Dear Chicago White Sox,

3E8

I know you've been through a disappointing season and won't be playing come October, but please don't let the Minnesota Twins clinch a playoff berth while in Chicago. This means you must produce a home sweep of our division rivals. I'm looking for a positve note to end the 2004 season on, as well as life, energy, and competetiveness from my beloved team. Please don't roll over. End the season series with some pride.

Sincerely,

A Concerned Fan

I hope the Twins do clinch it here...I want to see this team get b****slapped, and then I want to see what they do to respond next year.

If they do nothing...then this team needs to be torn down. If they do respond, and they respond well, it is an entirely different story.

Honest to God, I feel that 2005 is the last year the Sox have to potentially play competitive baseball until around 2008...if they do not win next year, the team will have to be torn apart, and we will be the 2001 Cleveland Indians.

[automated response]:

"Dear Chicago White Sox fan,

Thank you for your interest in White Sox baseball. However, all employees are already on the golf courses or on vacation, so we are unable to care about your email. We will attempt to answer your inquiry next season. Please remember to mail in your season ticket deposit by the deadline of next Monday so it can build up interest over the winter. That may be the only offseason interest the White Sox can generate, so I'm sure you can see the importance of getting your money in to us early.

Thanks again for being a fan of YOUR second-place Chicago White Sox.

Sincerely,

No One In Particular"

nobody has been paying attention for the last four years.

This team is incapable of stopping the Twins from doing anything they want to do. Haven't been for four years.

The Twins will clinch when they want, where they want.

And the Sox will not only take it, they'll like it.

And it won't have any effect at all on next season.

back in 2000 when the sox clinched in the twinkie done they lost to the twins but the indians lost so the sox clinched. and the sox havnt won the divition since. now tonight the twins r here and if they clinch the circle will be complete and the twins raign of terror will be over. ill have more to add on this later

back in 2000 when the sox clinched in the twinkie done they lost to the twins but the indians lost so the sox clinched. and the sox havnt won the divition since. now tonight the twins r here and if they clinch the circle will be complete and the twins raign of terror will be over. ill have more to add on this later

What is a "raign" of terror? :lol:

I hope the Twins do clinch it here...I want to see this team get b****slapped, and then I want to see what they do to respond next year. 

If they do nothing...then this team needs to be torn down.  If they do respond, and they respond well, it is an entirely different story.

Honest to God, I feel that 2005 is the last year the Sox have to potentially play competitive baseball until around 2008...if they do not win next year, the team will have to be torn apart, and we will be the 2001 Cleveland Indians.

We have been b****slapped every season since 2000....

Im done with giving them another chance, they are perennial losers....blow it up now or settle for mediocrity for the next few years

When the Indians were torn apart, part of it was because of Free Agency (Manny R) and they also had a bunch of promising young players. Have you checked out the Charlotte roster lately? Our most promising major league ready player was traded, and best four prospects are at LEAST one full year away, so next year looks bleak.

When the Indians were torn apart, part of it was because of Free Agency  (Manny R) and they also had a bunch of promising young players.  Have you checked out the Charlotte roster lately?  Our most promising major league ready player was traded, and best four prospects are at LEAST one full year away, so next year looks bleak.

I am positive that the Indians got Travis Hafner in a trade, they got Ben Broussard in a trade, they traded Bartolo Colon for Brandon Phillips, Cliff Lee, and Grady Sizemore...Phillips may end up becoming their starting SS next year, Lee is a big part of their rotation, Sizemore is a future stud, they signed Ron Belliard cheaply, they had Omar Vizquel for a million years.

They did have a good system...but they developed that over a few years. If the Sox stopped trading prospects right now and just rebuilt, they would probably be where the Indians are right now in a couple years. The 2005 White Sox could be very similar to the 2001 Indians, and the 06 Sox could be 02 Indians, and the 07 Sox could be the 03 Indians.

Have you checked out the Charlotte roster lately?  Our most promising major league ready player was traded, and best four prospects are at LEAST one full year away, so next year looks bleak.

Yes, you're 100% correct because bringing up prospects is the one and only way to field a winning team.

Has he been rocked since the all-star break or what. 9.40 era since the all-star break. But it is understandable since he has never pitched this many innings in his career.

And I would guess that that will continue for the first month or two of 2005, and then he will settle in, and start to pitch a little better down the stretch.

If they do nothing...then this team needs to be torn down.  If they do respond, and they respond well, it is an entirely different story.

I don't think so, the sox can't build such good talent from within, just look at our minor leaguers called up so far... Not too exciting.

Also, as far as the Tribe, they WILL be a threat next year.

I don't think so, the sox can't build such good talent from within, just look at our minor leaguers called up so far... Not too exciting.

Also, as far as the Tribe, they WILL be a threat next year.

