DBAHO

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Daily Southtown,

However, Loaiza thinks the market has been set with Garcia's deal.

"Them signing him is a big break for me," Loaiza said. "Every year, when (Garcia's) contract has been up, my contract's up. I'd let him sign first in the winter, then I'd sign, because it's normally the same range of numbers.

"Now, with my two years of All-Star (invitations), being a 20-game winner last year and hopefully I get 18 (wins) this year, there will probably be more money for me."

Williams didn't seem very eager to get something done with Loaiza.

I can't really blame him. I love Loaiza. He's a great person and he pitches with guts, but right now he just does'nt look right.

I'm also perplexed that Elo seemed to think a few years ago that Garcia somehow had an effect on what he got. Last I looked Garcia was wrapping up the ERA title a few years back and Elo was doing nothing of that (a few years back).

Still, I think Elo will probably get 6 mill a year. I don't know if its in the Sox best interest to pay. However, if they lose Elo and Maggs as well as potenially Jose (I think he will stay and eventually retire a White Sox and join the coaching staff) then they will definately have some money to throw around to say the least. Hopefully they don't throw it around, but rather spend it wisely.

Because of this scenario, I think there is a good shot you see the Sox very active at the deadline for some players with a few years left on their contract. I don't think the Sox like going to FA looking to sign because they are battling with other teams and the prices can really be driven up.

Loaiza really thinks a 31 year old starter that has had exactly 1 1/2 good years is equal to a 27 year old that had a monster season in 2000 or 2001, and was serviceable after that (can't remember which, he was great in one of them) and has been great this year? He gawn! Bring on Pavano or Perez!

I wonder if Esteban is color blind when looking at the pictures from Soxfest.

He signed the one in the orange shirt for me... he was like "what was I thinking...??" I gave him directions to Sacks ;)

I love the way some people rip on our current players.

The guy is an all star and has been awesome for the Sox but many don't think

he deserves money.

If Garland would have given up the homer last night instead of Freddie, he'd

have been crucified for pissing in his pants like "Judy" in a crucial at bat.

He gave up four earned runs yet Freddie is Sandy Koufax and ELo is no good.

I laugh at this mentality.

I love the way some people rip on our current players.

The guy is an all star and has been awesome for the Sox but many don't think

he deserves money.

If Garland would have given up the homer last night instead of Freddie, he'd

have been crucified for pissing in his pants like "Judy" in a crucial at bat.

He gave up four earned runs yet Freddie is Sandy Koufax and ELo is no good.

I laugh at this mentality.

Loaiza does that every start, Garcia doesn't. In case you haven't noticed, despite his last two starts his ERA for the year is still almost a full point lower than Esteban's, and he is 4 years younger.

Sure, sure, every start.

ELo sucks. That's why he's an all-star.

The baseball world must think he really sucks picking him for that team.

Freddie gave up four earned runs.

We lost.

He's 1-1 with the Sox.

But Freddie's a god ... for now, til people get used to him.

E Lo is an all star over Freddie and all he gets from many is hate.

Amazing.

No one hates him, but he doesn't deserve Garcia money.

He is older, has had only one good season (this year is a toss up so far), while Garcia has been pretty good his whole career and is much younger.

And besides, we can't afford to give him Garcia money and he knows that.

Freddy isn't an All-star because he is 4-7, while Loaiza is 8-4, which is totally a factor of run support. And at the time of the voting, Loaiza's ERA was more like 4.15, instead of his current ERA that is roughly 4.40, although both are still much higher than Garcia. He's sucked for his last few starts. A look at the games against the Cubs shows that he is having trouble getting guys out, while in both of Garcia's outings he was one bad pitch from being stellar. Since when does a guy with an ERA around 4.40 deserve 9 mil a year?

I simply can't understand why a guy who has made the all star team and has

won eight of 12 games is not beloved.

So what if he's gotten good run support.

He's an all star pitcher as deemed by baseball.

I want E Lo on my team.

I was not on here ripping Garland. I can't speak for others. I think Garland has been doing okay recently. Just winning for a pitcher doesn't mean that they are doing that well. By that logic, Ortiz was the best pitcher in baseball last year, which is far from the truth. If you put Garcia on this team from the beginning of the year, he's fighting for the league lead in wins based on his ERA. Loaiza was great last year and deserved to be an All-star, but this year is a fluke in the player vote. Do you really think Giambi deserves to be an All-Star, much less the starter? Who makes up some team that is half based on what the fans want to see and half based on votes from players that don't get to watch other games is not a criterion for judging who is the better player. By that judgement Beltran is a scrub because he just made his first this year.

All White Sox players should be beloved. They should be cheered mightily whether they hit a game winning home run or strike out with the bases loaded. They are above reproach, and should never be questioned. They should be put on a pedestal because you can't do what they do.

