Jose Lima

bigred3535

I'm curious to know what you all would think about the possibility of the Sox signing Jose Lima to compete for the fifth starter's spot. I haven't heard anything about it, but he doesn't seem to be generating much interest anywhere else, so he could come cheap. Of course the downside is the possibility of him getting shelled in the Cell's homer-friendly confines, like he did when Houston moved to Enron/Minute Maid.

NOOOOO! Lima would get shelled...we need a sinker baller, not a fly ball pitcher at the CELL...thats why clement would have been good, or even el duque or derek lowe at the right price...LIMA would simply be disastrous and hes a head case at the same time!! But, if its lima at one million a year, or grilli, cotts, danny wrong, etc., i would definitely go with lima but only as a last resort!

NOOOOO! Lima would get shelled...we need a sinker baller, not a fly ball pitcher at the CELL...thats why clement would have been good, or even el duque or derek lowe at the right price...LIMA would simply be disastrous and hes a head case at the same time!! But, if its lima at one million a year, or grilli, cotts, danny wrong, etc., i would definitely go with lima but only as a last resort!

If you watched Lima for his past two comeback years, you would know he is a hardcore sinker baller now.

And #5? H'd probably be our #3.

I'm curious to know what you all would think about the possibility of the Sox signing Jose Lima to compete for the fifth starter's spot. I haven't heard anything about it, but he doesn't seem to be generating much interest anywhere else, so he could come cheap. Of course the downside is the possibility of him getting shelled in the Cell's homer-friendly confines, like he did when Houston moved to Enron/Minute Maid.

Sounds like a damn good idea to me... :headbang , it is weird his name hasn't really been mentioned, but he would come cheap and would be a damn good 3 or 4 on our staff...

Sounds like a damn good idea to me... :headbang , it is weird his name hasn't really been mentioned, but he would come cheap and would be a damn good 3 or 4 on our staff...

Just throwing this out there. He holds the record for the most homeruns given up by a pitcher in the national league.