Orlando Cabrera Signs!

Kalapse

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we change the headline so it doesnt look like he signed with the Sox?  I thought that's what it meant when I first clicked on it....thankfully they didnt.

I worded it like that on purpose, it's funny. Read the topic description, and you won't be confused anymore.

what would make the eikstein signing even better is it could bring rowand down in the order like either 3rd or 5th...

I agree. I want Rowand batting #3 especially while Frank is out. Rowand needs to be at a spot in the order where he can drive in more runs. He is a born #3 hitter in my opinion.

If Eckstein came cheap, I'd definitely love a platoon of him and Harris at second base. Both would be pretty tough outs at the bottom of the order, and while Eck doesn't hit lefties particularly well (at least he hits them better than Harris does, .340 OBP last year vs. southpaws), he plays the game the right way, a grinder, if you will. I think Guillen would love him on the Sox.

I read on rotoworld that The Angels didn't like any of the starting pitchers left on the left on the market so they gave the mney to Cabrera? Does that mean they have NO interest in Odalis and who else was looking at him?

Washburn was tendered a contract, so I'm thinking that's a very good sign they won't go after Odalis or any other starting pitcher on the market.

Washburn was tendered a contract, so I'm thinking that's a very good sign they won't go after Odalis or any other starting pitcher on the market.

Which really leaves 4 main teams out there still going hard for starting pitching. The Mariners, the Dodgers, the Nationals and the White Sox.