If you do not act in this manner than you are not a fan. If you do, you are a ripper of players and a douche bag. If you bring up anything negative after a White Sox winner you are a b****er and moaner and you should STFU!

We should discontinue this message board and appoint someone to make a happy post of the day. Then we could all come here and read it and think happy little White Sox thoughts. It would save us all so much time and it would end the anguish and wringing of hands over all of the horrible negativity here.

I hope that my capitalization and punctuation portray my seriousness and the respect I should be given.

All White Sox players should be beloved. They should be cheered mightily whether they hit a game winning home run or strike out with the bases loaded. They are above reproach, and should never be questioned. They should be put on a pedestal because you can't do what they do.

If you do not act in this manner than you are not a fan. If you do, you are a ripper of players and a douche bag. If you bring up anything negative after a White Sox winner you are a b****er and moaner and you should STFU!

We should discontinue this message board and appoint someone to make a happy post of the day. Then we could all come here and read it and think happy little White Sox thoughts. It would save us all so much time and it would end the anguish and wringing of hands over all of the horrible negativity here.

I hope that my capitalization and punctuation portray my seriousness and the respect I should be given.

Wow... I have never seen so much sarcasm in my entire life :o

--Where did that come from? I'm trying to figure out why ELo is taken for granted as is

Maggs.

Everybody wants to love the next big thing or the next new guy.

E-Lo is an all star. He's one of the top 10 or so pitchers in the league, but he's taken

for granted because he's been here a while.

Guys that deserve to be ripped rite now: Harris, Uribe, Crede, Gload, KW, Jackson, Pollitte.

Guys that deserve some love even after a bad game: Paulie, Frank, Maggs, CLee.

From the Daily Southtown,

However, Loaiza thinks the market has been set with Garcia's deal.

"Them signing him is a big break for me," Loaiza said. "Every year, when (Garcia's) contract has been up, my contract's up. I'd let him sign first in the winter, then I'd sign, because it's normally the same range of numbers.

"Now, with my two years of All-Star (invitations), being a 20-game winner last year and hopefully I get 18 (wins) this year, there will probably be more money for me."

Williams didn't seem very eager to get something done with Loaiza.

I'm not so concerned about signing Esteban. I'm looking at our young guys to step up to the plate at the major leagues. That is, and only is if he wants a big back loaded contract.

i think people were just reacting to his comments comparing himself to freddy.

freddy has put some solid seasons together. esteban has had one great season. in 2003 esteban's season was probably top five by a sox pitcher in the last 10 to 20 years maybe more. he gets mucho credit for that. but it's just one season, and when he says that in the past he is glad that freddy signs before he does because they are comparable, someone is going to call that bs.

He's one of the top 10 or so pitchers in the league, but he's taken for granted because he's been here a while.

Are you kidding me?

In the AL alone, these guys are flat out better than Loaiza, regardless of the season they are having this year:

Mulder, Pedro, Schilling, Vazquez, Mussina, Sabathia, Hudson, Zito, Santana, Halladay

Throw in NL pitchers and he's not one of the 25 best starters in baseball IMO.

You can even argue that Buehrle and Garcia are better than Loaiza.

Guys that deserve to be ripped rite now: Harris, Uribe, Crede, Gload, KW, Jackson, Pollitte.

Guys that deserve some love even after a bad game: Paulie, Frank, Maggs, CLee.

ya know, i don't have a favorite sox player. when a player plays well i cheer. when they mess up i boo. very simple. i have my own opinions on who i think will do well and who will continue to stink it up. i have no idea why greg walker hasn't totally revamped willie and crede's swings. can greg walker work with a non-power hitter? why are our pitchers always getting killed when they throw a change-up? is coop to blame? who is calling the pitches? i don't know the answers but i'll be watching the game tonite hoping for everyone to play well and for the sox to win.

this is what i do know, i cheer and boo thier actions, not the players themselves. so when i curse crede in the privacy of my own home when he tries to pull everything with his uppercut swing i'm criticising the action, not the person.

ya know, i don't have a favorite sox player. when a player plays well i cheer. when they mess up i boo. very simple. i have my own opinions on who i think will do well and who will continue to stink it up. i have no idea why greg walker hasn't totally revamped willie and crede's swings.  can greg walker work with a          non-power hitter? why are our pitchers always getting killed when they throw a change-up? is coop to blame? who is calling the pitches? i don't know the answers but i'll be watching the game tonite hoping for everyone to play well and for the sox to win.

this is what i do know, i cheer and boo thier actions, not the players themselves. so when i curse crede in the privacy of my own home when he tries to pull everything with his uppercut swing i'm criticising the action, not the person.

Good post marsh and very well said...