What are the odds?

Boxer83080

I will say slim and none and slim just left town....but thats just my thought on it. I bet there is a better chance Pier signs here b4 Perez due to the offers Perez has been recieving...I don't think Perez will be worth 7 or 8 million. If someone wants to pay him that then good for them.

I was thinking that 2...or says the right things just to play the twins 19 times a year..?  I mean he sat in the locker room and rooted for other teams to beat the Twins..now he would get a chance to do it himself...or just sign with the sox to piss off the twins?

that's bordering paranoid.

I'd be happy with Perez, don't want AJ.

I do however agree though I would doubt either of them signing here... hell the Sox have a gaping hole at C and Pier could fill that but why would the want to do that? They have had a gaping hole in the 5th starter spot for the last 3 years and have yet to address that either.....

IMO the 5th SP is more of a need than Catcher..I can stand having Davis/Burke back there for a while, if the money goes towards a SP. Who knows Davis might actually pan out as planned when he was drafted!?!?!?!

I was thinking that 2...or says the right things just to play the twins 19 times a year..?  I mean he sat in the locker room and rooted for other teams to beat the Twins..now he would get a chance to do it himself...or just sign with the sox to piss off the twins?

Wow -- if he did that, that'd be one hell of an unprofessional man... I wouldn't think that anyone in the major leagues would do that, but then again, I really don't "know" any of these guys, so...

IMO the 5th SP is more of a need than Catcher..I can stand having Davis/Burke back there for a while, if the money goes towards a SP. Who knows Davis might actually pan out as planned when he was drafted!?!?!?!

Yes, get the pitcher. Then, if there's $ leftover, give it to Pierzynski (even though I can't stand him).

:puke Pierzynski

Everyone knows I'm not big on AJ, but the bottom line is the dude is a great catcher.

AJ>>>>>>Davis, Burke, and Burke's Uncle Tony

To his credit, I think Ozzie Guillen does a good job with fixing attitudes and getting this pompus athletes back in line. I really believe that Ozzie can keep AJ in check, and if we have Burke catching every fifth day with Buehrle, we will have one solid catching core.

AJ can play fellas. I'd take him for this very reasonable price.

As for signing both... :lol: :lol: :lol:

From another White Sox site:

ESPN 790 in South Florida said sources within A.J. Pierzynski's camp say that the recently released catcher is deciding between two teams with similar offers: the White Sox and the Rays.

ESPN 790 in South Florida said sources within A.J. Pierzynski's camp say that the recently released catcher is deciding between two teams with similar offers: the White Sox and the Rays.

who is the one that decided this was bad info from coldblood? Jim you are the second one to say this, can we open the thread back up gene?? you are gonna feel like an ass if he is correct.

Ya Jim, I heard you heard this, now that poster might not be lying..