:huh:

(For the record...I made a boo-boo...I meant to say 2002, but instead wrote 2001...the 2001 Indians won the division and lost in 5 games to the Mariners in the ALDS)

Just take a look at the Indians 2002 team...it was a pitiful damn team, they were god awful, and they had s*** for talent. However, what you did see happen was that they had some of the talent from their lower minor league system take the next step of development, and they came up, because the team had no shot at anything at all.

That situation is very similar to the White Sox situation...many feel that Brian Anderson will be ready by 2006...Ryan Sweeney may be ready by 2006 or 2007...Fields will be ready probably by 2007, maybe 2008...this kind of stuff takes time.

I don't really understand your point, at all...these Sox could very well end up much like the 2002 Cleveland Indians within a year or two. There's nothing you can say to change my view on this.

And about the Tribe...uh, yeah. I thought everyone knew they were going to be a threat. They were a second place team for 2 weeks this year, and were very damn close to taking 1st place away from Minnesota. If their bullpen in the early part of the season had actually come through and pitched well, they could have been in 1st place by June 1 and could have run away with the division.

It will be a 3-team race next year, with Detroit right on our heels the whole way. For the first time in a very long time, next year, a good team will finish in 3rd place in the AL Central.

BTW...if you want a link to the 2002 Indians roster...here you go

Link-me

Edited by witesoxfan

(For the record...I made a boo-boo...I meant to say 2002, but instead wrote 2001...the 2001 Indians won the division and lost in 5 games to the Mariners in the ALDS)

Just take a look at the Indians 2002 team...it was a pitiful damn team, they were god awful, and they had s*** for talent.  However, what you did see happen was that they had some of the talent from their lower minor league system take the next step of development, and they came up, because the team had no shot at anything at all. 

That situation is very similar to the White Sox situation...many feel that Brian Anderson will be ready by 2006...Ryan Sweeney may be ready by 2006 or 2007...Fields will be ready probably by 2007, maybe 2008...this kind of stuff takes time. 

I don't really understand your point, at all...these Sox could very well end up much like the 2002 Cleveland Indians within a year or two.  There's nothing you can say to change my view on this.

And about the Tribe...uh, yeah.  I thought everyone knew they were going to be a threat.  They were a second place team for 2 weeks this year, and were very damn close to taking 1st place away from Minnesota.  If their bullpen in the early part of the season had actually come through and pitched well, they could have been in 1st place by June 1 and could have run away with the division.

It will be a 3-team race next year, with Detroit right on our heels the whole way.  For the first time in a very long time, next year, a good team will finish in 3rd place in the AL Central.

Link-me

You can believe what you want to believe, I am not trying to change your thoughts just giving you my insight on it. Also, to build a good team from within you just can't have good OF's and a thirdbaseman...

[automated response]:

"Dear Chicago White Sox fan,

Thank you for your interest in White Sox baseball. However, all employees are already on the golf courses or on vacation, so we are unable to care about your email. We will attempt to answer your inquiry next season. Please remember to mail in your season ticket deposit by the deadline of next Monday so it can build up interest over the winter. That may be the only offseason interest the White Sox can generate, so I'm sure you can see the importance of getting your money in to us early.

Thanks again for being a fan of YOUR second-place Chicago White Sox.

Sincerely,

No One In Particular"

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Just take a look at the Indians 2002 team...it was a pitiful damn team, they were god awful, and they had s*** for talent.  However, what you did see happen was that they had some of the talent from their lower minor league system take the next step of development, and they came up, because the team had no shot at anything at all. 

I don't really understand your point, at all...these Sox could very well end up much like the 2002 Cleveland Indians within a year or two.  There's nothing you can say to change my view on this.

And about the Tribe...uh, yeah.  I thought everyone knew they were going to be a threat.  They were a second place team for 2 weeks this year, and were very damn close to taking 1st place away from Minnesota.  If their bullpen in the early part of the season had actually come through and pitched well, they could have been in 1st place by June 1 and could have run away with the division.

It will be a 3-team race next year, with Detroit right on our heels the whole way.  For the first time in a very long time, next year, a good team will finish in 3rd place in the AL Central.

Link-me

Add to those very very young prospects that arent going to be ready for about three years, the prospects that we traded over the past three seasons to "make a run at it." If you dont make those moves, and keep bringing along the talent. I think we woulda contended by 2005 or 2006 at not only the division but the whole thing. Nowadays, I think we are pretty much very devoid of talent in our minors, as evidenced by our lack of top tier prospects.

I'm really sick of hearing the whole "we traded the farm, no we're going to suck forever" line. Has anyone we've dealt really done anything? Francisco has had an okay year and now has possible criminal proceedings, and Reed is still a big prospect. There isn't a whole lot outside of that, it's not like we let Brian Giles and Richie Sexon go like the Indians did. We had a highly ranked system in 2000 but none of those guys developed. s*** happens. Drafting and signing young players is such a crap shoot, and it's not like we're the only team that doesn't have top level prospects.

No one really knows what is going to happen with the Sox in the next few years, so can we cut some of this doom and gloom for at least a while?