Contact Eckstein

S720

I think either lineup would be fine. I'd personally have Eckstein bat second with Rowand third...

#1-Podsednik, LF

#2-Eckstein, 2B

#3-Rowand, CF

#4-Konerko, 1B

#5-Everett, DH

#6-Dye, RF

#7-Crede, 3B

#8-Davis, C

#9-Uribe, SS

-Don't ask why I would have Uribe batting last, I just would for some reason.

I like this lineup.

Pods is your leadoff guy. He gets on and can swipe a base.

Eck has good patience and the bat control and speed you need as a number 2. He also can lay down a bunt to sack Pods over to 2nd.

Arow is your line drive hitter, doubles guy, has some power but also has some speed.

Then you get into the thumper part of your lineup.

Konerko Now with the speed ahead of him is less likely to double up.

Everett/Thomas Another RBI group. Great place to get some RBIs gives great protection for Konerko.

Dye should have some good RBI opps here can extend the inning

Crede and Davis have low BA but good power and if they have up years could bridge it back to

Uribe who has speed and power.

I like it. It is a nice balanced lineup. It should give us more depth and more ability to stretch out some innings and create some runs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, make no sense though. It is just a popularity contest.

no, what I meant was, if Crede improves his offense, I think the result will be a much more relaxed defensive player. I think his only flaw on defense is his thought process.

no, what I meant was, if Crede improves his offense, I think the result will be a much more relaxed defensive player. I think his only flaw on defense is his thought process.

Sure but don't be surprised if he improved offensively if more people recognized him, giving him a better shot to be a gold glover.

1. Podsednik - LF

2. Eckstein - 2B

3. Rowand - CF

4. Konerko - DH

5. Dye - RF

6. Gload - 1B

7. Uribe - SS

8. Crede - 3B

9. Davis - C

This is the lineup I want. I don't think the Big Hurt will be ready opening day. When a healthy Frank is in there, I absolutely love that lineup.

1.  Podsednik - LF

2.  Eckstein - 2B

3.  Rowand - CF

4.  Konerko - DH

5.  Dye - RF

6.  Gload - 1B

7.  Uribe - SS

8.  Crede - 3B

9.  Davis - C

This is the lineup I want.  I don't think the Big Hurt will be ready opening day.  When a healthy Frank is in there, I absolutely love that lineup.

When frank is out everett will be the dh and konerko will play first.

He said that was the lineup he wanted, not what it would be.

True, he did, i just don't see everett on the bench while frank is out since he is four million dollars and gload is practically nothing. I want to see gload get more time as much as anyone but it won't be next year.

True, he did, i just don't see everett on the bench while frank is out since he is four million dollars and gload is practically nothing. I want to see gload get more time as much as anyone but it won't be next year.

qwerty is one-hundred percent correct here. Carl Everett will not be on the bench when Frank Thomas is out of the lineup.

And it is stupid for the White Sox to let a contract that they never were even part of the bargain for, dictate who is going to play.

Gload and Everett had equal chances last year, Gload out produced Everett.

I think Everett will be the "starter" out of respect to him and in hopes that he can put up numbers that come close to worth $4mil, and if he does not Gload will replace him very quickly.

SB

To those who want Uribe 9th in the order...why would we want a guy with an OPS of .830 batting 9th, while having guys with OPS of sub .750 and even some cases sub .700?

Is the 9th spot not the spot for your worst hitter?

Best possible lineup for us opening day is...

Pods - LF

Eck - SS

Rowand - CF

Konerko - 1B

Dye - RF

Everett - DH

Uribe - 2B

Crede - 3B

Davis - C

with Rowand moving down to the 6th spot and Thomas returning to the #3 spot when he returns from his injury.

Then again, the possible idea of some type of protection makes sense too. Have a guy who is a very good threat with the bat hit 9th in Uribe, allowing Crede and Davis to see better pitches perhaps.

I just do not like Uribe hitting 9th...might have something to do with me being a huge fan of Uribe though. :D

WSCR just reported that the Sox has contacted Eckstein's agent. No other further news. If we get Eckstein, the Carlos Lee's trade has truly panned out for the Sox.

Trade Carlos Lee and we get money for:

1) Podsednik

2) Vizcaino

3) El Duque

4) Eckstein

5) A minor league prospect (PTBNL)

BY S720 12-22-04

Thanks for the new info, I hope we get Eckstein.

takatsuclub.gif

What's Eck gonna cost us?

Who else is looking at him?

Do we play him over Willie?...if so, trade Willie?....platoon him and Willie?

Does Eck play other infield positions?

We get Eckstien and Willie "I got speed but cant steal a base to save my f***ing life" Harris can hit the road as far as I'm concerned.

We get Eckstien and Willie "I got speed but cant steal a base to save my f***ing life" Harris can hit the road as far as I'm concerned.

Willie spells CF and 2nd base. It gives us also a pinch runner, granted a pinch runner that hugs the base he is on because he is afraid of running, but a fast one when the ball is hit.

im not positive but i dont think cora has played ss....which makes it all the better for us to sign eckstein because then we have insurance all around our infield...if uribe struggles eck goes to ss if harris struggles eck goes to 2B if crede struggles uribe goes to 3rd and eckstein goes to ss..... now only if we can sign eckstein and AJ than we have an actual complete team

Cora's played over 200 major league games at SS [last in 2003]. Eckstein's played 14 games at 2B [in 2001].

:headbang Cora or Ecks will make this offseason sooooooo good. I read that Ozzie's fav. player last year was Eckstein. Hear is the quote from chisox.com.

Eckstein was a favorite of manager Ozzie Guillen's last season because of his grittiness and the manner in which he set up the offense at the top of the order. The diminutive shortstop made just six errors in the field during the 2004 season.

I really like Uribe at SS so if we get eck he should be at 2nd but beck72 made a good point with eck has not played much at 2nd base. But either Cora or Eckstein will make me damn happy to be a sox fan!!!!!

This is the question you have to ask yourself, do you want cora who has a better on base percentage or eckstein who has more steals better average and world series experience?

Alex Cora: 29

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

2004 138 405 47 107 9 4 10 47 47 41 3 4 .264 .364 .380 .745

David Eckstein: 29

YEAR G AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS BA OBP SLG OPS

2004 142 566 92 156 24 1 2 35 42 49 16 5 .276 .339 .332 .671

my choice eckstein :headbang