Which Player Will Be Talked About The Most

Butter Parque

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Perez did his part, his low win total should not effect him. It's not his fault the team couldn't score more. How do you get radke is on a decline?

I think Perez might be an interesting pick-up too, but didn't he have some questions about his shoulder at the end of the year? If he's healhty he'd make the Sox pitching look much more imposing. Even though he pitched in LA, his home and road ERAs were about the same (around 3.28). The question would just be how much he'd cost. He made 5 million this year and might be out of the Sox price range.

I don't think they'll do it, but I liked the idea of going after Radke. He may have had something of a career year this year (I know his 3 year numbers aren't as good as this season), but he seems healthy, doesn't walk people, and it would be a big blow to the Twins. And they wouldn't even get the Sox first round draft choice next year (that's one bonus from the Sox playing lousy at the end of the season). But it would have to be for the right price. And after looking at his career numbers (thanks for posting them Rudy Law), it's not a sure thing that he'd perform up to the level he'll be paid at. Anyway I just hope the Sox bring in a decent starting pitcher (I hope not Russ Ortiz).

1st off welcome aboard RudyLaw :cheers

I still think Derek Lowe, if things go right, could be a nice fit in Chicago. I think he could come cheaper then some suspect, although his start last night will help him at least a bit.

As far as the most talked about name, I'd say it will be a two man race between Carlos Lee and Paul Konerko because I expect ample trade rumors for the both of them.

A close second will be Carlos Beltran, but his name will probably be off the list pretty quick. IF somehow he sits on the market, then we could all find a surprise, but if he signs quickly it sure won't be with the Sox. Personally I wonder if Vlad was a free agent this year, if the Sox would of potentially grabbed him. Last year they had Magglio, but I Think for the Sox to get a guy like Beltran they'll need something to happen much like it did with Vladdy last year (how he sat on hte market for quite a while..NY went with Sheff). I highly doubt that will happen, but then again, I never expected Vladdy to sit on the market as long as he did.

Perez did his part, his low win total should not effect him. It's not his fault the team couldn't score more. How do you get radke is on a decline?

There is no way I want to see a pitcher taken out of an extreme pitchers park and moved into an extreme hitters park type signing for us. See also Chan Ho Park and Jose Lima. I would be scared to death that Perez would do the samething.

There is no way I want to see a pitcher taken out of an extreme pitchers park and moved into an extreme hitters park type signing for us.  See also Chan Ho Park and Jose Lima.  I would be scared to death that Perez would do the samething.

Pretty sure Perez's away splits were as good as his home splits this season, so I wouldn't be that worried. An ERA of 4 would be a great result if he pitched here. Here they are,

HOME - 3-3, 3.31 ERA, 24 BB's, 67 K's.

AWAY - 4-3, 3.21 ERA, 20 BB's, 61 K's.

Edited by DBAH0

When you look at the state of the White Sox pitching, you wouldn't think that we would want an older pitcher, it would be my preference to get someone in their mid-20's, but when you look at the young SP avalible, it scares me a little. I would not want Odalis Perez on my team because you never know how he's going to pich. Plus, he has the reputation of being a club-house cancer. I think even though Radke is in his older years, he could still help us get to the playoffs in more of a way then Odalis Perez can.

As Perez has pitched more years, his groundball to flyball ratio has gone more and more into the direction of the flyball. That doesn't mean he his a fly-ball pitcher, it just means he has become less of a groundball pitcher (excluding 2003).

Brad Radke is even less of a groundball picher and I think both are pretty much equal in WHIP. If you ask me though, who i trust in a big game, Radke or Perez, I'm gonna choose Radke. I think we would all choose Radke by default after we saw Perez in the playoffs. Radke wasn't much better, but Perez was absolutely dreadful.

I would choose the classy veteran over the young'n. I know a lot of you would choose Perez, but in my opinion Radke is a safer option and the Kenny Williams can't afford to make any risky moves with his job security.

When you look at the state of the White Sox pitching, you wouldn't think that we would want an older pitcher, it would be my preference to get someone in their mid-20's, but when you look at the young SP avalible, it scares me a little. I would not want Odalis Perez on my team because you never know how he's going to pich. Plus, he has the reputation of being a club-house cancer. I think even though Radke is in his older years, he could still help us get to the playoffs in more of a way then Odalis Perez can.

As Perez has pitched more years, his groundball to flyball ratio has gone more and more into the direction of the flyball. That doesn't mean he his a fly-ball pitcher, it just means he has become less of a groundball pitcher (excluding 2003).

Brad Radke is even less of a groundball picher and I think both are pretty much equal in WHIP. If you ask me though, who i trust in a big game, Radke or Perez, I'm gonna choose Radke. I think we would all choose Radke by default after we saw Perez in the playoffs. Radke wasn't much better, but Perez was absolutely dreadful.

They are both not exactly sure things. Next year in whichever leage they pitch they will have era's over four. After a good year that's how it goes for them.

Now that you said you would pitch radke over perez in a big game the main question is would you pitch eric milton over radke? :ph34r: ;)

I still say Derek Lowe could be a really good fit. He's got a great sinker ball, which should help him in this park and he knows how to pitch in big games. I think next years numbers will fall somewhere in between two seasons ago and last year, meaning they'll be much lower then this years.

He was playing for a contract and failed, but take a shot on his discount. The other FA I wouldn't mind getting is Matt Clement, especially if he somehow slides through the market. Him at say 5-6 mill a year would be really nice.

