Films

LosMediasBlancas

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 01:36 PM)
Heard good things about The Host too.....

but Reign over Me looks horrible - nothing is worse than comedic actors trying to be serious. See Carrey, Jim and Williams, Robin.

Robin Williams has been very good in dramas and has an Oscar to prove it.

Rented Borat and Stranger than Fiction.

Borat was one of the most over-hyped movies I have ever seen. Not even close to being as funny as I expected. It's like every scene I was expecting the even bigger joke or laugh to come, but it just quickly moved on to the next little scenario. Felt like something was missing, and it was very short too. And the naked wrestling in the hotel scene was way too disgusting to be funny. I actually became annoyed watching the cut scene that dragged on and on with him pointing at each cheese product asking what it is. Overall, it was funny and had some laughs, but the hype was just way too much for what it delivered.

And I really liked Stranger than Fiction a lot more than I expected...

Reign over Me was boring and you were left with no satisfaction.There was no climax and it gave you very little detail about the people and things you want to know the most about in the movie.It is a good rental because there was some great acting and alot of chuckle moments.

QUOTE(shipps @ Mar 30, 2007 -> 05:22 PM)
Reign over Me was boring and you were left with no satisfaction.There was no climax and it gave you very little detail about the people and things you want to know the most about in the movie.It is a good rental because there was some great acting and alot of chuckle moments.

It took a really long time to get going, so I didn't really care about the characters once it finally took off. Sandler has potential for serious, dramatic roles. As a music lover, I like that he makes a point of including his favorite music in all of his films......especially this one. I agree, rental.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 02:42 AM)
It took a really long time to get going, so I didn't really care about the characters once it finally took off. Sandler has potential for serious, dramatic roles. As a music lover, I like that he makes a point of including his favorite music in all of his films......especially this one. I agree, rental.

The soundtracks to all of his movies are always awesome. One of the best soundtracks, though, has to be the Devil's Rejects.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 09:33 AM)
The soundtracks to all of his movies are always awesome. One of the best soundtracks, though, has to be the Devil's Rejects.

I'm not sure how old you are, but there's always one or two songs in each film where I think: OMG, I remember that song and I haven't hread it in a long time. They're kinda like a random B side classics collection of his favorites. In this film, there is sometimes a direct connection between the lyrics and what is happening in the story.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Mar 31, 2007 -> 11:57 AM)
I'm not sure how old you are, but there's always one or two songs in each film where I think: OMG, I remember that song and I haven't hread it in a long time. They're kinda like a random B side classics collection of his favorites. In this film, there is sometimes a direct connection between the lyrics and what is happening in the story.

I'm 21. And I've noticed the connection between the songs and the plot of the movies.

Holy f*** I finally got around to watching the Prestige tonight and my mind is blown and that movie is ridiculous.

Me and the friends I watched it with sat there for like half an hour talking about wtf happened.

What a sick movie.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Apr 1, 2007 -> 12:50 AM)
Holy f*** I finally got around to watching the Prestige tonight and my mind is blown and that movie is ridiculous.

Me and the friends I watched it with sat there for like half an hour talking about wtf happened.

What a sick movie.

Yeah that was a great movie, I like where your left thinking when the movie ends, was a different movie for a change.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 04:02 PM)
Anyone else excited to check out Grindhouse?

Nope, I guess I dont see whats so exciting about it. Maybe its just me but when its on video Ill watch it.

I finally got around to watching Requiem for a Dream, and really, I didn't think it was good. The soundtrack, fantastic. The cinematography, great. The acting, good. But really, the movie had little to no substance to it, and wasn't that good. The plot was nothing special at all, and I felt like it had no purpose behind it (guess what, drugs are bad and they mess up your dreams/life! surprise surprise!).

I will give the movie that it's incredibly powerful though, which was clearly one of its goals. I had a tough time sitting through the whole thing... it got nearly too depressing for me towards the end, and I'm usually fine with depressing movies and such.

There are some pretty good reviews here (watch out for spoilers) that basically say exactly what I think (search "JohnnyTower321" and "Ang Griffen" for my two favorites).

Edited by Felix