A Realistic Lineup for Next Season

Butter Parque

I don't understand how anyone can say that this starting staff is set. This is the same pitching that failed us last year and wouldn't step-up when our offense was down. I don't want Freddy garcia to be my ace because he's not one. I don't want Mark Buehrle to be my ace becuase he's not one. If you can't get an ace, at least compliment the staff with another quality picher. If the staff stays the same, our record stays the same, simple as that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how anyone can say that this starting staff is set. This is the same pitching that failed us last year and wouldn't step-up when our offense was down. I don't want Freddy garcia to be my ace because he's not one. I don't want Mark Buehrle to be my ace becuase he's not one. If you can't get an ace, at least compliment the staff with another quality picher. If the staff stays the same, our record stays the same, simple as that.

Yup ... they need one more starter at least.

Buerhle's not an ace, at least not at the Cell where his home ERA was almost Garland like throughout the season. We DESPERATELY need a groundball pitcher for ths rotation if possible.

I'll post a really realistic lineup...

CF- Aaron Rowand

C- Jason Kendell

DH- Frank Thomas

LF- Carlos Lee

1B- Paul Konerko

SS- Juan Uribe

RF- Alex Escobar/Carl Everett

3B- Joe Crede

2B- Willie Harris

Bench:

Timo Perez - OF

Ross Gload - 1B/OF

Jamie Burke- C/1B/3B/RF

Wilson Valdez - IF

Ben Davis- C

Rotation:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Burherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

Felix Diaz (Since he would own Grilli in spring training!)

Bullpen:

Jon Adkins- Long

Neil Cotts- Long

Cliff Politte-SU

Damaso Marte-SU

Shingo Takasu-SU/CL

Free Agent-SU/CL

You add Jason Kendal at C and suddenly it's a 1st place team! :pray

CF- Aaron Rowand

C- Jason Kendell

DH- Frank Thomas

LF- Carlos Lee

1B- Paul Konerko

SS- Juan Uribe

3B- Joe Crede

2B- Willie Harris

Bench:

Timo Perez - OF

Ross Gload - 1B/OF

Jamie Burke- C/1B/3B/RF

Wilson Valdez - IF

Ben Davis- C

Rotation:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Burherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

Bullpen:

Jon Adkins- Long

Neil Cotts- Long

Cliff Politte-SU

Damaso Marte-SU

Shingo Takasu-SU/CL

Free Agent-SU/CL

How exactly would we get kendall? Since you just put him in the line-up without subtracting any od the major league players we have. You want to get rid of the few really good prospects we have up for him?

ok well i like the Willie Harris, Carlos Lee, Thomas, Rowand, Crede and Burke part of it! But i want Magglio is right! Cuz that Beltran guy is not going to be on my White Sox! I do not like that guy!! At all!! So i will not allow him on my team! AND..Hello where is Paul in there! Paul needs to be on the team! there is no way he is going to be traded! so there is no Ross Gload on 1st! i mean i love ross but just not in place of my paulee! and Omar Visquel!? no! Juan Uribe at SS! but no beltran! NO!

:lolhitting You're by far the best poster on this site.

CF- Aaron Rowand

C- Jason Kendell

DH- Frank Thomas

LF- Carlos Lee

1B- Paul Konerko

SS- Juan Uribe

3B- Joe Crede

2B- Willie Harris

Bench:

Timo Perez - OF

Ross Gload - 1B/OF

Jamie Burke- C/1B/3B/RF

Wilson Valdez - IF

Ben Davis- C

Rotation:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Burherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

Bullpen:

Jon Adkins- Long

Neil Cotts- Long

Cliff Politte-SU

Damaso Marte-SU

Shingo Takasu-SU/CL

Free Agent-SU/CL

That lineup actually does not look unreasonable...RF is terrible, but that being said, I might be able to tolerate that lineup.

It won't happen, because KW shouldn't trade for Kendall without having someone take on Konerko(maybe even the Pirates would), and the Bucs would have to suck up probably around between $10-$12 mill of his remaining contract...but it's reasonable.

Have Kendall lead off(and not Rowand, because Rowand is not a leadoff hitter), Gload take Konerko's exact spot in the order, and that lineup is decent enough to win 85 games.

The rotation is still s***ty...but that's nothing a FA signing couldn't handle.

How exactly would we get kendall? Since you just put him in the line-up without subtracting any od the major league players we have. You want to get rid of the few really good prospects we have up for him?

