God Bless the Twins

TLAK

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait.

So teams strive to have players rise through the minor league system whom immediately contribute? For so long, watching White Sox soft tossing pitchers (94+ mph is seemingly out of reach) and another assortment of bust prospects, I believed every player was supposed to be given 5 years to develop.

I don't despise the Twins organization. While I dislike their team, I hope they advance far into the playoffs and bring some respect to this division.

I really felt the Sox were in big trouble after Minnesota swept them in Chicago. Not so much after the Hunter-Burke game, but the 3rd game of the series ... the one where the Sox had 1st and 3rd with one out and Borchard hit into the double play. Then the Twins pushed across a run in the 10th, Sox failed again in the bottom of the 10th, game over, sweep.

Not blaming the lion's share on Borchard, but in a nutshell, it showed how poorly this team executed. Minnesota played one of their worst games of the season and did everything they could to give the game to the Sox. Sox executed even worse, pushed them 3.5 back in the standings and it only went downhill from there.

I hope Guillen learns a little bit about momentum. You've got Torii Hunter after the game here tonite, when they clinched, saying he plowed into Burke to show the White Sox that the Twins had heart. Hunter COMES OUT AND ADMITS he did it as a momentum changer. HE COMES OUT AND ADMITS IT.

So any of you who thought it was just a reaction play, like that guy who got banned from this site, well ... you were wrong.

I will say this, and then be done with it. Garcia plunked Hunter last week in the Metrodome, and everybody on the planet knows why Garcia did it. Why was it ok for Garcia to plunk him, a month later ... and somehow it wasn't ok for Guillen to tell Mike Jackson to do it on the same day? Hypocrisy. The White Sox organization showed great class by letting Jackson get into his 1000th game before releasing him. Guillen should've known Jackson was buddies with those Twins players, he shouldn't have had Jackson in there. If I were GM, Jackson is gone within a week after that game (don't embarass the veteran by cutting him loose right after the game, play it cool and wait a few days), and then sit down with your field manager and explicitly explain how the Twins have consistently taken momentum away from this franchise for 3 years running. Further, when you have a chance for payback, you take it. Right then and there, not a month later. A month later was a month too late, and the horse was out of the barn.

In spite of all this, no doubt who the better team is, by a longshot. Twins played great baseball and did what they felt they had to do ... Hunter incident included. Sox didn't respond, either with emotion or by playing good baseball. Congrats to the Twins, they are the better team once again this year.

I really dislike Torii Hunter after admitting that. I know some of you hate the Yanks and the Red Sox, but whoever plays the Twins, I'm rooting against them. I've really grown to hate them over the last 4 years and I will never root for them in the playoffs aslong as some of the same assholes like Hunter and Jones are still around.

We were bit hard by the injury bug.

Yes we were. Twins were still the better team ... by far. Injuries or no. They had injuries too. If the deficit were 1-2 games maybe I could remotely agree with you. 13 1/2 games or whatever it is? No way.

Yes we were.  Twins were still the better team ... by far.  Injuries or no.  They had injuries too.  If the deficit were 1-2 games maybe I could remotely agree with you.  13 1/2 games or whatever it is?  No way.

You can't use that 13.5 because we basically conceded a month ago.