kenny to be on espn1000

Kogs35

HEY  :dips*** aka KW.. it failed in 04.. It will fail again in 05..

And for Shoe.. It failed in 02, 03 as well.

while I want another starter as much as anyone, your comment is a bit off.

Cotts' arm wasn't stretched out enough to start this season, Grill didn't start pitching till later in the season and as for Schoeneweis, you mention 2003 ... he was in the bullpen for 2003. He started last season and pitched well up until he got hurt.

going into this season without five reliable starters in place is not good, but to say the same results will come from these three guys is wrong.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG STFU.  You just want to bash kenny any way you can, you wanted to make the deal when you proposed it but because kenny made it you don't like it.  No one puts any value into what you say because you do bulls*** like this, why don't you get the f*** out of here because everyone here thinks you're full of bulls***.

Rowand...just ignore him...he likes stirring the pot.

while I want another starter as much as anyone, your comment is a bit off.

Cotts' arm wasn't stretched out enough to start this season, Grill didn't start pitching till later in the season and as for Schoeneweis, you mention 2003 ... he was in the bullpen for 2003. He started last season and pitched well up until he got hurt.

going into this season without five reliable starters in place is not good, but to say the same results will come from these three guys is wrong.

Plus the 1-4 of this staff is better then the 1-4 of last years opening day staff. Not to mention the bullpen is light years better this year.

Only problem I have with something KW said about Podsednik was how he had to get used to wind patters to be a better outfielder. Ummm...a lot of the Brewers home games are played in a dome. Put me in the camp that the Sox would be much better keeping Rowand in CF, and Pod in LF. Arm strength is much more important for CF, and Rowand is 10 times better than Pod at throwing.

yeah, plus the defense.

the team is more complete this year than last year in that we have less weaknesses when you talk about offense, defense, rotation and bullpen. It's just that as of right now, there are a TON of questions on offense. Fortunately, they aren't holes, at least yet, as all those question marks are talented enough to be productive.

Only problem I have with something KW said about Podsednik was how he had to get used to wind patters to be a better outfielder.  Ummm...a lot of the Brewers home games are played in a dome.  Put me in the camp that the Sox would be much better keeping Rowand in CF, and Pod in LF.  Arm strength is much more important for CF, and Rowand is 10 times better than Pod at throwing.

This makes sense. I've heard many players quoted as saying the Cell is the most difficult or at the very least one of the most difficult places to play defensively (speaking of CF specifically).

Torri Hunter doesn't have a problem but many players do. I think Arow will be staying there. Otherwise I expect Dye in left soley because he doesn't have the range he once had.

Only problem I have with something KW said about Podsednik was how he had to get used to wind patters to be a better outfielder.  Ummm...a lot of the Brewers home games are played in a dome.  Put me in the camp that the Sox would be much better keeping Rowand in CF, and Pod in LF.  Arm strength is much more important for CF, and Rowand is 10 times better than Pod at throwing.

Rowand should start in center. he reads the ball as good as anyone, takes charge and has a strong arm.

yeah, plus the defense.

the team is more complete this year than last year in that we have less weaknesses when you talk about offense, defense, rotation and bullpen. It's just that as of right now, there are a TON of questions on offense. Fortunately, they aren't holes, at least yet, as all those question marks are talented enough to be productive.

I still say they address catcher. With the top of the order deemed shut by the Sox (hopefully Spod plays more like he did two years ago batting average wise) then it means you now have Willie in the 9 spot which is perfectly fine. He's a solid OBP guy regardless and should improve, especially without having mega pressure.

This makes 2nd much less of a hole then it once was (still a utility guy would be nice or a guy that could hit lefties for Willie) while catcher and starting pitching stick as big holes.

This makes sense.  I've heard many players quoted as saying the Cell is the most difficult or at the very least one of the most difficult places to play defensively (speaking of CF specifically). 

Torri Hunter doesn't have a problem but many players do.  I think Arow will be staying there.  Otherwise I expect Dye in left soley because he doesn't have the range he once had.

I think Dye will be in right because of his arm and because I think he'll need to cover less ground in right.

Why does everyone keep bringing up Neal Cotts..First I think the guy should be given the boot...The last 2 seasons..what's his era? Like 5? And then..everyone praises him by saying he had a few good outings..He is not someone you can depend on early or late in games...and he is not intimidating...if u go up to the plate against him..either A) Hit by pitch B) Walk C) Wild Pitch I mean remember that Yankees game...Man, I'll never forget that...

