Things that won't happen....

fathom

I've seen a lot of rumors and personal opinion on this board lately (it's been a great time though), and the following is a list of things I don't think will happen:

- Sox sign A.J. Pierzynski....I haven't seen one source mention that the Sox are interested, and I doubt after articles like the Cowley one today will the Sox be in a hurry to add a questionable clubhouse character.

- Sox sign Orlando Cabrera.....Not a chance in hell that KW spends like 8 mil a year to get a SS who is not nearly as good as Juan Uribe. Miguel Cairo or Jerry Hairston Jr. would be much better fits for the Sox, and much cheaper

- Sox keep A. Rowand in any Randy Johnson deal. Don't kid yourself folks, there's no interest by anyone in obtaining Everett. Hell, we were hoping he wouldn't activate his player option this year. Rowand would be at the core of any trade we would make.

I agree the Dbacks are going to ask for Rowand. I just hope Kenny backs down on it and gives up prospects instead. Anderson and anyone not named Sweeney/Bmac and Everett.

If it takes a package with Rowand, I think you say no and sign Clement or Perez.

Marte is a very good reliever, Garland has upside, Anderson has upside, Diaz/Munoz could come in and be other pitchers, while Everett can help them now.

I don't know if the Dbacks do it, but I tell them NO Rowand. Unless of course the Sox are willing to find a bat to replace him. I guess you could see Everett in left and Spod in CF but I don't want to see that.

I'd want to see the Sox do something to replace Rowand and thats Beltran and I don't see that happening, lol.

Don't kid yourself folks, there's no interest by anyone in obtaining Everett.  Hell, we were hoping he wouldn't activate his player option this year.  Rowand would be at the core of any trade we would make.

That was before million dollar contracts were being handed out like credit card applications. $4 mill for [healthy] Everett is a reasonable contract. Yet the sox can't just have him sit on the bench for that cash

One thing I want to say is. Richrd Hildalgo got 5-6 mill a year one year. Everett will be 4 mill this year.

Now Hildalgo is better defensively but if in shape Everett is still versatile and can hit, just as good as Hildalgo can. Everett at 4 mill compared to Hildalgo at 5-6 mill is a realistic thing for the Sox to look at.

Lets also remember the Arizona was interested in both Hildalgo and Dye but missed out; I actually do think Everett fits similarly to Hildalgo. If given the option, I think Everett is more likely to put up better numbers then Richard.

Final offer:

Garland, Marte, Everett, Anderson and Chris Young

Many years all of us have suffered through so much mental pain with our beloved Sox. Should AZ accept the above offer, the Sox might then have a team that will excite every one of us. Envision the lineup:

Starting Pitchers (in rotation order):

1) Johnson :wub:

2) Buehrle

3) Garcia

4) Contreras

5) Wilson Alvarez or one of the lower-tier 5th starter

Starting Batters (in batting order):

1) Podsednik CF

2) Rowand LF

3) Thomas DH

4) Konerko 1B

5) Dye RF

6) Uribe SS

7) Crede 3B

8) Burke/Davis/Pierzynski :wub: (Should we have enough money left) C

9) Harris 2B

Bullpen: Even without Marte, we still have a very solid bullpen

Man, I can die to have that kind of lineup.

One special note: By doing this trade, we are definitely NOT tearing our team apart. It's much easier to replace the Garland, Everett, Marte, Anderson and Chris Young than to acquire a gem in Johnson.

Final offer:

Garland, Marte, Everett, Anderson and Chris Young

Many years all of us have suffered through so much mental pain with our beloved Sox.  Should AZ accept the above offer, the Sox might then have a team that will excite every one of us.  Envision the lineup:

1) Johnson  :wub:

2) Buehrle

3) Garcia

4) Contreras

Starting Batters (in batting order):

1) Podsednik CF

2) Rowand LF

3) Thomas DH

4) Konerko 1B

5) Dye RF

6) Uribe SS

7) Crede 3B

8) Burke/Davis/Pierzynski  :wub: (Should we have enough money left) C

9) Harris 2B

Bullpen: Even without Marte, we still have a very solid bullpen

Man, I can die to have that kind of lineup. 

One special note:  By doing this trade, we are definitely NOT tearing our team apart.  It's much easier to replace the Garland, Everett, Marte, Anderson and Chris Young than to acquire a gem in Johnson.

sorry to burst ur buble wilson alveraz resigned with the dodgers

1) Johnson  :wub:

2) Buehrle

3) Garcia

4) Contreras

I would imagine that MB would be the #3 starter, with Garcia #2 to break up the two lefties in the rotation. That would also ensure that MB or RJ would pitch once against any team in a 3 game series.

Hidalgo is a lot younger than Everett, he has the potential to have a monsterous season, and the difference in their defensive abilities is night and day.  Don't forget the fact that we have no clue what type of shape Everett is in, and that he's very injury prone.

Everett was only hurt last yr [which prob. contributed to him being out of shape, as his legs/ groin were hurt]. He's been pretty consistent through the yrs. Hidalgo has been very inconsistent. Everett at $4 mill and Hidalgo at $6 mill are very similar.

My point is Everett has value in this 2005 crazy market.

I don't see why KW is even considering trading for RJ now. With his trade a couple of days ago, it made it easier on himself to build a better team. Now he only has 2 holes, a starter and a catcher. Coinsidence: There is Odalis Perez/Matt Clement/Eric Milton and AJ Pierzynski in the FA market. Now if AJ and one of those pitchers was signed, we will definitely win the division and maybe go to the world series. What' complicated about that?