Great KW Quote on Mags

AddisonStSox

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not at all, they were probably going to lose him to FA anyway, but if Maggs could have played the second half they might have gone to the play offs.  As mad as everybody gets about the money side, don't forget what a great player this guy is.

I don't think anyone would've given him more than the Sox were willing to.

It looks like KW has turned the page.  I think everyone is a little stunned about Mags' rapid 180.  I have no reason to think the front office mistreated Mags.  The dynamic of the game now-a-days doesn't have players remaining in one city for their entire career...still though, it's Oo-Ee-Oo we are talking about here...I thought he was one of the good guys.  Hopefully the squinting, money-hungry, disloyal...ugh'  :rolly

You'll get your shot somewhere else Mags, so long.

Ready to join my club yet? :lol:

Willie crashing into Magglio's knee was a blessing in disguise.

For Reinsdorf it may be. Selling Magglio's departure following a rare knee injury becomes signficantly easier. I'm not ignoring managements numerous attempts to re-sign Magglio, but their offers were insulting (in Maggs view) and he likely made his intentions of FA known before last season.

A healthy Magglio leaves Chicago, the media and fans persist Reinsdorf is cheap. Mariotti made it his journalistic duty to write several articles claiming Maggs departure would yield another black eye for this organization. If I had prior knowledge the White Sox were under no position to sign Ordonez, a home grown talent and class-act throughout his career, I'd say the perfect excuse has presented itself.

For us to comment on the contract situation is not a great idea since none of us really know what went on, just what we hear. Would you take information from the spin room and decide who won a debate? Probably not. Another thing, even if it is joking any comments made about being happy a player is injured is the real black-eye on the organization and is beneath the class held by good White Sox fans.

For us to comment on the contract situation is not a great idea since none of us really know what went on, just what we hear. Would you take information from the spin room and decide who won a debate? Probably not. Another thing, even if it is joking any comments made about being happy a player is injured is the real black-eye on the organization and is beneath the class held by good White Sox fans.

:crying Its a message board...lighten' up bud. This entire board is hearsay and conjecture.

I'm sorry to disagree but I think that the medium does not provide a license to be irresponsible with free speech. I'm not saying that message boards can't be fun with a lot of joking, but I think lines could/should be drawn when it comes to the physical well being of players/fans/front office.

Pardon my ignorance here, but where is the original comment from Maggs that KW was referring to?? 

And FWIW, that quote from Kenny is at least a week old........

It wasn't really a proper quote in the article. Here is what it read after KW's comments: "GM Ken Williams on the news that OF Magglio Ordonez said back in June he felt the organization was taking him for granted."

I remember Magg's saying that, or something to that effect, before he got hurt, but I wonder if KW, in October, was aware that Magg's said it in June.

I'm sorry to disagree but I think that the medium does not provide a license to be irresponsible with free speech. I'm not saying that message boards can't be fun with a lot of joking, but I think lines could/should be drawn when it comes to the physical well being of players/fans/front office.

Don't flatter yourself...no one is getting their feelings hurt.

Grade A, First Class...

lapel-pin-wrench.jpg

Well, why don't we add mental well being to that as well.

Case in point, your screen name. I wonder how Jon would feel seeing that. :ph34r:

I am very happy they are not going to waste money on someone as over-rated as Maggs

Puhlease....let him go to the yankmees.

I am sure Gerogie will be increasing his payroll now to $300M now that he has seen the Bo Sox win it all, and no one is talking about his chokeees.

I am very happy they are not going to waste money on someone as over-rated as Maggs

Puhlease....let him go to the yankmees.

I am sure Gerogie will be increasing his payroll now to $300M now that he has seen the Bo Sox win it all, and no one is talking about his chokeees.

He'll be going to the 1 of the Orioles, Mets or Giants in most likelihood. For the Yankees to dump Brown, they may have to trade him to a team like the Cubs for Sosa possibly.