Small Southtown Piece

DBAHO

And someone from the Southotwn stuffed up here or KW doesn't know his prospects (Is that at all suprising). Adam McCarthy? :huh :lol:

White Sox general manager Kenny Williams made two moves before coming to Anaheim, signing pitcher Dustin Hermanson and outfielder Jermaine Dye as free agents.

Williams is keeping an eye out for a No. 5 starter. If he doesn't find one this offseason, he has a few options within the organization, including Jason Grilli, whom the South Siders acquired in last year's Rule 5 draft.

In eight starts with the Sox in 2004, Grilli went 2-3 with a complete game and a 7.40 ERA. Williams liked what he saw from the right-hander.

"We recognize his ability to throw the power breaking ball," Williams said. "He has the power sinker. He has the changeup and the ability to soften up on the changeup. We'll give him every chance to compete.

"We may also bring Scott Schoeneweis back to start. He fit the bill for us before he got hurt last year. We have some options. Adam McCarthy (a minor leaguer) may jump up and force us to bring him with us. We have confidence in the options we do have."

They said Schoeneweis was better suited for a bullpen job and now they're talking in the papers about him possibly being a 5th starter candidate.

Not a good idea.

White Sox general manager Kenny Williams made two moves before coming to Anaheim, signing pitcher Dustin Hermanson and outfielder Jermaine Dye as free agents.

Williams is keeping an eye out for a No. 5 starter. If he doesn't find one this offseason, he has a few options within the organization, including Jason Grilli, whom the South Siders acquired in last year's Rule 5 draft.

In eight starts with the Sox in 2004, Grilli went 2-3 with a complete game and a 7.40 ERA. Williams liked what he saw from the right-hander.

"We recognize his ability to throw the power breaking ball," Williams said. "He has the power sinker. He has the changeup and the ability to soften up on the changeup. We'll give him every chance to compete.

"We may also bring Scott Schoeneweis back to start. He fit the bill for us before he got hurt last year. We have some options. Adam McCarthy (a minor leaguer) may jump up and force us to bring him with us. We have confidence in the options we do have."

Jason Grilli :headshake I don't care what ability he has, does he have the ability to win? :huh:

Wow, Im shocked KW will give McCarthy a shot, I really would like to see what he can do at the ML level but I thought they didnt want to rush young guys like kip and garland.

Im surprised I haven't heard talk of signing oddalis perez, he was in a lot of trade last offseason of going to us for konerko.

Adam is another name for Brandon. My buddys real name is Adam but we call him Brandon.

That is terrible, the names are not even close. You sure that it's just not your friends middle name? Because i just asked like five people and they have never heard of that.

That is terrible, the names are not even close. You sure that it's just not your friends middle name? Because i just asked like five people and they have never heard of that.

KW is a bad gm, but hes not an idiot and knows his top prospect's name.

Im sure it can be said Adam as well.