder if kw waited too long to pull a trigger which forced him to trade without any leverage?

RJ has a ring, and a nice cushy house less than 15 minutes from where he works, and more money than the entire Sox roster combined. Why on earth would he want to come here and babysit this team.  :huh

Also, FG's agent is Boras.. unless the Sox are willing to spend mucho dinero... and commit to several years... both things the Sox don't do...  :unsure:

Friendship is nice.. but $$ and security is nicer.

No, Garcia's agent isn't Boras, it's another guy, it was in the paper today. I'll have to look it up but it's not Boras.

here is another thought........................... we have NO CATCHER OR CATCHER PROSPECTS..............

has anybody thought of that??

granted, mo was gone anyway, b/c he was in the picture from the very beginning. but davis?

here is another thought........................... we have NO CATCHER OR CATCHER PROSPECTS..............

granted, mo was gone anyway, b/c he was in the picture from the very beginning. but davis?

Yea.. but what's the point of talking about it..? You'll just get told to STFU and stop being so negative.. :rolleyes:

It was last year so I assumed it still was.

I just looked it up ... Chris DeLuca's column in the Sun-Times ... the agent is Peter Greenburg.

I've never heard of Greenburg, but then again I don't keep track of agents much.

Yes, we are thin on catching prospects no doubt.

Actually, probably all 30 teams are thin in catching prospects.

We have a few guys with good glove/no stick ... Stewart, Rosa, Molina, etc. and now Donald Lucy is in the system.

But KW traded for Olivo, so I'm sure he knows he'll have to find another guy at some point. Alomar can't go on forever and Burke is a fringe guy. Davis, to me, is the perfect back up catcher.

IMO, the optimistic line of thought is that at least Davis/Alomar/Burke buys you time to try to obtain new catching possibilities.

The negative line of thought?

..........HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

I just looked it up ... Chris DeLuca's column in the Sun-Times ... the agent is Peter Greenburg.

I've never heard of Greenburg, but then again I don't keep track of agents much.

Scott's protege... not much better. Hopefully he's not as big of an ass as Boras is.

I'd love to see WHERE THE f*** all the people who are certain Freddy Garcia won't resign and his ERA will skyrocker to way over 5 are getting their goddamned information.

For f***'s sake, the man has yet to take one pitch in a Sox uni.  Give him a goddamned chance before you rip into the trade. 

And lemme guess, if he pitches fantastically, you'll let me make a thread for you, Jeckle, like you did to Aboz demanding that you eat crow for being incorrect, right?

That is a great idea and I would like nothing better...

Like I said before I hope i'm wrong I really do...

I wish Arn was his agent. He's the best IMO.

There's some pretty good "smaller" agents out there too. I've learned waaaaaaaaaay more about sports agents then I ever wanted to know, in dealing with my business.

But it's fascinating, I must admit. There is so much to the business side of sports it's unreal.