Jaret wright signs with the yankees

qwerty

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. That's why I knew there was going to be action since today is Tuesday, but never would had thought on the first day. It starts today people.

I will have ZERO faith in this organization if a single move isn't made during or right after the Winter meetings. Just once I would like to see what it would be like for the Sox to lose a draft pick. :rolly

Thsi is getting really similiar to last year, I hope the optimists here are right, but I've got that sinking feeling again. :puke

I'm definitely an optimist and I still think we'll do something but I got that same feeling right now. I feel like throwing up :puke

What the heck?  One guy only that we were interested in signs for a ridiculous amount of money, that's ALL.  Some people jumping to the conclusion, oh, this is a sign that we won't sign anyone.  What kind of logic is that?

If you wanted us to sign Wright for $9 mil per, say so.  O/w, what's the problem?

How much do you think Clement and Pavano are going to cost with the Yanks and Mets setting this price. Do you really see the sox paying that asking price. I dont care if we got Wright or not. I am more upset at the salary level that these fringe pitchers are getting. It sets a unrealistic and unatainable salary level for the sox. We will go back to the lightening in a bottle theory and hope some C level pitcher can have a career season next year.

Thanks New York for nothing.

I will have ZERO faith in this organization if a single move isn't made during or right after the Winter meetings.  Just once I would like to see what it would be like for the Sox to lose a draft pick.  :rolly

Kenny will eventually trade whatever trade pick we would of given up away in some last minute trade deadline deal. So why keep them.

nah they'll offer him arb -- THough the deadline just passed -- It just means he'll cost a pick on the open market

Lieber is a Type B FA, and the compensation for signing him is the signing team's 1st round pick. But since we have the 15th pick, we wouldn't lose that, and the Yanks would get a pick in the 1st comp. round I'm assuming.

The sad part is Felix Diaz would own Grilli in the minors and spring training again and it wouldn't even make a difference.

I am sick of having these soft tossing location pitchers who get killed when they come up to the majors and realize that the large minor league strikezone is a thing of the past and that you cant get by with a 3-1 85 mph fastball anymore. We have a guy in class A that throws 98. KW better not trade that guy. The last guy we had that had a cannon like that we traded and he threw chairs into the stands.

I still think Odalis Perez can be had for 6 mill a year, the problem is, he has some durability issues as well as some clubhouse problems (at least in LA). Good stuff when healthy, but I question the fact that he seems to have trouble going late into games, especially this past season.

I'd think Clement a better option, but at this point, a full court press of Carl Pavano would look really good cause the market is dwindling if Kenny wants to get a big name and this doesn't even begin to go into the crappy bullpen this team has.

I'm an optimist, but I'm more concerned with the approach, imo, in the sense that I'm not getting this vibe that the organization sees the bullpen as a huge hole.