Like I say, if they sign starting pitching, don't expect them to add a bat to replace Maggs, expect Everett/Gload to fight for RF, which could be ugly. But I think regardless they will at least take a look at SS/2b or of cousre they have the option at CF with Rowand moving to RF.

Now that you said you would pitch radke over perez in a big game the main question is would you pitch eric milton over radke?

Hey you know I love Milton, and I would pich Milton over the both of them in a big game; Milton has good playoff numbers.

Since we are on the topic, If the White Sox don't want Odalis Perez, they could use another lefty in the rotation. Maybe they do have some interest in a cheaper Milton. I wouldn't mind it at all. Maybe then garland goes. You'd have a rotation of Buehrle, Garcia, Radke, Milton, Contreras. Thats not bad at all.

I have also heard that Yankees are interested in having Milton come in as a lefty in their rotation from a couple of radio stations, i.e. "Mike and the Maddog". Anyway, that would be a good move by them to bring him back.

Well one thing I can tell you is Eric Milton was pathetic last year. He may of won his games but he didn't pitch too grand in my book, especially for an NL pitcher and one being paid around 9 mill a year.

However, Milton at half of that wouldn't be bad at all. Plus his perephials were pretty good. 196 hits in 201 innings and 161 strikeouts, although he had 75 walks. He did give up 43 long balls but minus the home runs he was actually a pretty good pitcher and to be honest I think his periphals indicate he should of had a bit better season.

Surpisingly he pitched better at home (a hitters park) then on the road. He did limit opponents to a .255 average. But remember this guy has never posted an ERA in the 3's, but at 29, for the right price, he could look good on the southside.

If the White Sox don't want Odalis Perez, they could use another lefty in the rotation. Maybe they do have some interest in a cheaper Milton.

If the White Sox were interested in adding another lefty in the rotation, why wouldn't they be interested in Odalis Perez? :huh:

I agree with Clement as being a potential bargain. There's going to be some fallout up there, and the thought of some revenge for the George TacoBell-Sosa trade is nice.... Or at least the Steve Trout trade.

Clement does scare me a little, but that's only because of a very unfortunate Fantasy Baseball pick his final season with the Marlins. I'd be willing to give him a second chance if it didn't eat up too much of our FA budget. He's very similar to Pavano w/o the awesome 2004 numbers (that's a huge ass caveat, I know.)

Hey you know I love Milton, and I would pich Milton over the both of them in a big game; Milton has good playoff numbers.

Since we are on the topic, If the White Sox don't want Odalis Perez, they could use another lefty in the rotation. Maybe they do have some interest in a cheaper Milton. I wouldn't mind it at all. Maybe then garland goes. You'd have a rotation of Buehrle, Garcia, Radke, Milton, Contreras. Thats not bad at all.

I have also heard that Yankees are interested in having Milton come in as a lefty in their rotation from a couple of radio stations, i.e. "Mike and the Maddog". Anyway, that would be a good move by them to bring him back.

Milton would put up worse numbers at the Cell than Garland has done...

Milton would give up 60 homeruns here and have an era around 5.5-6. I am pretty sure about that, the worst ground ball pitcher in baseball is not needed for us. The more ground ball pitchers we have the better. Also butter, milton may have pitched well in the playoffs but that is a pretty small sample size.

Milton would give up 60  homeruns here and have an era around 5.5-6. I am pretty sure about that, the worst ground ball pitcher in baseball is not needed for us. The more ground ball pitchers we have the better. Also butter, milton may have pitched well in the playoffs but that is a pretty small sample size.

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, but doesn't Philly rank up their as a hitters park, so I don't think his numbers would be that much greater, other then the adjustment to moving from the NL to the AL.

But he already has every year but one in the AL, so you can pretty much see what he's gonna do. He should be better now, after undergoing one season and should be 100% at the time of spring training.

Maybe I'm wrong in thinking this, but doesn't Philly rank up their as a hitters park, so I don't think his numbers would be that much greater, other then the adjustment to moving from the NL to the AL.

But he already has every year but one in the AL, so you can pretty much see what he's gonna do.  He should be better now, after undergoing one season and should be 100% at the time of spring training.

I just think he is vert overated for the money he is making. Ya, he won alot of games but not everyone looks at his numbers too closely.

Milton would give up 60  homeruns here and have an era around 5.5-6. I am pretty sure about that, the worst ground ball pitcher in baseball is not needed for us. The more ground ball pitchers we have the better. Also butter, milton may have pitched well in the playoffs but that is a pretty small sample size.

I completely agree, Milton would make Garland look like a god here, jmo.

Milton's stayin in Philly or going to Boston to join Mientkiewiecz. Book it.

Lowe will probably go to Detroit, or Philly if they don't resign Milton.

Radke will probably be resigned by the Twinkies at around $10 mill. Red Sox will only make a run if they lose Pedro and miss out on Pavano.

Perez looks like the best option.

A lefty starting combo of Milton, Buehrle would be a joke.

Their numbers at the Cell together wouldn't be pretty to look at, that's for sure. But I guess in a hitters park like Citizens in Philly, Coors in Colorado and the Cell, you can win a lot of games with an ERA of b/w 4 and 5 IF you get a lot of run support.

Their numbers at the Cell together wouldn't be pretty to look at, that's for sure. But I guess in a hitters park like Citizens in Philly, Coors in Colorado and the Cell, you can win a lot of games with an ERA of b/w 4 and 5 IF you get a lot of run support.

:P