Jaret wright signs with the yankees

qwerty

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Arizona will overpayfor him.  ;)

KW also tried to get Odalis Perez last season, so let's  :pray that Williams signs this guy ASAP.

I've concluded that both your avatar and signature pictures are curses. You are advised to remove them both immediately, before the White Sox announce a trade bringing Sammy Sosa back to the south side.

:lol:

I really have no clue what the Sox plan to do. I wouldn't have paid Wright that kind of money. They must get someone. Whether its Clement, trade for Vasquez, Perez..... They must. They must open their pockets and pay extra for a free agent, otherwise they won't be able to get them.

Guys Kenny like all other yrs has done crap signing cause he dosent have the money.

Reinsdorf takes a price he thinks hes worth and will never ever go to players side of what he wants. Basically were to cheap and we cant sign anyone thats good out there.

I dont expect sox do anything at all. With thomas hurt and not knowing whats going on with dh position we need konerko more than ever now. I just don't see how we can do anything out there.

I know you want to feel good and positive about whats going but please if jared wright gets fat contract what that tell you about other starting pitchers? I gurantee tells ya no one going sign here.

Kenny willams at other meeting was like depsreate man trying trade and no one wanted to bite.

Heres few good reason why as well. One, Konerko is on his last yr of his contrace and I gurantee some clubs will just wait for him go free agency. Second, some people don't think his value worth that much. I'm not trying get all madd or sad over this but it's been going last few yrs in free agency. I can hear it now " wait to midseason"

Quality post.

While several of you look at this as "a blessing," the truth is the White Sox will not exceed the value of sought after players. Instead of believing this organization has the money and is waiting for the right player/price, understand the market has drastically shifted against Reinsdorf.

William's 'flying under the radar' is a brilliant move. When a organization signs a player White Sox showed interest in there's no indication on how close we were to finalizing a deal, or the price offered. Missing out on Vizquel noticeably embarrassed Williams, whom was practically preparing a press conference for his arrival. In the instance of Wright, Williams can argue the Yankee factor exceeded any of their proposals. We just assume Yankees wen't far and beyond the price of other clubs.

My question is how long can this excuse hold up when EVERY available FA avoids the White Sox?

This is very disappointing. FA signings are perhaps the safest method of improving your team without giving up much in return.

Sox are not going sign any free agent pitchers. By the way Kenny Willams will be on espn raido 1000 tommrrow and just listen to voice and tone and it will tell ya whats going on.

I am gonna bookmark this, because i am positive they sign at least one pitcher whether bullpen or rotation.

I'm most interested to see what happens to Jon Lieber now out of all of this. If the Yanks do indeed sign Milton as well, could they both move Vazquez AND Brown (Philly or Atlanta most likely) to make room for Lieber? If they can't resign Jon, we should seriously look at this guy ASAP. Odalis Perez is now probably most likely headed to Washington as Jim Bowden is pretty hot on him, and money shouldn't be a problem there.

I know, alot of signings today.

I guess the Sox turn towards Clement, Vazquez, or whomever Beane is looking to trade of the big 3.

Clement's most likely headed to the Dodgers, Blue Jays or Indians for 3 years $24 million, which KW and JR certainly won't pay, so I think you can get rid of that option. I hate to say it, but our SP FA options are dwindling by the day.

Billy Beane could start going after Carlos Lee again possibly though, for one of the big 3 plus prospects from either team etc.

Watching what I would of thought would be more attainable FA's sign elsewhere(Visquel and Wright) leaves me with a pit in my stomach. We will need to outbid Detroit who all of a sudden has boatloads of money, the Yanks, Cleveland and Boston for Pavano and Wright. This of course is not going to happen.

I wonder what plan Z is for the sox.

What the heck? One guy only that we were interested in signs for a ridiculous amount of money, that's ALL. Some people jumping to the conclusion, oh, this is a sign that we won't sign anyone. What kind of logic is that?

If you wanted us to sign Wright for $9 mil per, say so. O/w, what's the problem?