Torii go bye bye

Palehosefan

Adding your .02 is fine by me, I think it's great when you do.

I'm not really worried though about being "better", could really care less actually.

Mods should lock it ... and watch ozzietheairhead pull the same s*** in another thread.

Just my .02

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adding your .02 is fine by me, I think it's great when you do.

I'm not really worried though about being "better", could really care less actually.

Mods should lock it ... and watch ozzietheairhead pull the same s*** in another thread.

Just my .02

Temper, temper little boy.

Want to throw a ball at me? It'll make you feel better.

Than I'll just outhit, outfield, outrun and outthink you just like the Twins did the Sox.

Temper, temper little boy.

Want to throw a ball at me?  It'll make you feel better.

Than I'll just outhit, outfield, outrun and outthink you just like the Twins did the Sox.

You'll never even come close to outthinking me airhead.

Stick to Little League.

That's just about your speed.

Hey, where's the quote from Jamie Burke? You know, the one where he "congratulated" Hunter on his play?

See if you can think about that.

Thought so.

You'll never even come close to outthinking me airhead.

Stick to Little League.

That's just about your speed.

Hey, where's the quote from Jamie Burke?  You know, the one where he "congratulated" Hunter on his play?

See if you can think about that.

Thought so.

I know he plays hard and I don't think he'd ever cheap shot me," Burke said. "I have nothing bad to say. He plays hard, and I respect the way he plays the game."

Sounds like congratulations to me.

I know he plays hard and I don't think he'd ever cheap shot me," Burke said. "I have nothing bad to say. He plays hard, and I respect the way he plays the game."

Sounds like congratulations to me.

Where does that say "congratualtions" or "I congratulate him on that play"?

Thought so.

You apparantly like to read what people say, apply your own value judgement to suit your point of view, massage the words, and voila! ... you're always right!

Must be a really super cool planet you live on.

Where does that say "congratualtions" or "I congratulate him on that play"?

Thought so.

You apparantly like to read what people say, apply your own value judgement to suit your point of view, massage the words, and voila! ... you're always right!

Must be a really super cool planet you live on.

Look -

Here's the definition of the word congratulate:

con·grat·u·late ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kn-grch-lt, -grj-, kng-)

tr.v. con·grat·u··lat·ed, con·grat·u··lat·ing, con·grat·u··lates

To express joy or acknowledgment, as for the achievement or good fortune of (another).

To express acknowledgement for the achievement of another = "I respect the way he plays the game".

Look -

Here's the definition of the word congratulate:

con·grat·u·late    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (kn-grch-lt, -grj-, kng-)

tr.v. con·grat·u··lat·ed, con·grat·u··lat·ing, con·grat·u··lates

To express joy or acknowledgment, as for the achievement or good fortune of (another).

To express acknowledgement for the achievement of another = "I respect the way he plays the game".

Again, maybe in YOUR world, you can make all those assumptions.

I did not hear or see Burke congratulate Hunter on that play, Mr. Wall.

He did not say, "hey, it was a good play, I congratulate him on it".

Did he?

Thought so.

Did he congratulate him, or are you just making the assumption that's what he meant?

Thought so.

Regarding whether or not it was a cheap hit by Hunter, I think David Justice expressed a viewpoint that has not been mentioned here. He refered to a play where Joe Girardi suckered him by making him think the plate was open, then slid his leg in at the last second to block it. Burke was standing in front of the plate receiving the ball, Hunter saw this and reacted, and did so in a split second. Burke could have tried to pull the same thing on Hunter that Girardi did on Justice. Hunter eliminated that possibility. I do not think it was a cheap shot in any way, shape or form. It was hardnosed, do whatever it takes, baseball. The type of baseball the White Sox better start playing if they want to beat these SOB's.

Regarding whether or not it was a cheap hit by Hunter, I think David Justice expressed a viewpoint that has not been mentioned here.  He refered to a play where Joe Girardi suckered him by making him think the plate was open, then slid his leg in at the last second to block it.  Burke was standing in front of the plate receiving the ball, Hunter saw this and reacted, and did so in a split second.  Burke could have tried to pull the same thing on Hunter that Girardi did on Justice.  Hunter eliminated that possibility.  I do not think it was a cheap shot in any way, shape or form.  It was hardnosed, do whatever it takes, baseball.  The type of baseball the White Sox better start playing if they want to beat these SOB's.

:notworthy Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'll add this thought, though.  Torii Hunter should have been rubbing his ribs on his way to first base in his next at bat.  That also is hardnosed baseball.

:notworthy Couldn't have said it better myself.

Regarding whether or not it was a cheap hit by Hunter, I think David Justice expressed a viewpoint that has not been mentioned here.  He refered to a play where Joe Girardi suckered him by making him think the plate was open, then slid his leg in at the last second to block it.  Burke was standing in front of the plate receiving the ball, Hunter saw this and reacted, and did so in a split second.  Burke could have tried to pull the same thing on Hunter that Girardi did on Justice.  Hunter eliminated that possibility.  I do not think it was a cheap shot in any way, shape or form.  It was hardnosed, do whatever it takes, baseball.  The type of baseball the White Sox better start playing if they want to beat these SOB's.

