*Official* College Basketball Thread

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a game by Dials, thats a guy I would love to have on Duke.

Anyway, the guy I thought came up small in the end was Deron Williams. He made a couple of nice passes, but otherwise was very quiet in the 2nd half.

What a run though that Illinois made this season, I guess the basketball gods didn't think you deserved to be undefeated though.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 01:07 PM)
Ok, so now that the Illini have lost, if they lose in the BTT do they still go in as a #1 seed?

Even if they lose the BTT they still hvae less losses then anyone else...

That'll bring some of the cocky Illini fans back down to earth. Nobody here, but some I know personally.

Illinois will still be #1 and get a #1 seed. What will suck is the people will argue that it was good that Illinois had a loss before the tourney, which I think is BS.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
Even if they lose the BTT they still hvae less losses then anyone else...

True, but they won't be going into the dance on a roll. That plays into it at times.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
That'll bring some of the cocky Illini fans back down to earth. Nobody here, but some I know personally.

Illinois will still be #1 and get a #1 seed. What will suck is the people will argue that it was good that Illinois had a loss before the tourney, which I think is BS.

Its not really BS. Imo, its not a bad thing nor is it a good thing. Some teams really feel the pressure and thats another story, but at this point, once your in the tourney everyteams ultimate goal is to go undeffeated.

But the Illini are still the #1 team in the country, of course UNC is going to win it all :)

QUOTE(3E8 @ Jan 8, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I'm going off of today's game as well as the other five or six I've seen them play.  But today told me that they are not infallible.  They'll lose on the road in the Big Ten, probably to MSU, OSU, or Iowa.  As for the National Championship prediction, I just think Kansas is better.  They have more depth.

I'm a Nostradamus of sorts, no?

I feel bad rooting againt the Illini, but in my eyes they were the Cubs of college basketball. Two years ago in the playoffs, all the Cub "fans" crept up from the sewer for a few weeks, until the Cubs choked. Same thing this year from what I saw with Illinois. After they lost, those same people who claimed that they were fans crawled back to where they came.The real losers are the true fans that follow the team and stick with it through thick and thin.

by the way if anyone actually expected to go undefeated until we faced OSU then that is more nostradamus like because never in my wildest dreams did I expect us to win 29 in a row and i must say it was a great 29 and i hope they can start another run

:cheers to the Illini

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
OK Illinois fans, step aside now as we view the greatest rivalry in collge basketball, Duke at North Carolina. Felton vs. Ewing!!! Redick vs. Manuel Williams vs. May!!!!! IT'S AWESOME BAAYBEE WITH A CAPITAL A!!!!!!

God I hate North f***ing Carolina!!! :lolhitting

QUOTE(Butter Parque @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 07:13 PM)
OK Illinois fans, step aside now as we view the greatest rivalry in collge basketball, Duke at North Carolina. Felton vs. Ewing!!! Redick vs. Manuel Williams vs. May!!!!! IT'S AWESOME BAAYBEE WITH A CAPITAL A!!!!!!

I'll watch if it is on the radio. Not gonna listen to Vitale blow his load.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 02:14 PM)
by the way if anyone actually expected to go undefeated until we faced OSU then that is more nostradamus like because never in my wildest dreams did I expect us to win 29 in a row and i must say it was a great 29 and i hope they can start another run

Very nice run guys. They had to put you on the SI cover.

Eh, I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be when they lost.

Also, I'd rather only a team OTHER than OSU would have beaten them, if only for the fact that OSU can't play in the NCAA Tourney. If another team like, say, Indiana or Minnesota (perferably the latter) had beaten them, at least it would enhance the resume.

QUOTE(AssHatSoxFan @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 01:14 PM)

You have to give them their props. :cheers to the Illini

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 6, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)

Man I dont know why everyone is going crazy over this.. 29 - 1 and people are celebrating this loss like it was the biggest thing ever..

just a bunch of bitter fans that wish their team had the kind of season that Illinois has had.. Either way, they are still gonna be a #1 seed