WSCR reports on Clement

ManSooLee

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The White Sox have matched the Angels offer (3 years 30 MIllion)for SP MAtt Clement........Just heard on the Score. The guy who is filling in for Murph, reported this...This is NOT a rumor

The Score doesn't have the best track record when it comes to info like this.

If it's true, then he'll sign here unless Boston jumps in with a crazy offer.

Oh lord, this is making this too confusing for my psyche. I would love Clement on the Sox, but 10 mil a year over 3 for him is insane. Considering he has no experience pitching in the AL, I would rather the Sox now sign Lowe for like 7 mil a year if they could get him for that much. Almost makes you wish we went balls out like this for Pavano and just offered him 4/48.

It's going to be expensive either way.

Marlins are in on Perez now, rumor is he is looking for 7 million.

3 years 22 million, could just be enough to sign Perez, and then you still have money left over to sign Pierz or Cora and someone else.

If we do sign him at about 10 mil a year, I have a feeling that someone like Marte or even possibly PK should get their bags packed and be on the lookout for a trade. We would be like 5 mil over budget already, and would still need like 5 million more to fill out the rest of our roster.

If we do sign him at about 10 mil a year, I have a feeling that someone like Marte or even possibly PK should get their bags packed and be on the lookout for a trade.  We would be like 5 mil over budget already, and would still need like 5 million more to fill out the rest of our roster.

Marte should never be traded and i am serious. He is signed to a ridiculously affordable deal and is a top five left handed reliever in all of baseball. Can actually get right handed hitters unlike 80% of left handed relievers.

Honestly, It doesn't matter to me whether or not Sox overpay. Not my money, and frankly I'd rather overpay with cash than talent/prospects.

If dishing 10 million for Matt Clement ensures our rotation is complete, I'll accept it. I'd prefer White Sox sign Odalis Perez, but if starting figures place him at 7 million, his price will substantially increase following Clement's signing.

This is a guy, who on his career has been below league average. Can you imagine what Garcia would command on this market? --

Clement, career ERA+, 98

Garcia, career ERA+, 114

Who thinks Jon Garland is overpaid now?

Garland career ERA+, 101

If garland has one substancially above average season over the next two years, given continued market inflation, he could be looking at $12M/yr or more.

Could trade for a another starter such as Hudson, RJ, or Burnett then spend some cash on guys to replace the players traded. Just an example. Trade Pauly to Florida and sign Delgado.

Hmm. Maybe the Sox are trying to show Randy Johnson that they are going for a World Series for real.

RJ

MB

FG

MC

JC

If the Sox spend 30 mil on Clement, I'll be in shock

Could trade for a another starter such as Hudson, RJ, or Burnett then spend some cash on guys to replace the players traded. Just an example.  Trade Pauly to Florida and sign Delgado.

Hmm.  Maybe the Sox are trying to show Randy Johnson that they are going for a World Series for real. 

RJ

MB

FG

MC

JC

If the Sox spend 30 mil on Clement, I'll be in shock

Delgado wants wayyyy too much money. :nono

If we do sign him at about 10 mil a year, I have a feeling that someone like Marte or even possibly PK should get their bags packed and be on the lookout for a trade.  We would be like 5 mil over budget already, and would still need like 5 million more to fill out the rest of our roster.

Actually no. Prior to the CLee deal my understanding was that we still had about $3 million in the 2005 budget. With the CLee deal I think we are pretty damn close to $10 million in budget space.