It was a CHEAP SHOT!! Plain and simple. Hunter tags up on a pop up that distance and beats the play 99-100 times. He can see he was beating it this time too. I'm sorry I don't see why some insist on defending him. Maybe it's hard for you to visualize a player wanting to just label someone, but thats what it is. The play had nothing to do with him scoring a run.

I can't even visualize what Justice is saying Girardi did. How do you just stick a leg out? I have seen a million plays at the plate. I have never seen a catcher stick his leg out. Cathers are normally standing up kinda crouched down waiting to receive the ball. Stand in that postion and try just lifting a leg up to block someone...If anything you'll get your leg torn off. Not to mention if Girardi was close enought to do somethin liek that then he wasn't giving Justice the plate. Burke was GIVING the runner the plate...he was in front and closer to the first base side of the plate....

Hunter ran past the plate to hit Burke and then got up turned around and stepped on the plate.

Cheap shot...

Wow, it wasn't a cheap shot, everyone should get over it.

The Justice thing makes perfect sense to me, as well

Whether it was a cheap shot or not doesn't matter. He put a hurting on one of the Sox players. The message that this will not be tolerated needs to be sent. The best way is a fastball to Hunter's earhole on his helmet.

My only say on this:

We got swept as part of it all. The Sox should have retaliated in some way, but they didn't do anything but say that they respected what Hunter did, and how the Twins play. This, while not taking wind out of our sails, surely gave the Twins a little more energy. Then when the fans, media, our broadcasters, EVERYBODY is talking about it, and the Sox keep saying "hey, they play hard baseball, that is what we SHOULD be doing" and statements of the such, you are giving the Twins all that much more fuel. We were hurt going into this series by losing our two best hitters, then we get nailed in the first game, and we do NOTHING but congratulate the other team for impressive play. How do you possibly think that this will work to our advantage? It gave them the momentum swing, so it didn't matter if we started saying "best way for erevenge is to beat them", because we just showed them that we "respect" the way that they come here to kick our ass and succeed in doing so.

I knew we would be swept the second Ozzie said he respected Torri. It fired that f***ing team up. Torri was even gracious enough to point out to the media that our own manager approved of his play.

I knew we would be swept the second Ozzie said he respected Torri. It fired that f***ing team up. Torri was even gracious enough to point out to the media that our own manager approved of his play.

And it also shows the lack of heart on this team right now.

I'm not saying forever, or even next week. But this week, this team has no heart.

It was a CHEAP SHOT!!  Plain and simple.  Hunter tags up on a pop up that distance and beats the play 99-100 times.  He can see he was beating it this time too.  I'm sorry I don't see why some insist on defending him.  Maybe it's hard for you to visualize a player wanting to just label someone, but thats what it is.  The play had nothing to do with him scoring a run. 

I can't even visualize what Justice is saying Girardi did.  How do you just stick a leg out?  I have seen a million plays at the plate.  I have never seen a catcher stick his leg out.  Cathers are normally standing up kinda crouched down waiting to receive the ball.  Stand in that postion and try just lifting a leg up to block someone...If anything you'll get your leg torn off.  Not to mention if Girardi was close enought to do somethin liek that then he wasn't giving Justice the plate.  Burke was GIVING the runner the plate...he was in front and closer to the first base side of the plate....

Hunter ran past the plate to hit Burke and then got up turned around and stepped on the plate.

Cheap shot...

Well, Justice can visualize it, because it happened to him. You don't think he made up a story on national TV that he was suckered in, do you?

And one more thing ... IT WAS NOT A CHEAP SHOT.

I couldn't resist. rolleyeyes.gif

Koskie got hit four times, i am sure not all four were on purpose but at least one if not  two.

IMO, none of them were. 3/4 were from pitches that were off speed but didnt do much. Marte's was the only pitch that was a fastball (but he has control problems this year against lefties this year anywayz, just ask Eric Chavez ;)) Koskie is one of the quietest Twins anywayz. He just goes by his business being a stellar glove and a sox killer at times.. :angry: I don't think there's any beef with him.

IMO, none of them were. 3/4 were from pitches that were off speed but didnt do much. Marte's was the only pitch that was a fastball (but he has control problems this year against lefties this year anywayz, just ask Eric Chavez ;)) Koskie is one of the quietest Twins anywayz. He just goes by his business being a stellar glove and a sox killer at times.. :angry: I don't think there's any beef with him.

It just does not seem conceivable that he would get hit four straight times. But i guess you may be right.

It just does not seem conceivable that he would get hit four straight times. But i guess you may be right.

If any of the four would have been intentional, someone would have got tossed somewhere along the line, imho.