Not Newbies, Just new Friends at Soxtalk

Texsox

With the explosive growth, comes some new screen names. Tell us who you are, favorite Sox moment, favorite players, that sort of stuff. Toss out a few favorite TV shows, music you listen to, if you are in school, where? what year?

People call me Enid--it's not my name, but people call me that...Seriously, call me Soxy.

I'm currently in my 18th year of school (first year of grad school). I study psycholinguistics, specifically how people process spoken language.

My favorite Sox moment was the game last season in MN where the Sox won 17-7. I was at that game--and it was amazing (especially after the previous day's ass kicking)...

I have notoriously bad taste in music and men have been known to date me solely to improve my musical selection. And I don't have a tv....

My favorite Sox moment was the game last season in MN where the Sox won 17-7. I was at that game--and it was amazing (especially after the previous day's ass kicking)...

I was at that game as well. If I'm not mistaking, that game was on the 23rd of May, which is the day of my birthday. :headbang

"Chicks dig me because I rarely wear undewear and when I do it's usually something unusual. But now I know why I have always lost women to guys like you. I mean, it's not just the uniform. It's the stories that you tell. So much fun and imagination. Lee Harvey, you are a madman. When you stole that cow, and your friend tried to make it with the cow. I want to party with you, cowboy. If the two of us together, forget it. I'm gonna go out on a limb here. I'm gonna volunteer my leadership to this platoon. An army without leaders is like a foot without a big toe. And Sergeant Hulka is always gonna be here to be that big toe for us. I think that we owe a big round of applause to our newest, bestest buddy, and big toe... Sergeant Hulka."

The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

Very well, where do i begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Alright, I live in Naperville, IL. I'm a huge Bears, Illini, Bulls, and Sox. I'm probably like SoxTalk's youngest poster. I listen to rap and rock. My favorite Sox player is probably Juan Uribe. Favorite Sox moment is when PK hit a game tying homer in the bottom of the ninth against Minny. (I was there :D )

The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

Very well, where do i begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

I LOVE that scene.... :headbang :lol:

I'm not new, but...

16 years of age and I live in Downers Grove, IL. Favorite White Sox moment is when Carlos Lee blasted that grand slam against the cubs, or just when my buddy quickman yelled at Paulie all of last year, with several rants.

I go to Downers Grove South High School (cubssuck1 goes there) and I played football for my sophomore and freshman year. I'm not certain whether I will continue because my ambition for the future is sports writing or working for AM 1000. I've met with Len Weiner of AM 1000, and he says with the rate I'm at, i'll be successful in accomplishing one of my goals.

Favorite player was Maggs. New one is most likely going to be Uribe.

TV Shows: Simpsons and Seinfeld, but I don't watch a lot of TV.

Music: Ranges from Slayer, to slipknot, to Metallica, to Judas Priest, to GNR, to RHCP, to switchfoot and semisonic...lots of bands, though Green Day-dookie is my favorite album as well as The Black Album by Metallica.

I just moved back to Chicago...well Darien to be specific. I was working in Switzerland, but left the job for integrity reasons. I went to Indiana University (Hoosiers!) and am 24. I am going back to law school and just finished my applications. I'm a big fan of Counting Crows, Matchbox Twenty, Sister Hazel, Gin Blossoms, Goo Goo Dolls, Barenaked Ladies, and a few more. Of course I am a Simpsons fan, along with The Amazing Race, Apprentice, Survivor, Cheers, and Quantum Leap.

I am also a beer geek. I have a beer cellar that currently has over 60 different beers from around the world (mostly Belgium and US craft breweries). That's enough for now.

I'm not new, but...

16 years of age and I live in Downers Grove, IL. Favorite White Sox moment is when Carlos Lee blasted that grand slam against the cubs, or just when my buddy quickman yelled at Paulie all of last year, with several rants.

I go to Downers Grove South High School (cubssuck1 goes there) and I played football for my sophomore and freshman year. I'm not certain whether I will continue because my ambition for the future is sports writing or working for AM 1000. I've met with Len Weiner of AM 1000, and he says with the rate I'm at, i'll be successful in accomplishing one of my goals.

Favorite player was Maggs. New one is most likely going to be Uribe.

TV Shows: Simpsons and Seinfeld, but I don't watch a  lot of TV.

Music: Ranges from Slayer, to slipknot, to Metallica, to Judas Priest, to GNR, to RHCP, to switchfoot and semisonic...lots of bands, though Green Day-dookie is my favorite album as well as The Black Album by Metallica.

if u met len weiner did u find out why in june mariotti that he was the king, and will the sox be staying on espn1000. and did u find out whats with all the cub love there?

My name is Derreck, I'm 19 years old, and live in northern Iowa. So yes, that's Twins land and I did used to like the Twins. What changed me to the Sox was that Bo Jackson was my favorite athlete and I remember him playing for the Sox in 1993. After that year, I developed a liking for Robin Ventura and Frank Thomas, along with other Sox players, so I've stuck with the Sox since. I'm a big baseball, football, and basketball fan. I've already said the White Sox, but my favorite football team is the Kansas City Chiefs, and I also to like the Tennessee Titans, and my favorite basketball team is the Utah Jazz.

My name is Derreck, I'm 19 years old, and live in northern Iowa. So yes, that's Twins land and I did used to like the Twins. What changed me to the Sox was that Bo Jackson was my favorite athlete and I remember him playing for the Sox in 1993. After that year, I developed a liking for Robin Ventura and Frank Thomas, along with other Sox players, so I've stuck with the Sox since. I'm a big baseball, football, and basketball fan. I've already said the White Sox, but my favorite football team is the Kansas City Chiefs, and I also to like the Tennessee Titans, and my favorite basketball team is the Utah Jazz.

Where in northern Iowa? I'm here too....

im raff, the fiesty irish kid who already has a couple enemies :finger , just kidding. as long as your a sox fan your good with me. im a freshman at central michigan university, but i live in orland park, the southwest suburb of Chi town. dont worry, i give the tigers fans a lot of s***, but they know the tigers suck. i love beer :cheers , and i can drink with anyone. i went to PC and was a freshman when Honel was a senior. i hate the cubs with a passion. :fthecubs . "rock on chicago" wesley willis

Alright, I live in Naperville, IL.  I'm a huge Bears, Illini, Bulls, and Sox.  I'm probably like SoxTalk's youngest poster.    I listen to rap and rock.  My favorite Sox player is probably Juan Uribe.    Favorite Sox moment is when PK hit a game tying homer in the bottom of the ninth against Minny. (I was there  :D )

where in naper little boy?