I don't really like that lineup, but Pittsburg really doesn't want anything to do with Kendall at this point. That contract is ridiculous, and he'd be a very good pickup for this team if we can aquire him without giving up major leaguers, as well as having Pitt eat most of the contract.

Kenny ought to keep all his options open, and look at any opportunity to make this team better.

That lineup actually does not look unreasonable...RF is terrible, but that being said, I might be able to tolerate that lineup. 

It won't happen, because KW shouldn't trade for Kendall without having someone take on Konerko(maybe even the Pirates would), and the Bucs would have to suck up probably around between $10-$12 mill of his remaining contract...but it's reasonable.

Have Kendall lead off(and not Rowand, because Rowand is not a leadoff hitter), Gload take Konerko's exact spot in the order, and that lineup is decent enough to win 85 games.

The rotation is still s***ty...but that's nothing a FA signing couldn't handle.

I'm assuming that Pitt would eat at least half of the contract if we even gave them a half-way decent minor leaguer (not talking about Sweeney, Anderson, Mac). I could be wrong in thinking that, though...

He or Greg Zaun would be nice pickups at the catching spot for this team. And, you'd be able to keep Burke up here, giving Ozzie three catchers, with Burke being a super-utility kind of a guy.

I don't really like that lineup, but Pittsburg really doesn't want anything to do with Kendall at this point.  That contract is ridiculous, and he'd be a very good pickup for this team if we can aquire him without giving up major leaguers, as well as having Pitt eat most of the contract.

Kenny ought to keep all his options open, and look at any opportunity to make this team better.

I really like kendall. I was just curious how butter just plopped jim in the line-up without saying how.

I really like kendall. I was just curious how butter just plopped jim in the line-up without saying how.

Oh, ok. Good point. I also like Kendall.

And - if Pittsburg wants to eat five million or so, I'd seriously consider going after him. He'd be awesome for the top of the order. Imagine that - two guys in the top half of our lineup with .400+ OBP's in Thomas and Kendall - imagine all the RBI opportunities for the Big Hurt.

Probably a dream, but he'd be a real nice aquisition...

It's not a matter of what kind of pitcher is on the hill. If's a matter of giving that pitcher a different look, something to think about. A guy can get into a groove facing a string of RH hitters one after the other. Then you put a lefty bat like Valentin in there against a lefty and he doesn't have to change anything because Jose would get himself out. When a pitcher is facing a lineup where the only dangerous hitters are all righthanded, he can establish a rythem more easily.

Rotation:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Burherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

If we go into the season with that rotation, we'll be lucky to finish in 3rd place. What a joke.

That rotation sucks - and is no better than that of the Reds.

But dream away. Wow.

Agreed. That rotation is no good. I can't really predict what place it would land us in, but I'm pretty sure it's not first. We need to address our starting rotation first and foremost this offseason. Adding Kendall doesn't make us a first place team.

Rotation:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Burherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

If we go into the season with that rotation, we'll be lucky to finish in 3rd place.  What a joke. 

But dream away. Wow.

No, it's not comparable to the Reds. Come on now. While it is not a great rotation, it still has two guys who are proven for some wins and then two guys with huge potential. Look at the Cardinals rotation this year.

Rotation:

Freddy Garcia

Mark Burherle

Jose Contreas

Jon Garland

If we go into the season with that rotation, we'll be lucky to finish in 3rd place.  What a joke. 

But dream away. Wow.

While that rotation isn't great, it is considerable better than the rotation that started the 2004 season. The two holdovers are Buehlre and Garland(hopefully a better year in 2005). Garcia and Contreras are 10x better than Loaiza(not 2003) and Schoeneweis. You also have to figure that the Sox should get some better production from their 5th starter(although we have been saying that the past 3-4 years). If the Sox can get one more decent middle of the rotation starter(Morris/Perez for example) and move everyone in the rotation down one spot, than I think you can make the arguement that the starting rotation is a strength. Besides, this postseason is showing us that pitching doesn't always win championships since 3 of the 4 teams are in the top 2 in their league in offense(Boston #1 in AL, NYY #2 in AL, St Loius #1 in NL).

yeah, but i think the cards have the best lineup in baseball since they added walker. they led the NL in runs, .6 runs above league average. we were 3rd in the AL, about .3 runs above average.

too bad our pitching staff gave up the most gopher balls.

The reason we were .3 above average is because 7 of the top ten offensive teams are in the american league.