• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark B. - 17

Garcia - 18

Duque - 7 (if healthy for 1/2 season or less) or 16 if healthy for the season

Jose Contreras - 15 i think he will have his break out year, hes got the stuff to do it and will find it in 2005

garland - 13 will have his best season by far this year, and will have a lot of indecesions, and will keep us in a lot of games.

Not necessarily Contreras, but expecting all 5 starters to reach double-digit wins is pretty silly.

i dont think its silly at all to think that all 5 could get at least 10... you said JC would get 9... thats only 1 away from saying all 5 would have double digit wins

kind of a contradiction?

i see what your saying, but i think your not giving the count enough credit... thats cool thou, he'll suprise the hell out of you IMHO.

As a rule I rarely count wins because MLB is all about losses. To insure yourself of winning a division you need to try & build a team that will lose no more than 70 games.

If you have a good rotation & good bullpen that splits 50 losses by starters & 20 losses by the pen. Ideally you'd like a pen with no more than 15 losses.

Pen:

Cotts 4wins

Viz 3wins 2saves

Marte 2wins 1save

Hermanson 3wins 7saves (Takatsu will go through crappy period)

Takatsu 2wins 22saves

Pollite 3wins

Adkins 3win

20 wins

Honestly, I think the pen will have more saves than that. Although the offense is more balanced, we really don't have that blowout offense anymore. It's more consistent but it will obviously have it struggles. Every team has struggles sometime and that where I think the bulk of the saves will come. I'm expecting 30 saves from (full-time closer) Shingo.

Buehrle - 21 wins

Garcia - 18 wins

Garland - 20 wins (something he's completely capable of)

Contreras - 13 wins

El Duque - 11 wins (he wont get very many starts, ebing in the fifth spot)

83 wins by our starting rotation, call me crazy but garland could surprise us all this year, and could be the missing link that will bring us to the world series