Everett Trade

fathom

The only reason why I wouldn't say it's a wash for the Sox is the player option that Everett has for next year.  The Sox don't need a 4 million dollar DH w/Frank returning.  As Boston proved a few years ago when signing Ortiz for like 1 million, it's quite easy to find cheap players that could play DH.

This is true.

The only thing scarier to me than Carl rotting on the bench for 4 million bucks is Carl rumbling around right field next year.

I was just referring to this year's aspect of the trade, didn't really consider next year. Though I will say that I don't expect Rauch to be good next year, or ever.

In his two chances this year, Rauch pitched a great game against a terrific hitting team in the Indians.  His other start was poor against the Angels.  However, compared to the pitching performances given by the other 5th starters, that start looks like a quality start.  Not to mention that he had a terrific ERA in the minors this year, and was off to a great start with the Expos.

A great game? He wasn't that good. He couldn't make it out of the sixth, and was bailed out by Cotts (?) after allowing a couple of runners to get on. There was also a ton of amazing defense in that game. Ross Gload threw someone out from RF (I know, hard to believe.) Rauch didn't look that good this year and looked s***ty back in 2002.

Rauch has been so-so then injured for Montreal.

Everett has been so-so for the Sox.

Majewski didn't really ever seem to be spoken about as a serious prospect here.

I'd call the whole thing a wash.

OK, now what about that cash part of the deal that we recieved?

Jerry_Reinsdorf.jpg

"Ooh, my favorite part of the deal."

The only reason why I wouldn't say it's a wash for the Sox is the player option that Everett has for next year.  The Sox don't need a 4 million dollar DH w/Frank returning.  As Boston proved a few years ago when signing Ortiz for like 1 million, it's quite easy to find cheap players that could play DH.

And which rule is it that prevents us from trading Everett?

OK, now what about that cash part of the deal that we recieved?

Jerry_Reinsdorf.jpg

"Ooh, my favorite part of the deal."

Won't that money be spent on Carl's salary next year?

Player option which he's sure to exercise.

( The only exercising he'll do this winter, from the looks of him....ZING!!! )

Still a wash, I think.

Everett has been alright for us. If we were healthy, Everett would be a great bat off the bench, with Maggs in right and Big Frank DH'ing. Hot Carl has been able to hit hit .270 or so for us. If he can hit around there next season, I don't mind having him on our team.

And you guys complaining about losing Rauch and Majewski, would ya just give it a rest already?

Everett has been alright for us.  If we were healthy, Everett would be a great bat off the bench, with Maggs in right and Big Frank DH'ing.  Hot Carl has been able to hit hit .270 or so for us.  If he can hit around there next season, I don't mind having him on our team.

And you guys complaining about losing Rauch and Majewski, would ya just give it a rest already?

if he was healty, kw would never have made the trade.

loosing the prospect for everett not once but twice is hard to swallow.

I wish we would have acquired 2 other guys

besides Everett and Alomar.

Try somebody else.

They've now seen us fade late 2 years

in a row.

Once again... they tried to aquire other guys. At very least they had deals done for Larry Walker and Carlos Delgado, but both exercized their no trade clauses.

I figured we would get Everett for a bag of balls. IMO, we could have gotten a better deal with Rauch than we did.

Once KW ripped him, his trade value pretty much plummeted, imagine what we could hav gotten for him in 2000 though when he was the Minor League pitcher of the year though. :o

Once again... they tried to aquire other guys.  At very least they had deals done for Larry Walker and Carlos Delgado, but both exercized their no trade clauses.

i agree that getting one of those players would have helped. too bad they didn't waive the no trade clause.

btw i wonder who was in the package to get either one of them, bmac?

I figured we would get Everett for a bag of balls. IMO, we could have gotten a better deal with Rauch than we did.

Getting fleeced has been a hallmark of the KW reign of horror. Only recently has he been getting somewhat lucky and he's been doing the fleecing. But that has only been one trade in 3 seasons.

Getting fleeced has been a hallmark of the KW reign of horror. Only recently has he been getting somewhat lucky and he's been doing the fleecing. But that has only been one trade in 3 seasons.

Which trade was the one where he got lucky?

Matt Guerrier to Pittsburgh for Marte and Yan?

Which trade was the one where he got lucky?

Matt Guerrier to Pittsburgh for Marte and Yan?

That trade worked out. I'll give you that one. The recent one that stands out in my mind was ELo for Contreras. But I guess you can argue that that trade may bite us in the long run. But this was the trade that was fresh in my mind.

Unfortunately, the myriad of bad KW deals are as fresh as a few good ones.

That trade worked out. I'll give you that one. The recent one that stands out in my mind was ELo for Contreras. But I guess you can argue that that trade may bite us in the long run. But this was the trade that was fresh in my mind.

How can you say that? Contreras is capable of being an ace if not a very good number 2. For six million i will take that.