*Official* College Basketball Thread

The Illini defense is underrated.

Wisconsin has to make some adjustments or they could lose to the Illini for a third time in the Big 10 tournament.

Thought Wisconsin could of done better, but they never seemed to get anything set on offense.

Congrats, barring a major choke you will be undefeated going into the Big 10 tourney.

SB

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 02:30 PM)
What an awesome expierence.

I was part of history today; the highest attendance ever in Assembly Hall.

After having grabbed IlliniKrush's ticket, I found a spot, first row, next to the Chef, at the end of the Wisconsin bench.

We gave Bo a hard time from tip-off to the final buzzer.

I know what the Badgers are going to be doing tomorrow.  Bright and early.  6 am free-throws.  Horrendous.

Perfection continues.

Oskee Wow Wow

i heard that too as i was leaving, did they ever explain why it was the highest attendance? i mean they've sold out the entire season, why was this any higher?

QUOTE(Soxbadger @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
The Illini defense is underrated.

Wisconsin has to make some adjustments or they could lose to the Illini for a third time in the Big 10 tournament.

Thought Wisconsin could of done better, but they never seemed to get anything set on offense.

Congrats, barring a major choke you will be undefeated going into the Big 10 tourney.

SB

i was really impressed w/ wiscy today. They played a solid game, minus the FTs. Illini played just as solid though, we needed one of these games.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Feb 12, 2005 -> 02:39 PM)
i heard that too as i was leaving, did they ever explain why it was the highest attendance? i mean they've sold out the entire season, why was this any higher?

Recruits in the building possibly? I know there was a bunch of football recruits there as well as some basketball recruits. I really have no idea though.

Solid win today. Definitely nice to get a big win against Minnesota after the dap they've been getting lately. Bracey was out again, I really don't know if he'll even be ready for Tuesday's game at OSU or what. But Ewing had a big game today, he really stepped it up down low. He stayed out of foul trouble all game, and that's really been the only thing holding him back. I'll take it...71-56.

I get the feeling Head isn't going to get a whole lot of love come NBA draft time. He's one of those 6-3/6-4 wing players that most pro guys think is too short, and I doubt anyone thinks he is an NBA point guard. I think this would be a major mistake though. The guy is a hell of an athlete and is shooting really well this year(although I'm not 100% sure about NBA 3-point range). He might get some more looks now that Dwayne Wade has become a star though. I think he'll make some teams regret it if they pass on him. At worst I see him as a solid defender chipping in about 8 points 3 boards 3 assists, but he could definitely do better.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Feb 13, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
Not trying to start a fight, but doesn't DePaul's logo look like the Devil taking a s*** down the hoop ?  :huh:

av-2016.gif

Personally, I love the old-school look of that logo. All my DePaul stuff either has that logo (which is tough to find) or just says DePaul. I'm not a big fan of the newer logo...

And no, there haven't been any complaints of insensitivity and discrimination with a Demon logo at a Catholic university...

What's interesting about hearing about the Chief Illiniwek "controversy" is that I was at Florida State for 2 years and their Indian is just as bad, yet there never seems to be any complaints...

And yeah, he's definitely pondering.

I do some of my best thinking on the can...