Bears Talk

LDF

There are definately some questions. How will the secondary be, especially without Azumah for the early part of the season. Also, how will the receivers look and will the team stay healthy. I like the teams defensive front, especially the potential of it nad the linebacker core is good, once Urlacher is healthy with the potential to be very good.

Our secondary has some good safeties and Grossman is a good looking young qb, however, he will have his problems and I don't know whether he's completely ready to lead a team into the playoffs, but who knows. Thomas Jones has looked really good though. Also, the Bears must clean up their penalty acts.

They definately have some talent though, so this could be a fun season and the team should be get better and better as the season progresses. They do have an awfully difficult schedule though.

I think they can. It is not out of the possibility. Detroit and Minnesota shouldn't be too hard to compete against But Minnesota gots Brock Lesnar Green Bay is the key here. It basically depends on what Favre does. The team rests on his shoulders basically but he is getting old so you never know. Thomas Jones is the perfect RB that the Bears have been searching for. He will run for 1,000 yards IMO. Terrell will get the ball more so he will feel comfortable and could catch around 80+ a year and receive 1,000 yards. I think they are up their.

i don't know why, but i have a nice feelings that the bears are going to do something special and make the playoff or will be in the running.

with grossman and the chance to spread the wealth of the passing, the off will put up some points. on "d" wow, the front line is going to be great and that will trickle down to the rest.

those are my feelings and i hope i am right.

does anyone think the bears will make the playoff?

i do, esp with the last trade.

There is no way the Bears are going to make the playoffs this year...

They have no proven recievers and they have a question mark at RB with a QB who is still learning... remember, he only started 3 games last year

They have to play in a TOUGH division... Green Bay is always tough, Minnesota has improved their defense and they have two players who are near the top at their posistions with Culpepper and Moss...

Detroit is going to surprise some people this year too, you watch..

Da Bears wont make the playoffs this year but things could look good for them in the future, I just dont think its gonna be this year

They have no proven recievers and they have a question mark at RB with a QB who is still learning

They have to play in a TOUGH division

Detroit is going to surprise some people this year too, you watch..

Wouldn't those apply to the Lions as well?

Wouldn't those apply to the Lions as well?

Would you rather have Charles Rogers and Roy Williams or the two Bears starters??

Joey Harrington is about to go into his thrid year as the starter..

Yeah you could make a case for the RB posistion because no one knows how well Kevin Jones is going to do..

but no, I wouldnt say that those apply to the Lions as well

They also added Brock Marion and Fernando Bryant and Damien Woody, three big picks ups for this team.. Im not a big Lions fan, but I think that they might shock some teams...

Would you rather have Charles Rogers and Roy Williams or the two Bears starters??

Yes I would rather have them because one is a rookie and the other is in his 2nd year, and they were both studs in COLLEGE but they have 22 career receptions between them, so they are far from proven which was your knock on the Bears recievers.

Joey Harrington is about to go into his thrid year as the starter..

Yes, with a career QB rating of 62.2...

They also added Brock Marion and Fernando Bryant and Damien Woody, three big picks ups for this team

And the Bears picked up John Tait, Ruben Brown, and Ogunleye, three big pick ups for this team...

Everyone says the Bears have no good wide receivers. But who were the wide receivers on the Patriots? Dave Patten (sp?), Troy Brown, and Deion Branch, IIRC. How did they win?

An efficient offense that didn't turn the ball over much, yet was able to spread the ball out to several different receivers. As I see this Bears team right now, I see about ten different options for Grossman to be able to spread the ball out to (Thomas, Jones, Anderson, Clark, Lyman, Wade, Terrell, Gage, Berrian, Merrit). I also see Grossman as being a very efficient QB, as the only INT he has thrown thusfar in his career was a dropped pass by Marty Booker.

They also had an excellent defense. Our defense has performed very well thusfar, and that's without two Pro-Bowlers that we will add by the beginning of the season, both at positions that will make a HUGE difference. Call Urlacher overrated or whatever, he's still one of the best linebackers in the NFL. And Wale is a top 10 DE. Our secondary is mediocre, but we have at least one solid cornerback, as well as an excellent FS in Mike Brown. You cannot predict what a young and exciting defense like this will do...

I'll have more later...

Everyone says the Bears have no good wide receivers.  But who were the wide receivers on the Patriots?  Dave Patten (sp?), Troy Brown, and Deion Branch, IIRC.  How did they win?

That's a great example of why we can survive with the receivers that we have now. Another example is the Chiefs. Look at their top 3 WR's last year: Johnnie Morton, Eddie Kennison (their leading receiver among WR's), and Donte Hall.

Yes I would rather have them because one is a rookie and the other is in his 2nd year, and they were both studs in COLLEGE but they have 22 career receptions between them, so they are far from proven which was your knock on the Bears recievers.

Yes, with a career QB rating of 62.2...

And the Bears picked up John Tait, Ruben Brown, and Ogunleye, three big pick ups for this team...

Yeah Charles Rogers got hurt and pretty much missed the majority of the Season, but when he played he was good for them...

