Sox STILL interested in Chacon

DBAHO

I disagree.

IMHO, Pollite>Chacon.

I agree that a change of scenery would be great for Chacon, and he could have a huge breakout season, but I think trading Pollite for Chacon is risky, and could backfire.  Few B level prosepcts would work for me.

completely agree, politte has the potential to be a big piece of the puzzle if he consistently starts going after hitters, saw some good flashes last year.

i'm out

Chacon would be a nice pickup. He's got good upside and getting him away from Coors will be a big help. Versatile pitcher who I'd like to have a part of this staff.

Notice the Sox would pick him up potentially if he's non tendered so they wouldn't be trading for him. And your right, it is interesting that he was on Arizona's list.

Chacon would be a nice pickup.  He's got good upside and getting him away from Coors will be a big help.  Versatile pitcher who I'd like to have a part of this staff. 

Notice the Sox would pick him up potentially if he's non tendered so they wouldn't be trading for him.  And your right, it is interesting that he was on Arizona's list.

Right, I was just saying maybe a potential 3 way deal because if he was non tendered and the sox were able to sign him, kenny wouldn't be able to deal him off for rj.

He is good allright :rolly

untitled.bmp

And to answer your question WHarris, Chacons ERA at Coors was 8.04. Now, last time I checked, that is BRUTAL. So much for home field advantage :rolly

But look at some of those periphs. You don't give up fewer hits then innings pitched in Colorado without having some damn good stuff. He's got some things to work on, but get him out of Coors and you will see him take off.

But look at some of those periphs.  You don't give up fewer hits then innings pitched in Colorado without having some damn good stuff.  He's got some things to work on, but get him out of Coors and you will see him take off.

It's kind of hard to get a hit off a guy when he's bouncing the ball up to the plate. His control is terrible, and I don't want another "project pitcher" where the Sox try fixing a flaw in apitcher's delivery.

It's kind of hard to get a hit off a guy when he's bouncing the ball up to the plate.  His control is terrible, and I don't want another "project pitcher" where the Sox try fixing a flaw in apitcher's delivery.

It's amazing how low our expectations for this club have sunk. Cheering Chacon as a low-risk, high reward option is hardly the method of assembling a championship ballclub.

One month ago, If I had suggested Shawn Chacon as an acquisition, 95% of the members on this site would have shunned the proposal.

Keep searching Williams.

It's amazing how low our expectations for this club have sunk.  Cheering Chacon as a low-risk, high reward option is hardly the method of assembling a championship ballclub.

One month ago, If I had suggested Shawn Chacon as an acquisition, 95% of the members on this site would have shunned the proposal. 

Keep searching Williams.

I disagree that 95% would have. I think more people see his potential.

We'll have to beat this deal if it's goin to happen;

The Rangers are willing to give up Juan Dominguez in return for Shawn Chacon.

Colorado is still hoping for Ian Kinsler, but that's unlikely to happen. Dominguez would be a candidate to act as Colorado's fifth starter if dealt.