Question for those upset with the deal

Chisoxfn

I have to disagree with you on it would be better seeing Konerko traded over Olivo.  Even with PK's contact.  He's having a great comeback year.  And has at times carried us this season.

Not saying I would have personally preferred it.

Just answering the question of how it might have made sense to trade PK instead.

My point being that we have a slightly deeper talent pool at 1B than at C.

I am VERY happy that Paulie is crushing like he is, and that he's doing it for the Sox and NOT the Dodgers, like we heard all winter that he would be.

when i fist saw MO's name on the trade completed thead, i honestly felt like a family member died.

but as you all can see, i understand why KW and the sox org. had to do it... and im on their side... it honestly took a few hours at the beach and some time to myself to get myself to see it this way and push down my feelings for what happened with MO... but i get it

MO is a badass, will be an even better bad ass, and will be an allstar for a lot of years to come

great for him, great for his new team(s), and we got someone who could win us another 10 - 15 games

:bringit

lol.. Damn dude. It's not that serious.

I'm pissed about losing,  Olivo.  But lets be honest.  He's replaceable.  As long as we're able to sign Garcia to an extension i'm pleased with the deal.  And no.  I'm glad we still have,  Konerko.  He's tearin the cover off the ball right now and I don't see any reason "other than health" that it won't continue.

That basically sums up my feelings about all this. People like Jeckle, who are constantly saying "The season is over, the season is over!!" I have news for you, it sounds a lot like "The sky is falling, the sky is falling" after a while nobody listens to you or cares what you have to say about much of anything.

another M's fans comments about davis

"Ben Davis is a funny story. A few years back when we made the trade for him he was a hot prospect already playing in the bigs, similar to Olivo. But the crazy thing is, somehow he seemed to get worse each season. Potentially he could still amount to a very good catcher, with the ability to be an all-star at some point in his career, given an opportunity to start 75-85% of the time."

Plus count me as someone in the camp that thinks Garland is pretty damn good.  He seems to have the luck Buehrle had most of last year, so I'm kind of predicting that he will have a Buehrle like 2nd half this year.

I expect and we will see big things from Jon G in the second half of the season, imo. 

Oh ya, anyone know if Scho's injury could potentially be more serious then we think. I still think he could turn into a weak spot in the rotation.  He won't be as bad as what the Sox had in the 5 slot, but he still isn't what I want if the race is close.  Getting Russ Ortiz or another good pitcher, would make the Sox chacnes that much better to make the playoffs and remember, they can't win the series without first winning the division or the wild card. :)

Garland still doesn't have the maturity to 1)Keep focused after the offense gives him a lead, or 2) Pitch over defensive mistakes.

It seems like every time the offense gives him a few runs, he consistently turns around the next inning and gives them right back. And when he gets a few bad breaks, he falls apart and doesn't seem able to recover. Hopefully, it's just the exceptions that are sticking in my head, and that I'm wrong on both accounts, but there is no way I trust Garland in a playoff game at this point.

Would you rather of acquired Freddy Garcia for Paul Konerko (supposedly that along with a prospect would of gotten the Sox Freddy Garcia at the beginning of the season) or given up Olivo and Reed while keeping Konerko.  The same Konerko who has an OBP above .360, 19 HR's and over 50 RBI before the all star break? 

Just throwing it out there, for all I know you may still of rather kept Miguel, personally I love the way Paulie is playing. He is drawing a ton more walks and really is hitting for power and more surprisingly, he seems to be hitting for power to the opposite field, something he has never done until this season.

Very interesting thought. Me personally, I would have rather traded Konerko, just for the simple fact that we would still have that extra $8 million to spend. We could have been aquiring an Eddie Guardado from the M's to finish out our pen, instead of just now getting our 5th starting pitcher, and still needing another quality pen arm.

Just don't understand how everyone begs for a trade, and not it occurs and they b****.

Easy. Good GMs win all trades.

We didn't win this one if FG leaves.

We don't sign free agents. We need young guys.

If we trade away all our decent young guys ... see ya in last place after the Yankees

sweep us in the playoffs.