Rowand should start in center. he reads the ball as good as anyone, takes charge and has a strong arm.

yeah....But the main reason Rowand should start in Center is because he's a centerfielder. I'd rather have Pod adjust to left and Rowand in center than have pod adjust in center(USCF "wind" problem) and Rowand take Right and Dye in left.

I still say they address catcher.  With the top of the order deemed shut by the Sox (hopefully Spod plays more like he did two years ago batting average wise) then it means you now have Willie in the 9 spot which is perfectly fine.  He's a solid OBP guy regardless and should improve, especially without having mega pressure. 

This makes 2nd much less of a hole then it once was (still a utility guy would be nice or a guy that could hit lefties for Willie) while catcher and starting pitching stick as big holes.

I agree, with Podsednik leading off, Harris can bat down in the order so the main question on offense is coming from behind the plate. Although, like you, I think a middle-infielder NEEDS to be brought in also.

Why does everyone keep bringing up Neal Cotts..First I think the guy should be given the boot...The last 2 seasons..what's his era?  Like 5?  And then..everyone praises him by saying he had a few good outings..He is not someone you can depend on early or late in games...and he is not intimidating...if u go up to the plate against him..either A) Hit by pitch  B)  Walk C)  Wild Pitch  I mean remember that Yankees game...Man, I'll never forget that...

One season the guy makes like 4 starts. His minor league numbers were absolutely amazing and he has pretty good, deceptive stuff. Neal Cotts is a keeper. Had the Sox had his arm stretched out he would of been by far the best 5th starter the club had last season (minus a healthy Scho, who was very good for a 5th starter).

Cotts should turn into a good pitcher, although I wonder how stunted his development will be in the pen. He's got the courage though and seems to pitch well out of the pen. I think his numbers will really dazzle this year.

I still think Shoenweiss is going to be non-tendered. There is no spot for him in the bullpen now, and coming off surgery to have to count on him in the 5th starter spot is a stretch. Besides, they already said they were going to get another starter, and Ozzie said the other day that Garland was the #5 starter. IIRC, Ben Davis is also eligible for arbitration. I think he will also be non tendered, and with the savings on both these guys the Sox sign Piersinski. Maybe I'm dreaming but I also think the Sox are going to get either Renteria, Cabrerra or Polanco, or trade for a very productive middle infielder. Right now if Uribe goes down that would leave a middle infield of Harris and Valdez. That's not good. Finally, I think JR will approve a budget busting signing or trade for another starter. The roster then would be good enough to win the AL Central, and maybe even more.

yeah....But the main reason Rowand should start in Center is because he's a centerfielder.  I'd rather have Pod adjust to left and Rowand in center than have pod adjust in center(USCF "wind" problem) and Rowand take Right and Dye in left.

that is exactly what I said. he reads the ball, takes control and has a good arm ... good attributes to a centerfielder.

I still think Shoenweiss is going to be non-tendered. There is no spot for him in the bullpen now, and coming off surgery to have to count on him in the 5th starter spot is a stretch. Besides, they already said they were going to get another starter, and Ozzie said the other day that Garland was the #5 starter. IIRC, Ben Davis is also eligible for arbitration. I think he will also be non tendered, and with the savings on both these guys the Sox sign Piersinski. Maybe I'm dreaming but I also think the Sox are going to get either Renteria, Cabrerra or Polanco, or trade for a very productive middle infielder. Right now if Uribe goes down that would leave a middle infield of Harris and Valdez. That's not good. Finally, I think JR will approve a budget busting signing or trade for another starter. The roster then would be good enough to win the AL Central, and maybe even more.

I agree with that, but I think if the Sox don't have someone signed by then (ie a starter signed by Dec 20th) or if they have questions to that, then they will sign Scho to a deal. Worse case you have him and deal him somewhere cause he should be rather affordable.

Plenty of teams would have some interest in him. You wouldn't get much, but you could mvoe him. I also have long thought he'd make a great reliever. However, with as deep as this bullpen is now, I don't know if the Sox would pay to keep him.

He is a good reliever though, especially with the addition of the cutter and changeup to his arsenal. Plus he's got a good sinkerball. Its nice to have a guy like that coming out of the pen.