Quotes from KW regarding Hernandez

aboz56

"I got the best report on a physical that I've ever received since I've been sitting in this chair," said Williams of Hernandez. "(Trainer) Herm (Schneider) and our doctors feel this guy has a great upside, with strength in his elbow and shoulder.

"The wear and tear is not indicative of a Major League pitcher. The MRI and X-rays are as solid as we have had in a long time. It's just more reason for optimism."

"This is definitely part of our overall plan and thinking," added Williams of following up the Lee trade with the Hernandez signing. "There was never any intention of stopping with the first part of it.

"We could have been shut out in our efforts to go after a starting pitcher we were comfortable with as the second part of the plan. But it doesn't mean the plan was faulty. It would have evolved as the season went on."

"For us, it was going to begin and end with pitching," Williams said of the re-making of the White Sox. "We entertained some other things along the way, bigger names out there, for lack of a better word. But we feel really good from where we sit from 1 to 12, and if we have to dig deeper, from 1 to 13, 14 or 15.

-------

Just thought I would share these with everybody.

Ozzie don't be a fool!  Limit his pitch count betw 100-110.  There is plenty of data available that proves this guy begins to breakdown every time he pitches into the 120+ range.

I think El Duque will be just fine. In fact, he's one that I would want to see pitching FOR US instead of AGAINST US in October, that's for damn sure.

This is from ESPN.com:

The White Sox pursued Matt Clement, but he finalized a $25.5 million, three-year deal with Boston on Wednesday. El Duque was a close second, and will likely be Chicago's No. 3 pitcher, behind Buehrle and Garcia.

This guy has made 30 starts one time in his career.

Something about that stat does not make me feel comfortable.

I like Duque...I think he could be a solid starter for us...and I like signing him. Having a junkballer in our rotation is a good thing. But I would like more durability.

Definately limit his pitch count. He should never have a complete game this year, unless it is around 100 pitches.

I am just really excited about this still, the idea of having Garland as our worst starter is pretty damn good to me.

And the experience that El Duque has from the big games and being a professional in the Bronx I am excited to have as well.

I think this was a good move overall.

He has a very unique windup which disguises his pitches, he also has loopy stuff that looks as if it's way high and suddenly drops. He's a junkballer that strikes out about 1 per inning.

If we get lucky, and he stays healthy, he has ACE quality stuff. I believe he has 3 world series rings and knows how to step it up in big game situations unlike almost anyone.

-y2

Nice of you to steal my sig picture from WSI...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbullet...php?userid=3974

:lolhitting :cheers

That's not stealing, really. He's not using it as his signature or avatar. It's just an image that's out there. Tons of images are posted on message boards every day. Images from big places. Do they complain? :nono