Roy Williams is going to be STUD

Look at Harringtons numbers, they have improved each year and now he has those two to throw too, so I would expect some big numbers from him this year...

Tait and Brown help big time on the O Line for Chicago but Ogunleye isnt going to get more than 8 sacks this year and you can Print that because he no longer has an all pro DE on the other side drawing double teams..

O Gun is now going to be the man getting double teamed, you are going to see what you really got.. Thats just how I feel

Everyone says the Bears have no good wide receivers. But who were the wide receivers on the Patriots? Dave Patten (sp?), Troy Brown, and Deion Branch, IIRC. How did they win?

First of all, if your trying to say Troy Brown is a no one where have you been the past 3 years?? He missed some of last year due to injury but here are the Pats top three WR

Deion Branch 57 rec. 803 yards and 3 TD's

David Givens 34 rec. 510 yards and 6 TD's

Troy Brown 40 rec. 472 yards and 4 TD's

The pats run an offense that spread the ball around, and all of their WR have been doing a solid job for three years now hence

NE superbowls 2

CHI superbowls 0

That's a great example of why we can survive with the receivers that we have now. Another example is the Chiefs. Look at their top 3 WR's last year: Johnnie Morton, Eddie Kennison (their leading receiver among WR's), and Donte Hall.

Now at KC.. they have one of if not the best offense in the league, and they do have talented players catching the ball for them as well..

Tony Gonzales 71 rec. 916 yards 10 TD's

Eddie Kennison 56 rec. 853 yards 5 TD's

Johnnie Morton 50 rec. 740 yards 4 TD's

Johnnie Morton was a star in detroit, look at his career numers he isnt just some ok WR.. Eddie Kennison was a first round pick IIRC, and Tony Gonzalez is the best TE in the league..

Thinking the Bears have the same type as the Cheifs and Patriots is way off.. Look at the career numbers of what they have on the roster now, its not going to compare with these two teams... Not to mention they have Pro Bowl quarterbacks throwing to them as well..

Im not trying to knock the Bears I like them, but I just dont think they havea shot at the playoffs this year

Which will open up sacks for the rest of the line...

Hey thats cool... Im just saying that he is gonna be the main target now, and with the Chicago paid him he is now expected to be a 15+ sack a year man, which I dont see happening..

I keep looking at it from from 2001. We were 13-3 and 3, and didnt have that good of an O back then. We had Jim Miller and Shane Matthews taking the snaps, with Marcus Robbinson as are big WR. What got the Bears to the post-season was the D. We have a pretty good, young D set right now, and if they play like they should, the Bears could mabye win 9 games, mabye.

Your exactly right, the Bears need to play great defense to have a shot at anything... As they are now their offense is not going to do a good enough job to get it done..

Grossman is going to be really good, I know that.. and I hope that the young wide outs step up, but it needs to be proven first..

The defense is what needs to keep the Bears in it this season, its what made them 13 - 3 a few years ago

Hey thats cool... Im just saying that he is gonna be the main target now, and with the Chicago paid him he is now expected to be a 15+ sack a year man, which I dont see happening..

he is not going to have a 15+ sack year as you mentioned, but his real value will come with the attention he draws from other o line men which will open up more opportunities for other d linemen and linebaxkers like briggs and urlacher

he is not going to have a 15+ sack year as you mentioned, but his real value will come with the attention he draws from other o line men which will open up more opportunities for other d linemen and linebaxkers like briggs and urlacher

Thats what you think.... but im pretty sure they didnt pay him a HUGE ammount of money to be a distraction, they want him to be the man getting the sacks.. And just because he gest double teamed does not assure the other defensive lineman of getting gaudy sack numbers..

Although I cant wait to see Tommy and Tank play, I think those were two very solid and smart picks by the Bears... Harris is a beast

Thats what you think.... but im pretty sure they didnt pay him a HUGE ammount of money to be a distraction, they want him to be the man getting the sacks.. And just because he gest double teamed does not assure the other defensive lineman of getting gaudy sack numbers..

Although I cant wait to see Tommy and Tank play, I think those were two very solid and smart picks by the Bears... Harris is a beast

I'm pretty sure they don't care who gets the sacks, if Ogun distracts the D enabling other to get to the QB who cares?

I'm pretty sure they don't care who gets the sacks, if Ogun distracts the D enabling other to get to the QB who cares?

It makes a HUGE difference to teams that pay top dollar for a player who does not get the stats...

That's a great example of why we can survive with the receivers that we have now.  Another example is the Chiefs.  Look at their top 3 WR's last year: Johnnie Morton, Eddie Kennison (their leading receiver among WR's), and Donte Hall.

Thats what I was saying when the Bears dealt Booker. All I have to look at is the fact that Eddie Kennison was the Chiefs best reciever (well not named Tony G.) and look what their offense accomplished.

Now the Chiefs did have a good vet qb (Green), an amazing back (Priest), and what I would call the best oline in football, but the Bears have a good back in Jones, a good line, and a qb who has the shot to be explosive, plus some decent receivers. Now they are nowhere near where the Chiefs are, but I could say they have the talent.