[b]THE[/b] Gamethread

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Between you and Dan's bizzare and "justified" Steinbrenner advocating, this thread has taken a turn for this worst or just the weird.  Just sit back on enjoy history.

I didn't say I liked it. I hate the Yankees a ton, just hate Boston more. The point is that Steinbrenner is going to buy the free agent market... :puke

What a sloppy play. This is what im talking about. This isnt even competitive. Its just a drubbing. Astos-Cards today was an AWESOME game to watch, watched every pitch. This game isnt keeping my interest anymore.

These last several post seasons (dating 2001 to now) have been worthy of vast attention. Whether it be numerous World Series extending to 7 games, Red Sox/Yankee rivalry, or the Cubs choking, exciting storylines have attached themselves to post season baseball. We've come to expect too much.

The reason I mention this idea because if the White Sox were to advance into the World Series, I would prefer a series sweep to a 7 game thriller. Just as Boston fans rather keep this 7 run lead exactly as is. Problem is the entire national audience outside of Chicago wouldn't care less about our team and would label our run as "boring." It's almost as if anything besides Yankees/Red Sox battling for the AL pennant won't draw high Nielsen ratings. Would anyone besides Sox fans care if the White Sox made it to the World Series?

Yankees are showcasing their version of White Sox inspired Corpseball tonight.  Lowe is simply mowing through these chokers.

Yeah, and they look exactly like White Sox hitters. No patience at the plate at all, a bunch of Yankees have been ahead in the count and the first pitch near the strike zone they pound into the ground right to Cabrera. No one is going the opposite way or trying to do the little things to get on base. I really do feel like I'm watching the White Sox try to play and win a big game rather than the Yankees.

Random meaningless stat: The Yankees lineup gets paid about $97.5 million. They scored 11 runs in the last 4 games. That's just under $9 million per run. As I said this is statistically meaningless and has no meaning, but I just thought I'd throw some numbers out there, lol.

Now the Slubs are the only "Cursed" team remaining.  :headbang

No, Boston's curse involves not winning the World Series. They've been their recent years and haven't won yet there still is a "curse".

More fun stats: The only time the Yankees lost 4 in a row this season: in April when the Sox, White (1 game) and Red (3), combined to beat the Yanks 4 in a row.

:o Is all I can think right now. Unbelievable that the Red Sox did this, especially against the Yankees.

Yes! Finally, someone that understands the magnitude of the event at hand. This ridiculous "curse" is about to be broken. The Boston Freaking Red Sox coming back from a 3-0 deficit against their arch-nemisis the those damn New York Yankees. We won't see a game of this magnitude for quite some time.

This ridiculous "curse" is about to be broken.

People, realize that the curse involves winning the WS. They lost to Cincinnati and the Mets (Buckner) in recent years yet the curse still exists. Thus they have to win the WS to break the 'curse'.