Ben Davis

Reddy

Ya know what.. you're right. Get rid of Davis cause he hasn't proven himself yet. And while we're at it.. get rid of that POS Willie "stupid ass I don't know how to steal a base" Harris. I mean.. he's never stolen bases on a regular basis.. so therefor he never will be able to..  :rolly

After 7 years in the big leagues he's still done s***, what makes you think he's gonna be good all of a sudden.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many teams are going to compete for the playoffs when you have the worst catching core in the majors, one of the worst starting 2nd baseman, a below average 3rd baseman, inconsistent 3 and 4 starters, and the worst number 5 starter in the league. KW sure is a terrible general manager.

who said starting???  i want him as the backup over Davis.  I dont wanna offer Davis a contract in the millions and I want AJ for a starter... 

That's anointing him starter... how?

ESPN1000 says the Sox are close to signing Davis anyway, so I'm not so sure you're gonna get your wish.

A catching group of Pierzynski, Davis, and Burke is pretty good. It provides depth and your 3rd catcher can play multiple positions, get down a bunt, pinch hit, etc.

It provides flexibility for a manager who has come out and said he wants flexibility.

Ahhh, but what do I know, after 35 years of watching baseball.

What upside, why do I see no upside in a guy who hit .207 last year and his best year before that was .259 he has never done anything in the majors.

Well hitting 207 you have only up to go I guess. AJ please answer the phone its Kenny. Your starting position is ready. Call me back now please.

ESPN1000 says the Sox are close to signing Davis anyway, so I'm not so sure you're gonna get your wish.

A catching group of Pierzynski, Davis, and Burke is pretty good.  It provides depth and your 3rd catcher can play multiple positions, get down a bunt, pinch hit, etc.

It provides flexibility for a manager who has come out and said he wants flexibility.

You're right, that would be an ideal situation next year.

A catching group of Pierzynski, Davis, and Burke is pretty good.  It provides depth and your 3rd catcher can play multiple positions, get down a bunt, pinch hit, etc.

After we sign Davis back we are stuck with Davis and Burke, in other words one of the worst C tandems in the majors.

Your just assuming AJ is coming, which IMO is unlikely.

What upside, why do I see no upside in a guy who hit .207 last year and his best year before that was .259 he has never done anything in the majors.

Tough to quantify upside if all you look at are stats.

I saw this guy blossom a bit when he got playing time and confidence, he would still get a lot of playing time even with a Pierzynski signing. He's played, what, 400+ games at catcher in the major leagues and his fielding % is pretty good as I recall.

But again, what do I know.

The fact that he did get hot last year, and the pitching staff seemed to like him would be reason, if the price was right. FWIW, just like AJ Piersinski, Ben Davis hasn't always had a stellar reputation as a teammate.

Tough to quantify upside if all you look at are stats.

I saw this guy blossom a bit when he got playing time and confidence, he would still get a lot of playing time even with a Pierzynski signing.  He's played, what, 400+ games at catcher in the major leagues and his fielding % is pretty good as I recall.

But again, what do I know.

My problem is what happend to the Davis who hit the ball well for that hot strek?

Where did he go?

After we sign Davis back we are stuck with Davis and Burke, in other words one of the worst C tandems in the majors.

Your just assuming AJ is coming, which IMO is unlikely.

No, I'm not assuming anything, least of all that they'll sign Pierzynski.

I think there's a 50/50 chance.

What I am saying is Perzynski, Davis, and a 3rd guy like Burke is a pretty good group at a key position.

No, I'm not assuming anything, least of all that they'll sign Pierzynski.

I think there's a 50/50 chance.

What I am saying is Perzynski, Davis, and a 3rd guy like Burke is a pretty good group at a key position.

Yes I agee that AJ/Davis/Burke is a good group, but when AJ signs elsewhere we are stuck with Davis/Burke... :puke

My problem is what happend to the Davis who hit the ball well for that hot strek?

Where did he go?

He wore down, for one. Lost 30 pounds during the year, I cannot verify but I was told he had a nagging virus ... like a flu that kept coming back.

Walker did a ton of work with his swing as well, and changes in swings take a while to lock in.

I'm not making excuses for this guy but I saw plenty of good things and he impressed me defensively.

Yes I agee that AJ/Davis/Burke is a good group, but when AJ signs elsewhere we are stuck with Davis/Burke... :puke

Yes, I agree, I think the White Sox can and should try to upgrade from Davis and Burke.

And I think they are trying ... Kendall back in November and now Pierzynski.

Even with his baggage, the White Sox need to get this deal done with Pierzynski.

He wore down, for one.  Lost 30 pounds during the year, I cannot verify but I was told he had a nagging virus ... like a flu that kept coming back.

Walker did a ton of work with his swing as well, and changes in swings take a while to lock in.

I'm not making excuses for this guy but I saw plenty of good things and he impressed me defensively.

He was sick as a dog in Detroit.. yet still was out there before all 3 games we were there for hitting balls for well over 2 hours. And from what I could see he got along with everyone.

He was sick as a dog in Detroit.. yet still was out there before all 3 games we were there for hitting balls for well over 2 hours. And from what I could see he got along with everyone.

I remember when they traded for him, he didn't get into a game for at least a week. They wanted to get his feet on the ground, learn the pitchers, acclimate, etc.

They spent a ton of time with Davis, both on his swing and working with the pitchers. The pitching staff was as complimentary of B. Davis as they were of Jamie Burke. Both Guillen and KW commented as well in that regard.

KW also said that every position is open for an upgrade, that's his job. It came out they went after Kendall, and it's coming out they're talking to Pierzynski. Both are clear statistical upgrades over B. Davis and Jamie.

Yet I cannot see them just cutting Davis loose after one, going out and trading for him ... and two, spending all that time with him.

Suppose for a second they sign Pierzynski, and he turns out to be the colossal asshole as rumored. Further suppose they have to cut the cord with him. You have a fairly young guy in B. Davis that you've groomed who knows your pitching staff.

Best case scenario, they sign AJ, keep Davis, and you've got great depth. That is exactly what I hope they do, but I'm certainly not counting on it. This is, after all, the Chicago White Sox we're talking about.

Yes, I agree, I think the White Sox can and should try to upgrade from Davis and Burke.

And I think they are trying ... Kendall back in November and now Pierzynski.

Even with his baggage, the White Sox need to get this deal done with Pierzynski.

If we tried for Kendall, we didn't try very hard; probably hung up on salary as surely we could have matched the virtual nothing that Oakland gave up